Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Preseason Week #3 August 26, 2022 Buffalo Bills vs Carolina Panthers, 7pm

Ann

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

Brady has pooch punted against us. 

But he'd never lined up w/ the rest of the punt unit.

Cunningham is the last QB I recall punting from punt formation.  Danny White did it regularly.  Neither of which ever had a radio in helmet.

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Last QB I saw punt was Randall Cunningham.  

I know Doug Flutie drop-kicked...but can't remember if he ever did it in a game, or just in warm-ups.

Edit:  Nevermind.  Thanks for the correction, AD.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

But he'd never lined up w/ the rest of the punt unit.

Cunningham is the last QB I recall punting from punt formation.  Danny White did it regularly.  Neither of which ever had a radio in helmet.

I wanna know how they fit in a helmet!

A man carrying a boombox during Chicago's 16th Annual Gay & Lesbian Pride Parade, June 1985 ...

I'll see myself out.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Alaska Darin
3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Flutie did it in a game and is officially the last player to score that way.  They made it illegal a couple years after he did it.

I'm not sure if it's illegal as a scoring play.  I know they banned it from the onside kick process after the Ravens' did it.

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm not sure if it's illegal as a scoring play.  I know they banned it from the onside kick process after the Ravens' did it.

Pretty sure you're right & it is still legal after a TD.  Thanks for the correction.  :beer:

• Cheers 1

Two thoughts, for what it's worth.

(1) Somehow I expected a bit better of a performance, even if it was 2s/3s against 1s, but it was pretty clear the Panthers were playing football and the Bills were holding roster auditions. 

(2) While the game was not on TV, it WAS aired on Sirius/XM NFL channel with the Buffalo feed, so for the first time in a long time I was listening to Murphy, now with Eric Woods, for an extended period and I have to say, it's pretty bad. Woods was fine, but half of what he was doing was essentially "Clean up on aisle 4." 

Sounded a lot like:

Woods: Well Murph, by this time the Bills should be experiencing the early stages of Helsinki Syndrome...

Murphy: As in Helsinki, Sweden.

Woods: Finland.

Also, I'm not sure why, but pretty much every commercial was for car accident lawyers. Like, all you do in Buffalo is get in car wrecks. 

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
21 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Also, I'm not sure why, but pretty much every commercial was for car accident lawyers. Like, all you do in Buffalo is get in car wrecks. 

Business is booming now that they've discovered you can win a civil suit through tweeting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1