Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Brainstorming mundane ways to die...

Deranged Rhino

Crap Throwing Clavin

The four most common forms of unintentional death in the US are: poisoning, traffic accidents, drowning, and falls.  I'd say any of them are pretty mundane.

Or, you can combine all of them: someone who takes an OD of fentanyl falls into a swimming pool that a bus then crashes in to.

(Serious side note: unintentional poisoning is the leading cause of accidental death in the 1-44 age group in the US, causing far more deaths than all other unintentional death causes combined.  And has increased by about 500% in the past 20 years.  Holy shit.)

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The four most common forms of unintentional death in the US are: poisoning, traffic accidents, drowning, and falls.  I'd say any of them are pretty mundane.

Or, you can combine all of them: someone who takes an OD of fentanyl falls into a swimming pool that a bus then crashes in to.

(Serious side note: unintentional poisoning is the leading cause of accidental death in the 1-44 age group in the US, causing far more deaths than all other unintentional death causes combined.  And has increased by about 500% in the past 20 years.  Holy shit.)

Jabba The Hutt
On 8/2/2022 at 1:27 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

This is very OT, apologies, but figured the minds on here would have some good ideas since the room I'm trapped in have given up. And no, this isn't a cry for help or a "how-to" request...

I'm working on something new and without boring everyone with the details of the story, I need some funny ideas for really mundane ways to die that otherwise should be avoidable. There's a character who's a daredevil, think Tom Cruise with his stunt obsession - this is a character who's taken stupid risks over and over again without flinching for their entire career. The concept of "you could die doing that" doesn't register. Then, when the story needs it, they have a brush with death that absolutely rocks them to their core - only I want this "brush with death" to be so everyday, so boring and mundane, most people wouldn't think twice after surviving it - but it destroys this character's confidence. 

The list of ideas we've come up with so far (that aren't great): 

Being run over by: a fat guy on a Lime scooter (those rental scooters in cities)

Drowning in your own bath

Bee sting (allergies)

Choking on something

Falling through an open manhole

Falling coconut

The more boring and mundane, the better.  

:beer: 

How about bleeding to death or almost bleeding to death from being so raw after cranking it to McCaffrey videos all day...

• Facepalm 1

Seasons1992
On 8/4/2022 at 5:13 PM, Jabba The Hutt said:

How about bleeding to death or almost bleeding to death from getting divorced and never making ends meet, despite working 3 jobs?

There........that's better.

• Sad 2

• 5 weeks later...
Billsandhorns
6 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

Being forced to hear nothing but the former vice president speak ='s death by a thousand cuts, eh?

Being forced to hear nothing but the current VP speak 

Edited by Billsandhorns
  • Haha 2