Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Lack of Decorum in Society

Alaska Darin

Alaska Darin

I have to tell you...people's inability to let things go is now bordering on insanity.  Who hasn't almost hit someone in a parking lot.  Did you really have to "shoot her a look" and then be all butt hurt when she got nasty back?  What were you hoping for?  Then go out to the internet and post about how your husband had to get involved. 

23 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I have to tell you...people's inability to let things go is now bordering on insanity.  Who hasn't almost hit someone in a parking lot.  Did you really have to "shoot her a look" and then be all butt hurt when she got nasty back?  What were you hoping for?  Then go out to the internet and post about how your husband had to get involved. 

Her twitter feed is outrageous, funny, and sometimes shocking.  I have laughed at more than one of her stories from back-in-the-day Buffalo Bills that probably shouldn't be out there.

Yes, you are correct that people don't have to give voice to everything that goes on in their life or in their head (pro tip: do not join Instagram or TikTok if that type of behavior isn't for you), but social media has brought out the narcissist in many people.

RochesterRob

It's far far worse than that in general.  A few years ago I was leaving church to go to my vehicle.  Some old guy chewed me out for parking nose to nose with his vehicle.  Nevermind he had an easy shot to backup or go to either side of my vehicle.  For that matter he was not made to wait as i was at my vehicle 10 minutes prior to him coming out.  I waited at my vehicle as I was waiting for my friend to come out as he was parked within a few cars of me.  If the guy would have asked I would have gladly moved my vehicle for him as I could figure he was losing his driver's skills.  Instead he gets within 20 ft and starts in.  We are at church for God's sake and not the local honky tonk.  Being a turd head is the way most people deal with society and society is in total burndown mode.  

• Sad 1

MothersMilk

Wonder if she returned the cart to the cart corral. At Publix it's nearly a crime not to... unless a major thunderstorm is going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

And then there’s the word “heifer” thrown in there at the end. By taking this move giving you that moral high ground of getting in the last word, you have top it and get in one more last word. 

• Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Her twitter feed is outrageous, funny, and sometimes shocking.  I have laughed at more than one of her stories from back-in-the-day Buffalo Bills that probably shouldn't be out there.

Yes, you are correct that people don't have to give voice to everything that goes on in their life or in their head (pro tip: do not join Instagram or TikTok if that type of behavior isn't for you), but social media has brought out the narcissist in many people.

Yeah, I started following her because of that stuff.  This i can live without.  I'm never joining insta or tiktok - I hate people way too much.  I guarantee I've blocked/muted 100x more people on twitter than I follow, including the New York Yankees (who I am a die hard fan of). 

To use a phrase I say in my head far too often:  "Who is raising you morons?"

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The degree to which people are decent to others is directly proportional to how well they push a shopping cart.

Both require a basic awareness of and minimal empathy for people around you.  People who let their cart sit in the middle of an aisle while they compare ingredient lists on their canned ravioli are invariably @$$h@l&s in other aspects too.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Yeah, I started following her because of that stuff.  This i can live without.  I'm never joining insta or tiktok - I hate people way too much.  I guarantee I've blocked/muted 100x more people on twitter than I follow, including the New York Yankees (who I am a die hard fan of). 

To use a phrase I say in my head far too often:  "Who is raising you morons?"

I think I mentioned this before, but I was initially thrilled to have contact on Twitter with Bills-related folks. I actually bought a hoodie from Thurman Thomas's wife, and was literally communicating with her directly about it, and I spent the next couple of days joking with my family with how Patti and are tight and yeah, she's sending me a hoodie.

And then something happens like the Dobbs decision and I can't mute this mutherpkkers fast enough.'

You don't need to comment on every freaking thing that happens in your life. WE DON'T CARE THAT MUCH.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
55 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You don't need to comment on every freaking thing that happens in your life. WE DON'T CARE THAT MUCH.

That's why I left Facebook in a big damn hurry, too.  Three months of "Would you like to let your friends know about this."

No, because if they knew every single &#%$ing thing I do, they'd rapidly stop being my friends.  

• Haha 3

RochesterRob

I was never on Facebook and never used Twitter.  People are still mad at me over this and this is going back a decade.  As it is I am the guy who will move North because most people move South.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The degree to which people are decent to others is directly proportional to how well they push a shopping cart.

Both require a basic awareness of and minimal empathy for people around you.  People who let their cart sit in the middle of an aisle while they compare ingredient lists on their canned ravioli are invariably @$$h@l&s in other aspects too.

I must be lucky because I don’t run into the shopping cart @$$h@l&s very much. The only people blocking the aisles are usually the employees filling the online orders. Now those fools just push those things around while looking down at their device. 

ExiledInIllinois

NOT just hit with a normal vehicle... BUT almost hit with an (big fat) SUV.  Oh the horror!

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

I was never on Facebook and never used Twitter.  People are still mad at me over this and this is going back a decade.  As it is I am the guy who will move North because most people move South.

Same here.  Never had another social media account except these boards.  I will read Twitter but, only if I get a link.

Yup!  Move north!  Always go against the grain!

ExiledInIllinois
4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yeah... But if you do leave it there when aisle is empty... At least have peripheral vision and move it outta way when you see someone approaching!

MothersMilk
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

That's why I left Facebook in a big damn hurry, too.  Three months of "Would you like to let your friends know about this."

No, because if they knew every single &#%$ing thing I do, they'd rapidly stop being my friends.  

I read FB but don't post much. I literally have like 7 real friends and a few family members on there out of around 50 "friends". The rest are just people from my old job and a couple of them are now deceased. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
10 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Dear Lord.  Get some help, ya nutbar.

I would have done two things.  In this order.

1) Call 911 and report a mental health crisis or controlled substance abuse requiring intervention.

2) Ask her "Have you accepted Donald Trump as your lord and savior?"

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 2