Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

it's the economy

Spartacus

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/rogan-slams-biden-admin-gaslighting-americans-about-recession

Having seen the mainstream media rush to defend a clearly weakening economy, closing the 'Overton Window' on any mention of the 'r-word' - to the extent that one senior economist was fact-checked by Facebook for daring to utter the 'r-word' - pocaster Joe Rogan blasted the Biden administration for "gaslighting" the American people about the meaning of a recession after two consecutive quarters of economic contraction were reported last week.

Rogan criticized the administration for tampering with the definition of the word “recession,” and claimed that politicians were “gaslighting” the American public by denying the label.

“People think that [the word recession] is trivial, ’cause they are talking about this economic downturn, but it’s not trivial, because we’ve always used that term ‘recession,’ and we’ve always used that term to define whether or not the economic policies that are currently in place and whether or not the management in the government has done a good job of making sure that the economy stays in a good place,” Rogan said.

“They definitely haven’t done that, so in order to escape that sort of distinction, they’re literally changing the definition, which is terrible, and it should be pushed back against in a big way. It should be something that people get angry about.”

Williamson appeared to agree with Rogan, arguing that changing the definition of recession served only to distract from the hard economic reality and to protect the political interests of the Democratic Party.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 3

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Nouseforaname

• devnull

• Ann

You forgot " , stupid" in the thread title.

Let's see if the GOP is smart enough to follow Bill Clinton's strategy from '92 in the mid-terms.

• Cheers 2

• 1 month later...

the only thing that can upset this surging economy is a Democratic bloodbath in Nov.

A recession is now likely in 2023. Here's what could trigger a sharp downturn in the economy (msn.com)

The economy is still on seemingly sturdy footing. Job growth remains solid. Consumer and business spending have held up despite historically high inflation and sharply rising interest rates.

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

the only thing that can upset this surging economy is a Democratic bloodbath in Nov.

A recession is now likely in 2023. Here's what could trigger a sharp downturn in the economy (msn.com)

The economy is still on seemingly sturdy footing. Job growth remains solid. Consumer and business spending have held up despite historically high inflation and sharply rising interest rates.

Of course it isn't going to happen until 2023, then they can blame it on the Republicans not willing to work with Xiden to stem it off instead of placing it where it belongs, totally on the Democrats

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Cinga said:

Of course it isn't going to happen until 2023, then they can blame it on the Republicans not willing to work with Xiden to stem it off instead of placing it where it belongs, totally on the Democrats

Traditionally, in a recession, the electorate will vote their pocketbooks before they vote the rhetoric.

I will admit that that's less certain this time around, when the electorate has become so doctrinaire and party-loyal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Traditionally, in a recession, the electorate will vote their pocketbooks before they vote the rhetoric.

I will admit that that's less certain this time around, when the electorate has become so doctrinaire and party-loyal. 

Especially when they are hoping for a recession.

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Especially when they are hoping for a recession.

They're gonna blame it on Wall Street hoarding money.

It just dawned on me that it's not all the Zerohedge links that make me skip the OP's posts.

It's their inability to grasp basic grammar. I'm sure I'm probably alone, but it's that annoying.

Maybe it's just JWPTSD from ATOP. 

17 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It just dawned on me that it's not all the Zerohedge links that make me skip the OP's posts.

It's their inability to grasp basic grammar. I'm sure I'm probably alone, but it's that annoying.

Maybe it's just JWPTSD from ATOP. 

There’s nothing wrong with zero hedge in theory.  It’s something most finance geeks like to read to get an idea of certain trends.  Of course if you trade based on zero hedge, you likely missed every single bull run over the last twenty years.

The problem is when he posts and doesn’t even have a basic understanding of what he’s linking to.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
27 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

There’s nothing wrong with zero hedge in theory.  It’s something most finance geeks like to read to get an idea of certain trends.  Of course if you trade based on zero hedge, you likely missed every single bull run over the last twenty years.

The problem is when he posts and doesn’t even have a basic understanding of what he’s linking to.

Redundancy is redundant.

• Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Understood. I mean more that Zerohedge seems to be the exclusive provider of all of his thoughts. Except the thoughts that suggest basic grammar is a good thing to help establish you as an authority on pretty much anything.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • FANtastic 1

Tulsi Gabbard: The American people are living what's true (msn.com)

TULSI GABBARD: I think all these different examples you're showing, Jesse, just point to a few things. Number one is how grossly out of touch they are with the realities and the struggles of everyday Americans all across this country. They're exposing how directly they are lying to us, trying to paint these rosy pictures that are blatantly false and thinking that we're too stupid to see through their lies and therefore exposing their arrogance. They see themselves as the rulers of this empire. We are their subjects. They know what's best. And we just got to go along. We just got to comply. But the reality is the American people are living what's true, which is not this rosy fantasy picture.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The Controversial Restaurant Surcharge That's Raising Eyebrows (msn.com)

But not every eating establishment is designed with kids in mind.

Singapore restaurant Angie's Oyster Bar & Grill has taken the opposite approach, implementing a $10 "screaming children surcharge" penalty on customers with screaming or uncontrolled children.
Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A brief glimpse into ATOP...

I would have loved for her to explain to us specifically HOW the religious right is responsible for inflation.

Seriously. She should just take us on a little Willie Wonka grey matter boat ride through her noggin' so we can all understand her thought process.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
29 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I would have loved for her to explain to us specifically HOW the religious right is responsible for inflation.

Seriously. She should just take us on a little Willie Wonka grey matter boat ride through her noggin' so we can all understand her thought process.

I wonder why the "religious right" didn't double gas prices when Trump was in office, but only after he left...  :facepalm:

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
30 minutes ago, snafu said:

But Biden told me it was Putin's fault.

Putin's a right-wing fascist, so part of the "religious right."

• Doh! 2