Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BillsFans Fantasy Football

Deranged Rhino

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We have 11 teams as of this moment - ONE SPOT LEFT. Link is in the OP, first come first serve. Let me know if there are any issues. 

Also, since @Boyst will be at the game, I'm fine with doing the draft Saturday if the rest of the league is fine with it. Would 3pm EST / Noon PST work? Please let me know. 

Is there a possibility of opening a second league if there is enough interest?

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
19 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Is there a possibility of opening a second league if there is enough interest?

Sure, Yahoo makes it real easy to set up and run leagues now. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I took it out for now - but am willing to take votes on it from the league. 

As of now the starting slots are: 

QB

RB RB

WR WR

TE

FLEX (WR/RB/TE)

K

D

+5 Bench slots

Open to any and all ideas on that and scoring changes. 

This is good for me. I also don't like the idea of a QB in the flex slot.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bdutton said:

This is good for me. I also don't like the idea of a QB in the flex slot.

The QB in the flex makes it a lot more difficult which makes it more fun. 

Deranged Rhino
19 hours ago, Boyst said:

The QB in the flex makes it a lot more difficult which makes it more fun. 

It does in 8 man leagues for sure. But in 12 man leagues, with really only 20 QBs worth their salt in a fantasy sense, it would make it a very top-heavy league where 6-8 teams have a real chance while the other 4 teams just get rolled. 

But that's my take. We can/should hold a vote to see what the rest of the league wants. 

We have 3 votes so far - myself and @bdutton are against a QB in the flex slot, @Boyst is for (I think? don't mean to speak for either of you). 

Anyone else feel strongly one way or the other? 

• Like 1

Well, it helped me to win last year, but if the majority doesn't want it, that's alright with me.

(I am aware of how "weaselly" that answer was DR)  😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It does in 8 man leagues for sure. But in 12 man leagues, with really only 20 QBs worth their salt in a fantasy sense, it would make it a very top-heavy league where 6-8 teams have a real chance while the other 4 teams just get rolled. 

But that's my take. We can/should hold a vote to see what the rest of the league wants. 

We have 3 votes so far - myself and @bdutton are against a QB in the flex slot, @Boyst is for (I think? don't mean to speak for either of you). 

Anyone else feel strongly one way or the other? 

I am not for or against. I like the league a little whacky because we are a little bit beyond traditional fans who play for fun. We are pretty dialed in with who's good and who's not so us having to work a bit more is fun. Hell, why not have two kickers? 😂

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 2:09 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

We have 11 teams as of this moment - ONE SPOT LEFT. Link is in the OP, first come first serve. Let me know if there are any issues. 

Also, since @Boyst will be at the game, I'm fine with doing the draft Saturday if the rest of the league is fine with it. Would 3pm EST / Noon PST work? Please let me know. 

@Deranged Rhino just noticed that I'm signed up for the league.  Will probably be too busy to do it properly, so if somebody wants my spot, am cool with it.

If dropping out creates a problem, can stay in.  Not a big deal either way.  

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, Taro T said:

@Deranged Rhino just noticed that I'm signed up for the league.  Will probably be too busy to do it properly, so if somebody wants my spot, am cool with it.

If dropping out creates a problem, can stay in.  Not a big deal either way.  

Sounds good, thanks for the heads up. 

Anyone want to take the spot? I can remove Taro's team and free up a spot. Please let me know, first come first serve.

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino

UPDATE: I have yet to remove Taro's team, because no one has said they wanted the spot (and if we remove it, we have an uneven number of teams and Yahoo won't let us proceed). I suggest we move the draft from tomorrow until next week so that we have a bit more time to get that last team locked in, and can change/add any rules to the scoring the league would like. 

Would anyone object to the draft being moved to Monday or Tuesday at 8pm EST / 5pm PST? Please let me know in the thread. 

:beer: 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

UPDATE: I have yet to remove Taro's team, because no one has said they wanted the spot (and if we remove it, we have an uneven number of teams and Yahoo won't let us proceed). I suggest we move the draft from tomorrow until next week so that we have a bit more time to get that last team locked in, and can change/add any rules to the scoring the league would like. 

Would anyone object to the draft being moved to Monday or Tuesday at 8pm EST / 5pm PST? Please let me know in the thread. 

If I still have a team, either of those days work for me.  :beer:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I’m fine with any moved slot but next Saturday would be auto draft for me.  A delay is fine because I have to re-do my punter rankings.  I’ll show myself out.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

I am fine with next week also.

-- last year's champ

:whistling:

Last year’s champ is this year’s exploding whale.😎

I’m fine for Monday or Tuesday draft next week. 

• Haha 2

Deranged Rhino

The draft will be Tuesday at 8pm EST, 5pm PST. Apologies for the delayed notice this morning, the League office will not confirm or deny the delay was due to the Commish having himself a night last night. 

@Taro T You're still in as no one has stepped up to claim the spot. We can give them until Monday night perhaps to see, but it looks like you'll be back (and this year will be more fun with more teams I think). 

If anyone has suggestions for tweaks to rules, now's the time. The scoring is linked on page 1, but it's a PPR league that will be high scoring. 

Signed,

The Commish

Ruxin GIFs | Tenor 

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The draft will be Tuesday at 8pm EST, 5pm PST. Apologies for the delayed notice this morning, the League office will not confirm or deny the delay was due to the Commish having himself a night last night. 

@Taro T You're still in as no one has stepped up to claim the spot. We can give them until Monday night perhaps to see, but it looks like you'll be back (and this year will be more fun with more teams I think). 

If anyone has suggestions for tweaks to rules, now's the time. The scoring is linked on page 1, but it's a PPR league that will be high scoring. 

Signed,

The Commish

Ruxin GIFs | Tenor 

I’ve never done Yahoo fantasy.  Will there be a link, or will the draft appear on my team’s page?

Deranged Rhino
Just now, snafu said:

I’ve never done Yahoo fantasy.  Will there be a link, or will the draft appear on my team’s page?

There will be a link that appears on the League page about 30 minutes before the draft starts. You can click on the league page now and run a mock draft (or 12) and it'll make sure your system will run the draft software (it should, it's pretty universal now). But let me know if there are any issues. 

I'll send out reminders Monday and Tuesday too as we get closer. It would be fun to have everyone there live, we've yet to have that happen. 

• Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino

So we have 11 teams at the moment (including Taro) - so we need one more by tuesday or we have to drop Taro's team to give us an even number... 

Just FYI

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So we have 11 teams at the moment (including Taro) - so we need one more by tuesday or we have to drop Taro's team to give us an even number... 

Just FYI

Somebody else bolted?  What, did Araiza have the 12th team?

• Haha 2