Bridget Phetasy: I Regret Being a Slut

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

A truly fantastic piece by Phetasy. A bold critique of our hyper-sexual culture. Read the whole thing here.

Upon opening Louise Perry’s new book, The Case Against the Sexual Revolution: A New Guide to Sex in the 21st Century, I’m moved to tears by the dedication:

“For the women who learned it the hard way”

Unlike many other people who have read and reviewed Perry’s work, reading her book wouldn’t be some academic exercise in contemplating how liberal feminism has let women down. It wouldn’t be evaluating what those poor sluts over there have endured in the wake of the sexual revolution. Reading her book was personal.

I’m one of those sluts.

I’m a case study for her thesis. A cautionary tale. I knew this book was going to be difficult. And it made me realize it’s time to finish this essay –– one I’ve been trying to write for four years.

It’s a tough needle to thread. I’m grateful for the ability to control my reproductive cycle and make my own money. But that freedom has come at a price. The dark side of the sexual revolution is that even though it liberated women—unyoking sex from consequences has primarily benefited men.”

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

SackMan518

I saw this last night but hadn't had a chance to read it all until today. Definitely a great piece making a case for chastity in an age where people are TOO free with sexuality and suffer the price mentally (and sometimes physically) for their actions. Also, I would argue that women are not any freer having swapped out a man who is the head of household providing for the family for a boss who tells them when to show up to work, when to leave, what that time is worth, and ultimately if the woman can continue coming to said job. Meanwhile the kids are in daycare or public schools.

Crap Throwing Clavin

The piece was actually less against casual sex and more about not using sex as a substitute for low self-esteem.

Still a very good article.