Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Climate policy

snafu

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, snafu said:

The EU has made it easier for firms to invest in Natural Gas and Nuclear power for energy needs, calling these forms of energy “Green”.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/06/world/europe/eu-green-energy-gas-nuclear.html

image.jpeg

Nuclear, sure.

Calling natural gas "green" is the height of stupidity.  It's a fossil fuel, you &#%$ing dumbasses!!!!

Nouseforaname

How dare you.  

In 2009, I traveled to Italy by myself for 3 weeks and I stayed with my cousin who lived in Rome.  She went to vote in a referendum that specified if Italians wanted to to build their own nuclear capabilities or keep buying the energy from France.

She being to the left voted not to build the power plants.

All those terrible decisions. It takes a crisis to change one’s mind.

• Facepalm 1

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Nuclear, sure.

Calling natural gas "green" is the height of stupidity.  It's a fossil fuel, you &#%$ing dumbasses!!!!

Well the natural gas I produce is renewable.  

• Haha 2

In other “green” news, Fukushima’s nuclear cleanup has reached the point of getting a “green light” to release treated seawater back into the sea.  The seawater had been used to cool the nuclear material that had gotten flooded.  There are over a thousand holding tanks and apparently that water has been extensively filtered to remove all toxic materials except Tritium (I don’t know what the implications of that is).  As is to be expected, the Japanese fishing fleet is none too pleased.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2022-05-18/japan-nuclear-regulator-grants-initial-nod-to-fukushima-water-release-plan

Edited by snafu
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Nuclear, sure.

Not according to Nancy Pelosi.  And who else would know better than her?  :classic_wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

starve the ones that survive the jab

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/climate-change-dictates-are-self-destructive-also-part-bigger-agenda

For many years we have been anticipating the implementation of far reaching and transformative restrictions on industry and agriculture in the name of “climate change” initiatives, and now it would seem the time has come for the fight to commence.  The first major battleground is clearly Europe, as individual nations follow the emissions dictates if the centralized EU government, crushing their own economies while in the midst of a self induced energy crisis.  It seems like madness, but there's a bigger agenda at play here.     

Today, a farmer's rebellion is rising across Europe as the actual producers of the food that keeps the public alive are being demonized for refusing to work under conditions that would essentially bankrupt them.  European emissions rules are not just about carbon, though that is a big focus.  Rather, the rules include other natural gases including methane and nitrogen which are a byproduct of large farming operations.  The nitrogen restrictions alone are set to destroy most farming operations in the Netherlands, which is one of the largest agricultural nations in the EU.  Germany is set to follow the Netherlands with its own emissions rules in the near term. 

Climate doomsday predictions have been presented by establishment paid scientists and activist hysterics for decades, and not a single one of these predictions has ever come true For example, in the 1970's climate scientists predicted a “new ice age” by the year 2000 and this nonsense scenario was spread widely by the media.  Then they claimed that “acid rain” would kill off life in freshwater lakes in the 1980s; but that never happened.  After that, the climate cult switched over to the global warming narrative, predicting that the ice caps would melt and rising seas would “obliterate nations” by the year 2000.  Obviously, this never happened.

For emissions targets to be met by 2030, drastic society-changing events will have to take place within the next eight years.  The very fabric of our current trade system and the global supply chain will have to be torn to shreds and replaced with an exceedingly limited production model.  Not only that, but the human population would have to be reduced by billions.  This model will be artificially contained within arbitrary climate guidelines set by unelected governing bodies in the name of stopping environmental changes that have not been proven to be caused by human beings at all.  What it accomplishes is the formation of an authoritarian framework, one that the globalists will say is “environmentally justified.”  

Germany, same channel, same reporter, 5 years to the day apart. Notice the difference?

Gotta exaggerate  the narrative don't we?

yXQxv0B3h564.png

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Germany, same channel, same reporter, 5 years to the day apart. Notice the difference?

Gotta exaggerate  the narrative don't we?

yXQxv0B3h564.png

Well it does look like she lost some weight. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Does this dress make me look fat?

The correct answer is still "no, your fat makes you look fat" right?

Asking for a friend.

• Wow 1

13 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Does this dress make me look fat?

A married man will only get one chance to ever say "yes" to that question. Answer wisely.... 

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Cinga said:

A married man will only get one chance to ever say "yes" to that question. Answer wisely.... 

My wife told me early in our relationship that the correct answer to "Does this make my ass look fat?" was "No, it's your ass that makes your ass look fat."

Of course, after 20 years, I've still never answered that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

My wife told me early in our relationship that the correct answer to "Does this make my ass look fat?" was "No, it's your ass that makes your ass look fat."

Of course, after 20 years, I've still never answered that.

Right up there with coming home to the bride saying, "You know, Ive been thinking..." This means you will be building something.

• Like 1

It probably never dawned on the left that after brainwashing kids to think the world only has 12 years left that the kids would suddenly turn on the very people who turned these kids into nutbags.

Be careful what you wish for, Chuckie, as you will surely get it.

• Haha 1