Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

re-Evolution

Foxx

I thought it might be good to have a devoted thread for all the protests around the world that are popping up.

In Holland, the elite are attempting to shut down farming. They are doing this to attempt to come into EU regulations on nitrogen emissions. They are trying to reduce the emissions anywhere from 30 to 70%.

In case it gets deleted:

Considering the size of Holland, this is an impressive turnout.

Again, the video:

Elite cracking down...

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 3

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Foxx

• Nouseforaname

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

49 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The atmosphere is what... 78% nitrogen.

I think this is trying to target nitrogen as a by product of animal manure more than from plants, not that it matters though, since it is absolutely ridiculous because plants need that nitrogen in the soil to grow and green just as much as those plants need CO2. 

F***ing idiots are the real ones trying to kill the planet whether through ignorance or malice!

• Cheers 2

4merper4mer
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

A what now?

I’m applying for minister of zirconium.  It’s a kush gig.

CarpetCrawler
1 hour ago, Cinga said:

I think this is trying to target nitrogen as a by product of animal manure more than from plants, not that it matters though, since it is absolutely ridiculous because plants need that nitrogen in the soil to grow and green just as much as those plants need CO2. 

F***ing idiots are the real ones trying to kill the planet whether through ignorance or malice!

Ultimately, livestock manure is generally fermented plant material. I wonder if hay and corn and other feeds were left to rot, would the nitrogen release be the same?

It's great to see the protests, but I have to wonder how long it will be before the Dutch government goes all "Canadian" on the protestors ???

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’m applying for minister of zirconium.  It’s a kush gig.

The hell with that.  I'm going for the big leagues: Minister of the entire Lanthanide group.  And tree leaves.  Minister of Lanthanides and Forest Canopy.

4merper4mer
3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The hell with that.  I'm going for the big leagues: Minister of the entire Lanthanide group.  And tree leaves.  Minister of Lanthanides and Forest Canopy.

Have fun putting up with everyone’s crap.  

Nobody cares about zirconium.  I’ll be playing minesweeper all day and knocking down $300k.  

A couple of caterpillars drop dead because they ate a leaf with bird poop on it and you’ll be up to your ears in WWF, Sierra and PETA.

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

Old M4A4 Sherman with VVSS suspension, but with a postwar turret I can't identify.

• Like 2

4merper4mer
23 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

VC investors will generally give money to a bunch of startups with the hope that one takes off.  

Also the Dutch are huge environmentalists so I’m wondering what their population thinks of this.

It seems obvious what the farmers think of it.

And assuming for the moment that the Tweet about Gates investing $600M in one company is accurate, I’d say it is uncommon for VC investors to give that amount to each of a “bunch of startups”.   And I seriously doubt that their strategy when investing $600M is “hope”.

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It seems obvious what the farmers think of it.

And assuming for the moment that the Tweet about Gates investing $600M in one company is accurate, I’d say it is uncommon for VC investors to give that amount to each of a “bunch of startups”.   And I seriously doubt that their strategy when investing $600M is “hope”.

It says invested but did he invest or is that the value of his investment ?

4merper4mer
1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

It says invested but did he invest or is that the value of his investment ?

It says invested.  That has a meaning.  It doesn’t mean it’s accurate.

Nouseforaname
5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It says invested.  That has a meaning.  It doesn’t mean it’s accurate.

I’m trying to find some official info but it’s unfortunately in Dutch.

50 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

"Shift the demand", presumably by restricting the supply of whatever he finds objectionable.

Plant based hamburgers and bacon...

• Angry 1