Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Disney’s “The Insurrection!”

Dubs

Deranged Rhino
7 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

That ties a nice bow around everything, doesn't it?

100 years from now, the history books are going to be lit. 

Of course, they'll be deemed "alternative history" since the winners get to write the narrative.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Spartacus said:

but before Jan 6, Murdoch's papers were firmly in support of Trump?

'Incitement by silence': Rupert Murdoch's newspapers blister Trump after J6 hearings (msn.com)

Donald Trump has lost the confidence of both of the major newspapers owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation.

Their coverage of Trump was merely 55% negative; practically the RNC... or something.

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
22 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

The only insurrection occurred on November 3rd, 2020.

It started before that. All of the illegal election law changes among other things 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

Let's see if Liz can get enough leftists on her side to save her career. I don't know that there ARE enough in Wyoming, but this is how bad her role in the J6 hearings has  hurt her.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 2

Judge rejects terrorism sentencing penalty in Jan. 6 case (msn.com)

Federal prosecutors' first request to draw tougher punishment for a Jan. 6 defendant by classifying his actions as domestic terrorism fell short Monday as a federal judge declined to apply the more severe sentencing guidelines permitted under federal law in such cases.

U.S. District Court Judge Dabney Friedrich said applying the sentencing enhancement to Guy Reffitt, 49, would create an "unwarranted sentencing disparity" with other cases involving similar threats or conduct related to the Capitol riot.

"There are a lot of cases where defendants possessed weapons or committed very violent assaults," Friedrich noted, highlighting that the most severe sentences handed down in Jan. 6 cases thus far were a little more than five years while prosecutors asked for a 15-year sentence against Reffitt. "The government is asking for a sentence that is three times as long as any other defendant and the defendant did not assault an officer."

Reffitt, a member of the Texas Three Percenters militia, became the first Jan. 6 defendant to go before a jury and was convicted on all five felony charges he faced. Evidence and testimony at the trial showed he drove to Washington with an acquaintance the day before the riot, bringing two AR-15 rifles and a pistol along with him. The jury found that he had the pistol on his hip as he engaged in a tense standoff with police at the West Front of the Capitol. Reffitt was pelted with less-lethal weapons and tear gas as he tried to advance up the steps, waving the crowd forward, but he never entered the building himself.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Judge rejects terrorism sentencing penalty in Jan. 6 case (msn.com)

Federal prosecutors' first request to draw tougher punishment for a Jan. 6 defendant by classifying his actions as domestic terrorism fell short Monday as a federal judge declined to apply the more severe sentencing guidelines permitted under federal law in such cases.

U.S. District Court Judge Dabney Friedrich said applying the sentencing enhancement to Guy Reffitt, 49, would create an "unwarranted sentencing disparity" with other cases involving similar threats or conduct related to the Capitol riot.

"There are a lot of cases where defendants possessed weapons or committed very violent assaults," Friedrich noted, highlighting that the most severe sentences handed down in Jan. 6 cases thus far were a little more than five years while prosecutors asked for a 15-year sentence against Reffitt. "The government is asking for a sentence that is three times as long as any other defendant and the defendant did not assault an officer."

Reffitt, a member of the Texas Three Percenters militia, became the first Jan. 6 defendant to go before a jury and was convicted on all five felony charges he faced. Evidence and testimony at the trial showed he drove to Washington with an acquaintance the day before the riot, bringing two AR-15 rifles and a pistol along with him. The jury found that he had the pistol on his hip as he engaged in a tense standoff with police at the West Front of the Capitol. Reffitt was pelted with less-lethal weapons and tear gas as he tried to advance up the steps, waving the crowd forward, but he never entered the building himself.

And progressives should count their blessings.  If what Reffitt did was terrorism, a lot of BLM protesters would be facing very lengthy federal prison sentences.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Let's see if Liz can get enough leftists on her side to save her career. I don't know that there ARE enough in Wyoming, but this is how bad her role in the J6 hearings has  hurt her.

Meanwhile there attempt to pull hicks and hillbilly's out of the crowd to make them look stupid made CNN look stupid. 

Billsandhorns
35 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And progressives should count their blessings.  If what Reffitt did was terrorism, a lot of BLM protesters would be facing very lengthy federal prison sentences.

When are those prosecutions going to start?

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

When are those prosecutions going to start?

Hopefully never.

I don't want to see speech criminalized, either directly (e.g. calling "Biden stole the election!" sedition and treason) or indirectly (e.g. saying "You committed this crime, but since you did it while saying something disagreeable, the crime is much, much worse.)

White supremacists should be allowed to say racist things, BLM protesters should be allowed to say "all cops are bastards."  Neither should be allowed to commit crimes...but their crimes should only be judged as the crimes themselves, not against the opinions they hold.

Used to be that idea of "free speech" made me a liberal.  Now, somehow, it makes me a Nazi.  :classic_wacko:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Hopefully never.

I don't want to see speech criminalized, either directly (e.g. calling "Biden stole the election!" sedition and treason) or indirectly (e.g. saying "You committed this crime, but since you did it while saying something disagreeable, the crime is much, much worse.)

White supremacists should be allowed to say racist things, BLM protesters should be allowed to say "all cops are bastards."  Neither should be allowed to commit crimes...but their crimes should only be judged as the crimes themselves, not against the opinions they hold.

Used to be that idea of "free speech" made me a liberal.  Now, somehow, it makes me a Nazi.  :classic_wacko:

Thought he was referring to stuff like burning down a Wendy's and the like.

Agree that the idiocy that was spewed during the burning down of Wendy's and attempts to burn down police stations should NEVER be criminalized.  But the actual old school defined violence should be prosecuted whether committed by Antifa or J-6ers or others; though it sure seems there was way more of the former.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Billsandhorns
20 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Hopefully never.

I was referring to the acts of violence, burning buildings attacking a federal courthouse for over 100 days and the like. Not the protests. I agree on the free speech aspect. They caused how much in total damages over the summer of 2020? 

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

I was referring to the acts of violence, burning buildings attacking a federal courthouse for over 100 days and the like. Not the protests. I agree on the free speech aspect. They caused how much in total damages over the summer of 2020? 

Yeah...but my point was that if the judge had ruled against Reffitt and called what he did "terrorism," there would be a hell of a lot more "crimes" committed by BLM protesters than what actually was.

• 3 weeks later...

Ya don't say.

Pence dials back willingness to testify to ‘very partisan’ Jan. 6 committee

by Seth Mclaughlin

DES MOINES — Former Vice President Mike Pence is tapping the brakes on his willingness to testify before the House Jan. 6 committee, saying he has to ponder “profound constitutional issues” and the partisan nature of the probe before agreeing to any request.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/aug/20/pence-dials-back-willingness-testify-house-jan-6-c/

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
Alaska Darin
41 minutes ago, Ann said:

If this is true, this sick guy deserves it.

Guys like that are why I could never be a cop.  I couldn't just put cuffs on him and bring him in.

• Cheers 4