Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NFL Video History

Alaska Darin

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I love this old video stuff.

That game is really the ultimate example of just how great Payton against the backdrop of how BAD the Bears were.  Dude rushes for 275 yards in a home game and his team wins 10-7.

How bad were the Bears, really?  On 4th and goal from the six late in the game, they gave the ball to Payton on a sweep.  He was stopped at about the 2.  The Vikings were driving late for at least the tying score but rookie QB Tommy Kramer threw an interception with under a minute left.

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

That game is really the ultimate example of just how great Payton against the backdrop of how BAD the Bears were.  Dude rushes for 275 yards in a home game and his team wins 10-7.

How bad were the Bears, really?  On 4th and goal from the six late in the game, they gave the ball to Payton on a sweep.  He was stopped at about the 2.  The Vikings were driving late for at least the tying score but rookie QB Tommy Kramer threw an interception with under a minute left.

That's some memory you have.

When I think of Payton, I think of what a douchebag Mike Ditka was.

Dumber than Carrol having Wilson throw from the 1 in the SB with Marshawn in the backfield on second down with a timeout left. Literally dumber than that.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
21 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

That's some memory you have.

When I think of Payton, I think of what a douchebag Mike Ditka was.

Dumber than Carrol having Wilson throw from the 1 in the SB with Marshawn in the backfield on second down with a timeout left. Literally dumber than that.

I'm like Rainman for certain football things.  I was a huge Payton fan because his success really made no sense whatsoever.  Those teams were so bad and he was a tiny dude but he was a &#%$ing football giant regardless of odds against him.

Ditka is such a douchenozzle.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm like Rainman for certain football things.

Great. Feel free to use more than two sentences in the SB thread I just posted.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Great. Feel free to use more than two sentences in the SB thread I just posted.

Or just post "Time for Wapner."

On 6/15/2022 at 4:29 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Or just post "Time for Wapner."

Of course K-Mart underwear. What a movie!

• 4 weeks later...
Alaska Darin

Reggie was crazy strong but Bruce's numbers playing in the 43 along side guys like Jerome Brown woulda been other worldly.

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Barry was unreal behind a mostly terrible OLine.

0:45 is some of the most inept defensive play I've seen this side of a Gregg Williams defense.  Seven - SEVEN - defenders are in a pile, nowhere near Barry Sanders as he runs behind a confused eighth defender.

On 7/20/2022 at 5:49 AM, Alaska Darin said:

Reggie was crazy strong but Bruce's numbers playing in the 43 along side guys like Jerome Brown woulda been other worldly.

I saw an interview recently (Tucker Carslon-Brett Favre) and Brett said the hardest he ever got hit was by Reggie, He said he was relieved when Green Bay picked him up.

Interesting interview, Brett said his dad was like sergeant Carter always yelling around the house. He tells a story about riding his bike home and his chain broke. Dad drove by on the gravel road in his old pickup, saw Brett, and kept on driving. Brett flipped him off and ran for the hills when the pickup started backing up. 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Not apologizing for posting more videos of 34

It's like watching Barry Sanders, if people could actually hit Barry Sanders.  Which is even more impressive, IMO.

Alaska Darin
33 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's like watching Barry Sanders, if people could actually hit Barry Sanders.  Which is even more impressive, IMO.

Walter was a different breed of cat.  He lived to dole out punishment to other players.  If he'd have played on a team with the talent Emmit's Cowboys had, he'd have rushed for 30k.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
11 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Not video, but not sure where else to put this photo. It's outstanding.

Butkus was the defensive equivalent of Payton, basically an island of excellence surrounded by incompetence.   His career was pretty much wasted. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2