Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NCAA Football Season

devnull

College Football season is finally upon us.

I still don't really understand why they do a two week "Week 1".  But anyways, Week 0 or week 1/2 or whatever we should call it, has an uninspiring slate.

• Cheers 2

ND has a good team, but asking the D to shut out OSU for the last 3 quarters isn’t much of a plan.

I don’t know what top team they think they can beat with a QB who can’t throw.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, devnull said:

FSU vs LSU with a 99 yard instant classic heartbreaker

Gotta love the prevent the win defense.  Also, that was the longest 1 second...
Turned the game off for the OT- what OT?

@Augie How may wounded Ducks landed in your backyard?

I love the fact that the only ND coach to follow Kelly to LSU was the special team's coach.

&#%$ you, Kelly.  You're gonna get killed in the SEC.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I love the fact that the only ND coach to follow Kelly to LSU was the special team's coach.

Love LSU.  Hate Kelly.  Used to like ND, but Charlie Weis & Kelly killed that.

Don't forget, they also had a FG blocked earlier.

Why that M'f'er didn't go for 2 for the win is baffling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Love LSU.  Hate Kelly.  Used to like ND, but Charlie Weis & Kelly killed that.

Don't forget, they also had a FG blocked earlier.

Why that M'f'er didn't go for 2 for the win is baffling.

I've loved ND for as long as I can remember and I cannot stand Kelly (or Weis, who is the biggest blowhard I've ever heard in my life).  The next smart decision he makes in a critical game situation will be his first.

I'm amazed that LSU hired him.  I read an article yesterday about how he's changed the culture and is holding players more accountable - total fluff piece.  We'll see how that holds up at the end of the year when he loses at least 2 games his team should've clearly won based on talent alone (yesterday was one).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, devnull said:

FSU vs LSU with a 99 yard instant classic heartbreaker

Saving the FSU coach from answering why the hell you call a pitch out on 3d and goal from the two, up 7 with a minute left.  🤦‍♂️

As it turned out, it was a great ended for those of us who were only rooting for Kelly to lose.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

And aside from the punter, no players followed him.  That's a telling measure of how players feel about a coach IMO.  Reily probably chartered a plane to get all the Oklahoma people he took to USC.

Congrats to the NCAA officiating for gifting Alabama yet another road win. 

Sorry Texas, as much as I despise your program you deserved a better result today.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

It slowly dawns on me watching the last pathetic moments of one of Notre Dame’s most epic disasters of recent years, that perhaps Brian Kelly knew this roster - especially at QB - was going to be a problem.

• Angry 1

17 hours ago, KD in CA said:

It slowly dawns on me watching the last pathetic moments of one of Notre Dame’s most epic disasters of recent years, that perhaps Brian Kelly knew this roster - especially at QB - was going to be a problem.

Reason number 64961031986 why I hate Brian Kelly.

• Angry 1

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Reason number 64961031986 why I hate Brian Kelly.

Unbelievable that a team that is supposed to be top 10 has no QB. Buckner is at best a poor man's Tim Tebow without the leadership. The number of awful throws he made yesterday was depressing.

And I hate to say it, but Freeman is not inspiring much confidence, either during the game or in that post-game presser.  This may be a painful learning process.

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Unbelievable that a team that is supposed to be top 10 has no QB. Buckner is at best a poor man's Tim Tebow without the leadership. The number of awful throws he made yesterday was depressing.

And I hate to say it, but Freeman is not inspiring much confidence, either during the game or in that post-game presser.  This may be a painful learning process.

I hate to say this out loud but "Ty Willingham as a better recruiter".

• Haha 1