Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS' History

Alaska Darin

Crap Throwing Clavin
20 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

And who had the pressure that lead to the turnover?  Kyle Williams.

Good things happen when you have a Williams on the roster.

• Haha 1

image.jpeg.6a46607259ae735a04c033446407c8d0.jpeg

1992 afc wild card playoffs. Was at that game. Saw the most amazing game. Still have the playoff ticket stub and program book. It was so fun and so cold hands and toes froze

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Rochesterny said:

image.jpeg.6a46607259ae735a04c033446407c8d0.jpeg

1992 afc wild card playoffs. Was at that game. Saw the most amazing game. Still have the playoff ticket stub and program book. It was so fun and so cold hands and toes froze

Wasn't at the game.  Was living out of town.  But that game was the reason for buying my 1st VCR.  (Rents had taped the games for me & then mailed them down every month or so.  But game, as you know, wasn't a sellout & wasn't on local TV.)  What a great event to have as the very 1st thing taped on my own equipment.

31 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wasn't at the game.  Was living out of town.  But that game was the reason for buying my 1st VCR.  (Rents had taped the games for me & then mailed them down every month or so.  But game, as you know, wasn't a sellout & wasn't on local TV.)  What a great event to have as the very 1st thing taped on my own equipment.

I'm sure I've told this story before but I was still in the AF at the time and one of the guys I worked with was from Houston.  He gave me shit all week leading up to the game and I just had to take it because honestly I didn't really see a path to victory in the upcoming game.

He called me at halftime but I didn't answer for obvious reasons.  One of my other buddies called me once the BILLS started making a game of it.  I literally said "if we could just get a turnover" about a minute before Henry Jones' pick.  He hung out on the phone with me to make sure he didn't jinx the comeback (nothing like sports to make grown ass men do shit like that, right?).

I was kind and didn't call the Oilers' fan after the game but he did call in sick the first day back in the office.  I don't blame him.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm sure I've told this story before but I was still in the AF at the time and one of the guys I worked with was from Houston.  He gave me shit all week leading up to the game and I just had to take it because honestly I didn't really see a path to victory in the upcoming game.

He called me at halftime but I didn't answer for obvious reasons.  One of my other buddies called me once the BILLS started making a game of it.  I literally said "if we could just get a turnover" about a minute before Henry Jones' pick.  He hung out on the phone with me to make sure he didn't jinx the comeback (nothing like sports to make grown ass men do shit like that, right?).

I was kind and didn't call the Oilers' fan after the game but he did call in sick the first day back in the office.  I don't blame him.

I was right in town. Watching the game on TV. When I saw the comeback I ran to the Ralph and climbed through the sewer drain under the stadium. All I could do at that point was use my hacksaw blade and cut through the 3/4 inch thick pipe and climb through into the Mighty taco stand. I was in just in time to see Steve kick the game winner.....Ahhhhhh!! 

Ok, believable? Yes,  but it was not true. I was at home in NNY on my couch watching the entire game. I have never shut a game off because of that comeback. NEVER!!

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2022 at 8:22 AM, Alaska Darin said:

I believe this was the game when the Lions opened with a flea flicker for a TD on the first play. 

I only remember this because I was celebrating Thanksgiving with a new girlfriend, and meeting her non-football-watching family for the first time, and proceeded to embarrass everyone with my childish, shitty attitude.

I all but ruined everyone's Thanksgiving. Fortunately I was at a point in my life where I was able to go through an experience like that and really self-reflect on how I can be better.

It started with no longer dating women whose family doesn't watch football.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It started with no longer dating women whose family doesn't watch football.

I never really got serious about any woman who didn't like sports.  My current wife knew NOTHING about sports when we met.  I've always been super honest about my addiction to it, so I was honestly pretty surprised when she decided to stick around.

We got married in 1993 and her first real experience watching hockey was following the 1994 Rangers to their Stanley Cup.  The first time we saw the Rangers play in person, she cried.  She also cried watching Derek Jeter's last home game because he was the first player she'd followed for an entire career.

She is on the couch with me every week watching the BILLS, rocking her Diggs 14 home jersey and when he makes a play she says "That's my son!".

We have only done Thanksgiving away from our house ONCE since we got together.  It was at her parents and they didn't have football on.  When we got in the car to go home the first thing she said was "Can you believe we had to ask them to turn on the game?"

She would also kick Jerry Sullivan's ass up around his ears.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

This was pretty fun to watch in a very compressed format.

a fine testimony to the absolute need to play smash mouth in the snow

7 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I never really got serious about any woman who didn't like sports.  My current wife knew NOTHING about sports when we met.  I've always been super honest about my addiction to it, so I was honestly pretty surprised when she decided to stick around.

We got married in 1993 and her first real experience watching hockey was following the 1994 Rangers to their Stanley Cup.  The first time we saw the Rangers play in person, she cried.  She also cried watching Derek Jeter's last home game because he was the first player she'd followed for an entire career.

She is on the couch with me every week watching the BILLS, rocking her Diggs 14 home jersey and when he makes a play she says "That's my son!".

We have only done Thanksgiving away from our house ONCE since we got together.  It was at her parents and they didn't have football on.  When we got in the car to go home the first thing she said was "Can you believe we had to ask them to turn on the game?"

She would also kick Jerry Sullivan's ass up around his ears.

Serious keeper.

• Cheers 2