Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The time has come: Bills v *Patriots 11/1/2020

Dubs

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I’m curious if they will sit Gilmore if they are genuinely looking to move him.

The latest does not answer you question, it is merely the latest:

46 minutes ago, FDR said:

I hope Gilmore sits but if weather conditions are as bad as forecast - we might be running the whole game.

Games like this it's good to have a QB that can throw bullets. We'll have to throw at some point and I think we've got one of the few QB's that can cut through the wind.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FDR said:

I hope Gilmore sits but if weather conditions are as bad as forecast - we might be running the whole game.

Perhaps, but running AT Gilmore is fun to watch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/29/2020 at 11:44 AM, IDBillzFan said:

I agree with this, in general, but maybe someone smarter than me can tell me what happens to a football in 40 mph winds. I know Allen has a strong arm, but it seems the weather will turn this into a run-fest. So I'm not sure making Josh be a QB will have the results we'd normally expect in regular weather.

1 hour ago, LB3 said:

Games like this it's good to have a QB that can throw bullets. We'll have to throw at some point and I think we've got one of the few QB's that can cut through the wind.

Technically speaking, there’s no such thing as “cutting through the wind.” The advantage of a fastball thrower in the wind is because how much the wind effects the ball is a function of time in the air, not distance. I’m making these next numbers up because I don’t know the ballistic coefficient of a football, but let’s say a steady 40 mph crosswind causes 3 yards of drift per second. If qb x can throw a 25 yard pass that takes 2 seconds to get there, he’ll be 6 yards off target when the pass arrives. If qb y can throw the same pattern but his ball only spends 1.5 seconds in the air, his pass will only be 4.5 yards off. The same general principles would apply to throwing with the wind or against the wind, but the degree to which the wind effects the pass will be different.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Technically speaking, there’s no such thing as “cutting through the wind.” The advantage of a fastball thrower in the wind is because how much the wind effects the ball is a function of time in the air, not distance. I’m making these next numbers up because I don’t know the ballistic coefficient of a football, but let’s say a steady 40 mph crosswind causes 3 yards of drift per second. If qb x can throw a 25 yard pass that takes 2 seconds to get there, he’ll be 6 yards off target when the pass arrives. If qb y can throw the same pattern but his ball only spends 1.5 seconds in the air, his pass will only be 4.5 yards off. The same general principles would apply to throwing with the wind or against the wind, but the degree to which the wind effects the pass will be different.

:twitch:  They said there'd be no math!!!

• Haha 4
  • Cheers 1

BTW, another artifact of rewatching the All-22 was seeing up close exactly how brutal Boettger played.   They cannot put him on that field, with Belichick seeing that film.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

200.gif

• Haha 1
  • FANtastic 1

4 hours ago, GG1 said:

BTW, another artifact of rewatching the All-22 was seeing up close exactly how brutal Boettger played.   They cannot put him on that field, with Belichick seeing that film.

That's what Buscaglia was writing earlier this week at The Athletic. In every drive there was a crucial play that stopped the momentum, and Boettger seemed to be involved in most of them. I cant remember if Feliciano returning fixes this or not.

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

That's what Buscaglia was writing earlier this week at The Athletic. In every drive there was a crucial play that stopped the momentum, and Boettger seemed to be involved in most of them. I cant remember if Feliciano returning fixes this or not.

It should be fixed by Winters moving to LG and tossing Boettger aside.  

2 hours ago, GG1 said:

It should be fixed by Winters moving to LG and tossing Boettger aside.  

So from what you’re saying, tossing Boettger aside isn’t really a difficult thing to do.

• Like 1

Damn, i want this game to happen now. Have not been this nervous for a Bills game in a long time. A Loss i think crushes this team and this fan base..including me. 36 holes tomorrow will get me through the day, but the “fall back “crap is not good this weekend!!!!!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

35 minutes ago, Ann said:

The weather forecast for tomorrow in Orchard Park has changed just a little bit. Instead of rain the whole game, it looks like rain to start and it will taper off. The temperature never improved, and the winds are expected to be a steady 20mph still.

Weather forecast for Orchard Park on Sunday.

We are still on tap for rain here in NNY. Talked to my son yesterday. He is headed to Alabama to help with the hurricane outages there. Long trip from Plattsburgh NY!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1