Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

re-Evolution

Foxx

The revolt against green tyranny has toppled its first government, As farmers’ protests spread across Europe

American Thinker, by Thomas Lifson

Original Article

Green tyranny has finally provoked mass reactions, and the first government has fallen after imposing insane policies that wrecked the food supply for its people. Both the president and the prime minister of Sri Lanka are resigning in the wake of massive mobs storming and occupying their residences, burning the PM’s private house and refusing to leave the presidential palace until both men are out of office.

(snip)

Farmers in Holland, in open revolt against government plans to destroy their livelihoods by limiting nitrogen application for fertilizer, are tying up that country’s roads and cities. And the revolt is spreading to Germany, Italy, Spain, and Poland.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 3

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Foxx

• Nouseforaname

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

27 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Italy's President has rejected Draghi's resignation, wants Draghi to address parliament in order to gauge the political situation.

• Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Italy's President has rejected Draghi's resignation, wants Draghi to address parliament in order to gauge the political situation.

It’s an unpopular coalition but this seemed to be related to Conte’s opposition to sending arms to Ukraine.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

It’s an unpopular coalition but this seemed to be related to Conte’s opposition to sending arms to Ukraine.

What strikes me and I think everyone should take note, is how the established establishment is taking hits all over the world. Their policies are not popular with the useless eaters.

It may just be me but... if they don't take heed, there are several levels that this can and will go to if voting them out doesn't work. At current, they are being warned in the kindest, gentlest way possible.

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

What strikes me and I think everyone should take note, is how the established establishment is taking hits all over the world. Their policies are not popular with the useless eaters.

It may just be me but... if they don't take heed, there are several levels that this can and will go to if voting them out doesn't work. At current, they are being warned in the kindest, gentlest way possible.

Why do you consider Mario draghi as establishment ?

3 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Why do you consider Mario draghi as establishment ?

Perhaps I worded my post poorly. He is an establishment minion. It was to them that I was mainly referring. And by the association, the establishment.

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Italy's government in recent times has been so dysfunctional that I don't think it can be used as a barometer for *anything* worldwide. Nothing seems to ever be popular for longer than it takes paint to dry there. And even then I could still see my Italian uncles arguing if it dried in 8 hours or 7 hours and 56 minutes.

The other examples are a warning though, I agree with that. 🍻

• Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Perhaps I worded my post poorly. He is an establishment minion. It was to them that I was mainly referring. And by the association, the establishment.

My disagreement with your post is one of my frustrations with our discussions.  Not everything fits into an American context. 

Like @Hedge stated earlier, Italy has had so many issues with their government so it’s so blatantly corrupt and has been (Berlusconi anyone?) since world war 2 that this is nothing.  Hell the country was run by a mafioso owning all the major newspapers until he stepped down because he was having sex parties with minors…

It’s nothing more than a glorified tourist destination 

Nouseforaname
5 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Italy's government in recent times has been so dysfunctional that I don't think it can be used as a barometer for *anything* worldwide. Nothing seems to ever be popular for longer than it takes paint to dry there. And even then I could still see my Italian uncles arguing if it dried in 8 hours or 7 hours and 56 minutes.

The other examples are a warning though, I agree with that. 🍻

Recent times? I’ll raise you a bunga bunga party.

• Doh! 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
28 minutes ago, Foxx said:

"I quit."

"No, you don't.  Get back to work."

Between that, criminal charges against scientists for not predicting an earthquake, "bunga bunga" parties...Italy's just &#%$in' weird, man...

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

My disagreement with your post is one of my frustrations with our discussions.  Not everything fits into an American context. 

Like @Hedge stated earlier, Italy has had so many issues with their government so it’s so blatantly corrupt and has been (Berlusconi anyone?) since world war 2 that this is nothing.  Hell the country was run by a mafioso owning all the major newspapers until he stepped down because he was having sex parties with minors…

Yeah...but I was more pithy about it...

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Nouseforaname said:

Respectfully, it's not about an American context versus an international context. That's missing the true debate. 

It's about globalists vs populists. Unipolarists vs Monopolarists. That's the fight that's been raging for the past 7+ years. That's what is underpinning almost all the turmoil we are witnessing. 

America is the big, swinging dick of the globalists/unipolarist side of the debate. Thus, they shade much of the coverage of this conflict even when it's not directly connected to them. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Respectfully, it's not about an American context versus an international context. That's missing the true debate. 

It's about globalists vs populists. Unipolarists vs Monopolarists. That's the fight that's been raging for the past 7+ years. That's what is underpinning almost all the turmoil we are witnessing. 

America is the big, swinging dick of the globalists/unipolarist side of the debate. Thus, they shade much of the coverage of this conflict even when it's not directly connected to them. 

No it’s an American context.  There is no “establishment” in Italy, it is just a mega corrupt country that has been ripping off its population since its founding.  Hell you have two tax systems in Italy, the government and the mafia. 

Every discussion on this site is obviously from an American point of view because that’s your day to day.  As an outsider, it’s clear. 

Edited by Nouseforaname
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Every grain of sand adds up my friend.

I have a much broader view of the globe than an American perspective. I think this should be evidenced by the global news I post. Perhaps your issue of perceptions is your own, one created by preconceived notions.

:beer:

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Every grain of sand adds up my friend.

I have a much broader view of the globe than an American perspective. I think this should be evidenced by the global news I post. Perhaps your issue of perceptions is your own, one created by preconceived notions.

:beer:

I would say it has to do more with your entourage than the news you read.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I would say it has to do more with your entourage than the news you read.

Okay, you're going to have to expand on this a bit because, really,  I've no idea what you are trying to say here.

My entourage dictates what I think and say? What entourage are you talking about?

Deranged Rhino
7 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

No it’s an American context.  There is no “establishment” in Italy, it is just a mega corrupt country that has been ripping off its population since its founding.  Hell you have two tax systems in Italy, the government and the mafia. 

Every discussion on this site is obviously from an American point of view because that’s your day to day.  As an outsider, it’s clear. 

Incorrect. But thanks for playing. 

Nouseforaname
4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Okay, you're going to have to expand on this a bit because, really,  I've no idea what you are trying to say here.

My entourage dictates what I think and say? What entourage are you talking about?

I spent the last twenty years reading the perpectives of mostly conservative Americans, debating with them and learning how they see the world.  If I didn’t have this perspective, I’d probably think differently of guns, abortions, etc because I am a Canadian .

You learn how other people see the world by discussing with them, something that doesn’t exist if all I do is read news from different outlets.