Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Kim Pegula

B-Man

48 minutes ago, Cinga said:

This is the best indication we can get I think that Kim is doing well. I know when my wife was sick there was no where I would have been except by her side. 

The speculation is that she had a stroke or something similar.  (Hopefully, it was something much less severe.)

That Jessie went to Wimbledon & Terry is now traveling without her is a strong indication that she isn't in critical danger.  But her still not being comfortable with being in public nor any statements coming out about her condition is concerning that she may not be close to 100% recovered from whatever put her in the ICU.

Really hoping it's simply her wanting to keep this private & her recovery is nearly complete, but with her being such a high profile public person (her role as Team President of the Sabres and lead role in the NFL's diversity measures are both quite high profile) if she was close to fully recovered would've expected a statement to that effect if that were the case.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Taro T said:

The speculation is that she had a stroke or something similar.  (Hopefully, it was something much less severe.)

That Jessie went to Wimbledon & Terry is now traveling without her is a strong indication that she isn't in critical danger.  But her still not being comfortable with being in public nor any statements coming out about her condition is concerning that she may not be close to 100% recovered from whatever put her in the ICU.

Really hoping it's simply her wanting to keep this private & her recovery is nearly complete, but with her being such a high profile public person (her role as Team President of the Sabres and lead role in the NFL's diversity measures are both quite high profile) if she was close to fully recovered would've expected a statement to that effect if that were the case.

That Jessica played, and Terry is traveling, but we're not seeing her in public for the Bills preseason makes me wonder if she's in rehab, recovering from whatever happened.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

18 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

That Jessica played, and Terry is traveling, but we're not seeing her in public for the Bills preseason makes me wonder if she's in rehab, recovering from whatever happened.

Would be great if that's the case.  Good thought.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Would be great if that's the case.  Good thought.

Mixed blessing.  Would mean she's recovering...would also mean that it was serious enough that she needs rehab intensive enough that she's not at training camp as Bills President.

Like, you, I think "stroke," but we really don't know.  I just hope she's doing okay.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Mixed blessing.  Would mean she's recovering...would also mean that it was serious enough that she needs rehab intensive enough that she's not at training camp as Bills President.

Like, you, I think "stroke," but we really don't know.  I just hope she's doing okay.

My older brother had a "minor" stroke a few weeks ago. Still struggling with use of his left side. After seeing that first hand I can see that that is a possibility. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

My older brother had a "minor" stroke a few weeks ago. Still struggling with use of his left side. After seeing that first hand I can see that that is a possibility. 

Typically after a stroke people will experience improvement in lost function in the first few months.  Recovery after that is slower. Your brother may see a bunch of improvement in the next month or two. Good luck!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Typically after a stroke people will experience improvement in lost function in the first few months.  Recovery after that is slower. Your brother may see a bunch of improvement in the next month or two. Good luck!

His dr at the 3rd hospital he went to before they saw the stroke in the MRI is confident in a full recovery. First two read the MRI wrong. Prescribed blood pressure meds and sent him home at the first one and the second hospital two days later said he probably had a pinched nerve. 1 day later after sitting in Upstate Emergency Room for 17.5 hours they saw his stroke.....on the MRIs from the first two hospitals. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

He's back at training camp. Since I don't follow the Pegula Jet :eyeroll:  I have no idea if he is staying in the area, or commuting. Either way, I "think" this would be a good sign for Kim Pegula's recovery that he is willing to leave her.

The dogs are with him, soooo could that mean Kim Pegula is well enough to have traveled to Buffalo?

• Like 1

Kim Pegula not well enough to attend the meeting:

Terry Pegula and Ron Raccuia to represent Bills at NFL league meeting

Buffalo Bills co-owner Terry Pegula and Executive Vice President Ron Raccuia will represent the team at this week's NFL meeting. 

NFL owners are scheduled to meet Tuesday in Minnesota, the first owners meeting since Bills co-owner and team president Kim Pegula was hospitalized for "unexpected health issues" in June. 

</snip>

Kim Pegula has been an active member in NFL ownership groups, serving on the Super Bowl Committee, Major Events Advisory Committee, Business Ventures Committee and the NFL Foundation Committee, among other roles. 

</snip>

• Sad 2
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Good to see Kim back in public and she's right

Pretty sure that was an older photo and Kelly was saying how her mom's recovery makes this a tough birthday to enjoy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Pretty sure that was an older photo and Kelly was saying how her mom's recovery makes this a tough birthday to enjoy.

Thanks for the clarification. 

I was hoping for something better 😔 🙏 

• Cheers 2

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Has she been out in public at all? I can't remember the last time I saw her on camera.

The only thing that seems to fit is that she had a stroke. It’s awful to speculate, but I wish they would make a very brief announcement about her recovery. We all wish her a full recovery. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Has she been out in public at all? I can't remember the last time I saw her on camera.

No.  Definitely seems like she had a stroke but no word from the family nor any of their teams.

Hope she has a full recovery if that in fact was the problem.

• Like 1