Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

4 hours ago, Ann said:

Josh talk starts at 11:45

It may be the homer in me because he likes Josh, but Simms is one of my favorite commentators lately. He isn't afraid to call other commentators out for being lazy. To paraphrase, "He just threw 70 strikes. He throws one bad pass and they're saying 'Well, accuracy was his problem in college.' Really? He's throwing 70% completion, one of the best in the NFL, and you're bringing up his accuracy issues?"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's looking at you Terry 51% Lifetime Completion Bradshaw.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

On 11/17/2020 at 7:30 PM, IDBillzFan said:

In fairness, 

At the risk of being Debbie Downer, three of those guys (Seattle, Atlanta and KC) behind Josh had their bye weeks already.

I'm glad he's even IN that graphic, but it's going to look a lot different next week, especially with Wilson playing the Cards.

He's out of 5th by 18 yards:

• Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Never a doubt. :classic_biggrin:

Surprised to see Marsha at #4. Especially after last night's shitshow with only 200 yards.

• Like 1

Duck Butkus was famously quoted that he wanted to hit an opponent so hard that he would see its head rolling down the field. 
Personally, I’d settle for seeing Marcia laid out, knocked out of his pantaloons and his bowels evacuated all over midfield. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Nanker said:

Personally, I’d settle for seeing Marcia laid out, knocked out of his pantaloons and his bowels evacuated all over midfield. 

A picture in words. It is almost poetic.

On 11/24/2020 at 5:09 PM, Ann said:

Ryan is so prolific passing, but the Falcons are only 3-7? Must be a lack of the it factor.

28 minutes ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

Didn't we just draft him? Holy crap we've had some bad QBs.

He probably has more wins than most of the QBs, that have shuffled through the team since Kelly retired, even have starts. 

• Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
16 hours ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

15 hours ago, Hedge said:

He probably has more wins than most of the QBs, that have shuffled through the team since Kelly retired, even have starts. 

The guy has just 23 wins, and he’s already 5th all-time in team history. That’s not a testament to Allen, that’s as deep a wound as you can put in Ralph Wilson’s legacy.

To put this in perspective, Josh Allen is the 33rd active winningest QB in the league; and tied for 190th place in league history with legends of the gridiron such as David Carr and Mark Malone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

I’m assuming the top 3 would be Kelly, Ferguson, Kemp. Who is 4th?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

Bledsoe, maybe?

Must be. According to pro football reference Bledsoe and Allen are currently tied with 23. Taylor is at 22, Flutie at 21, and Fitz at 20.

1 minute ago, Chandemonium said:

Must be. According to pro football reference Bledsoe and Allen are currently tied with 23. Taylor is at 22, Flutie at 21, and Fitz at 20.

So, the real news is that Josh Allen just passed Tyrod Taylor. :classic_ninja: Proof that numbers can be spun to fit anyone's agenda!

• Haha 2

On 11/25/2020 at 10:15 AM, Ann said:

Popping this here too, since the link to Dunne's piece is in 2 threads

Just getting back to this.  Another great long form piece from Dunne.

There are a few loose ends though, as I don't truly buy McD's explanations that he passed on Mahomes because he wanted to send a message to the veterans that he was not rebuilding.  If that were the case, they wouldn't have gutted the roster of talented malcontents and underachievers in the summer.

I also don't believe Monos's rationalization that they believed Mahomes could last to the end of the round. There were many evaluations that had Mahomes in top 10, and very few had him dropping to the bottom of round 1.  

In a sense, McDermott saved his career in Buffalo with the Allen pick, because everything he did leading up to his second season was suspect at best.