Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Week 7: BILLS @ Jets : The Aftermath

Ann

5-2

It was not pretty, but an ugly win is still a win.

Josh had another 300 yard game, but no TDs. The whole team looked better in the second half.

• Like 9

The second half was a defensive domination. :classic_blink:

Bills record for FG tries at 8.
Bass tied Christie with 6 field goals.
Josh had over 300 yards.

• Like 2

The Bills still have some issues to iron out, but they did pretty well (especially in the 2nd half) against a game Jests team looking to save their jobs.

• Like 2

Something clicked on in the second half. Right from the start. Haven't seen that energy in weeks.

I think Milano being on a pitch count will play dividends too.

Edited by LB3
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, LB3 said:

Something clicked on the second half. Right from the start. Haven't seen that energy weeks.

I think Milano being on a pitch count will play dividends too.

Looked like a different team, especially on the defense, in the second half. Let's hope the D clicked (as you say).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Only gave up 1 first down in 2nd half !

I know it's the jets, but that is improvement against anybody.

Did McDermott finally take over play calling in the second half?

• Like 2

Someone needs to explain the difference in defense the second half. The last few years, we’ve heard all about how the defense is a master of disguise. I feel like the defense, prior to the second half today, was just vanilla with no tricks or disguise. The second half? That was the defense we got accustomed to seeing the past couple years. What changed?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

Someone needs to explain the difference in defense the second half. The last few years, we’ve heard all about how the defense is a master of disguise. I feel like the defense, prior to the second half today, was just vanilla with no tricks or disguise. The second half? That was the defense we got accustomed to seeing the past couple years. What changed?

The pass rush started getting home, speeding up Darnold’s clock.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

The pass rush started getting home, speeding up Darnold’s clock.

Exactly. Was it scheme? Effort? That was night and day. The first half I had visions of Frank Gore having 150 on the ground. The second half, it was nada. The only thing that makes sense is that McD got heavily involved in the playcalling in the second half.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Ann said:

Looked like a different team, especially on the defense, in the second half. Let's hope the D clicked (as you say).

I feel like they decided to blitz the shit out of Darnold. The minute they hit him on his final drive of the first half, he threw a pick on the next play, and after that the sacks started piling up.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
16 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Was this the first win since the new forum was created?

It was.  We’re finally off the shnide.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I feel like they decided to blitz the shit out of Darnold. The minute they hit him on his final drive of the first half, he threw a pick on the next play, and after that the sacks started piling up.

He was seeing ghosts AND zombies today. 

• Like 1