Jump to content

2022 NCAA Football Season


devnull
 Share

Recommended Posts

College Football season is finally upon us.

 

I still don't really understand why they do a two week "Week 1".  But anyways, Week 0 or week 1/2 or whatever we should call it, has an uninspiring slate.

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ND has a good team, but asking the D to shut out OSU for the last 3 quarters isn’t much of a plan.

 

I don’t know what top team they think they can beat with a QB who can’t throw.

 

Edited by KD in CA
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Uncle Joe
10 hours ago, devnull said:

FSU vs LSU with a 99 yard instant classic heartbreaker

Gotta love the prevent the win defense.  Also, that was the longest 1 second...
Turned the game off for the OT- what OT?

@Augie How may wounded Ducks landed in your backyard?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alaska Darin

I love the fact that the only ND coach to follow Kelly to LSU was the special team's coach.

 

&#%$ you, Kelly.  You're gonna get killed in the SEC.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I love the fact that the only ND coach to follow Kelly to LSU was the special team's coach.

 

&#%$ you, Kelly.  You're gonna get killed in the SEC.

 

Love LSU.  Hate Kelly.  Used to like ND, but Charlie Weis & Kelly killed that.

 

Don't forget, they also had a FG blocked earlier.

 

Why that M'f'er didn't go for 2 for the win is baffling.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Taro T said:

 

Love LSU.  Hate Kelly.  Used to like ND, but Charlie Weis & Kelly killed that.

 

Don't forget, they also had a FG blocked earlier.

 

Why that M'f'er didn't go for 2 for the win is baffling.

I've loved ND for as long as I can remember and I cannot stand Kelly (or Weis, who is the biggest blowhard I've ever heard in my life).  The next smart decision he makes in a critical game situation will be his first.

 

I'm amazed that LSU hired him.  I read an article yesterday about how he's changed the culture and is holding players more accountable - total fluff piece.  We'll see how that holds up at the end of the year when he loses at least 2 games his team should've clearly won based on talent alone (yesterday was one).

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, devnull said:

FSU vs LSU with a 99 yard instant classic heartbreaker


Saving the FSU coach from answering why the hell you call a pitch out on 3d and goal from the two, up 7 with a minute left.  🤦‍♂️
 

As it turned out, it was a great ended for those of us who were only rooting for Kelly to lose.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Uncle Joe

So the receiver goes down at the 2, ref gets it wrong and LSU gets like a 7 minute timeout before the next play. 🤔🤬

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I love the fact that the only ND coach to follow Kelly to LSU was the special team's coach.

 

&#%$ you, Kelly.  You're gonna get killed in the SEC.

 

And aside from the punter, no players followed him.  That's a telling measure of how players feel about a coach IMO.  Reily probably chartered a plane to get all the Oklahoma people he took to USC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alaska Darin

Congrats to the NCAA officiating for gifting Alabama yet another road win. 

 

Sorry Texas, as much as I despise your program you deserved a better result today.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It slowly dawns on me watching the last pathetic moments of one of Notre Dame’s most epic disasters of recent years, that perhaps Brian Kelly knew this roster - especially at QB - was going to be a problem.

 

  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alaska Darin
17 hours ago, KD in CA said:

It slowly dawns on me watching the last pathetic moments of one of Notre Dame’s most epic disasters of recent years, that perhaps Brian Kelly knew this roster - especially at QB - was going to be a problem.

 

Reason number 64961031986 why I hate Brian Kelly.

  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Reason number 64961031986 why I hate Brian Kelly.

 

Unbelievable that a team that is supposed to be top 10 has no QB. Buckner is at best a poor man's Tim Tebow without the leadership. The number of awful throws he made yesterday was depressing.

 

And I hate to say it, but Freeman is not inspiring much confidence, either during the game or in that post-game presser.  This may be a painful learning process.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alaska Darin
4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

 

Unbelievable that a team that is supposed to be top 10 has no QB. Buckner is at best a poor man's Tim Tebow without the leadership. The number of awful throws he made yesterday was depressing.

 

And I hate to say it, but Freeman is not inspiring much confidence, either during the game or in that post-game presser.  This may be a painful learning process.

I hate to say this out loud but "Ty Willingham as a better recruiter".

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Guidelines