Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs. Sabres

Arm of Harm

Arm of Harm

It’s the off-season, so you may as well do the following. 

Step 1: The Bills play the Sabres in a football game. 

Step 2: The Sabres play the Bills in a hockey game. 

Step 3:  You compare the scores. Suppose, hypothetically, that the average score for a football game is 5x higher than the average score for a hockey game. You multiply the hockey game margin of victory by 5 before comparing it to the margin of victory for the football game. 

The teams would have three weeks to prepare. Three weeks for the Sabres to figure out who their quarterback is, who their WRs and DBs are, and who their linemen are. Three weeks for them to call up players from the Amerks to build up to a football-sized roster for the football game. Three weeks for the Bills to learn how to skate, how to handle hockey sticks. Three weeks for them to choose a goalie from among Bills players. Three weeks for them to reduce themselves down to an NHL-sized active roster for the hockey game. 

You’d see guys playing football wearing football uniforms with Sabres logo and colors. You’d see guys playing hockey in hockey uniforms with the Bills logo and colors. 

1. Which team would you root for in the football game?

2. Which team would you root for in the hockey game?

3. Which team would you want to see win the overall series? 

4. What would your gut level reaction be to seeing a team wearing Bills laundry face a team wearing Sabres laundry? 

5. What do you think would actually happen in the two games?  

An innatestin concept. I say Josh makes six goals while he’s playing at the goalie position while Tre is rehabbing. 
And Edmunds loses every face off when the opp is at the blue line, and Ford is called for offsides. 

4merper4mer
9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I don’t want anyone on the Bills blocking shots.

Don’t worry, they’ll have fallen in the neutral zone.

4merper4mer

Sabres win because they can speed up the game by milking the clock on offense.  Bills have no such opportunity.  Neither team comes remotely close to scoring in their off sport.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin

The hockey players would be exponentially better at football than the football players would be at hockey.   I don't remember which teams did it but they had each do just drills for the other sport.  The hockey players had no problem looking very athletic doing the football drills.  Let's just say the football players didn't fare as well.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 hours ago, Ann said:

Math? They said there’d be no math!

Don't worry.  It's Arm of Harm.  It's not real math, it's made-up, misunderstood silliness that is almost exactly unlike math.  

4merper4mer
Just now, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Don't worry.  It's Arm of Harm.  It's not real math, it's made-up, misunderstood silliness that is almost exactly unlike math.  

That explains why when I did my projections I estimated the final score in each game to be 3.5-3.5.  

I must have done something right.

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

The hockey players would be exponentially better at football than the football players would be at hockey.   I don't remember which teams did it but they had each do just drills for the other sport.  The hockey players had no problem looking very athletic doing the football drills.  Let's just say the football players didn't fare as well.

Hockey would be tough. Learning to skate forward than backwards? Difficult. The only thing the Bills would have going for them is they do have a goalie. 

• Haha 2