Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2022 NCAA Football Season

devnull

2 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

I wish I could get $15 million to just go away.

I'm in for $5.  Anyone else?   

The amazing part is the buyout dropped to $7.5mm in 3 weeks, but they decided they just couldn't stomach him for 3 more games.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Cheers 2

• 3 weeks later...

Aside from the forced split screen, the rat bastards even cut the audio over from the college football game you are watching to the damn baseball game.

• Haha 2

Alaska Darin

I'm really glad the Rutgers guy hit the OSU punter long after he went outta bounds.  You just don't fake punts when you're up 39 points in the 4th quarter.

The only less likeable program than Ohio State is probably Alabama, though Brian Kelly will likely get LSU in that mix soon enough.

• Like 1

Scary injury on the opening kickoff between LSU and Auburn.  LSU player tackles the KO returner.  LSU player goes down hard, is unresponsive, and has to be taken off the field in an ambulance.

Then to add insult to injury, the LSU player was flagged for targeting (leading with helmet) and officially ejected while in route to the hospital

Georgia survives a Show Me State scare
Bama takes care of business sans Bryce Young
Clemson proves they can beat a non creampuff from the ACC
Ole Miss upsets Kentucky
TCU pwns Oklahoma
Purdue sinks Minnesota's row boat

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

College football is so much better when Tennessee is good.

Ditto for Michigan and USC.

Never been a big TN fan (despite that awesome orange color), but happy for them to break all those long streaks, and of course, to beat AL.

So I'm not a Notre Dame fan and am thus not familiar with their chants and fan traditions

But I heard, and admit that I could be wrong because it could have been a ND thing I'm not familiar with.  But around 2:30 left in the 4th Quarter, it sounded like NBC's feed picked up a chant of

f*ck joe biden

• Like 2

14 hours ago, devnull said:

So I'm not a Notre Dame fan and am thus not familiar with their chants and fan traditions

But I heard, and admit that I could be wrong because it could have been a ND thing I'm not familiar with.  But around 2:30 left in the 4th Quarter, it sounded like NBC's feed picked up a chant of

f*ck joe biden

It might have been ‘&#%$ Marcus Freeman and Tommy Rees’.  

Just now, KD in CA said:

It might have been ‘&#%$ Marcus Freeman and Tommy Rees’.  

It was a 4 syllable chant, so maybe Rees but not Freeman

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 5:50 PM, Alaska Darin said:

For the first time in 24 years, the Tennessee Volunteers are the number 1 team in college football.

Welcome back!

image.png.a5830f61d6de2a1e3e894290ddf9cac8.png 

Tennessee looked unprepared and overwhelmed;  just a terrible job from the game plan on down.

It's always a lot tougher to carry the mantle of #1 into a hostile environment against a very good team than it is to pull off the upset when no one expects you to do it, as they did against Bama.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

image.png.a5830f61d6de2a1e3e894290ddf9cac8.png 

Tennessee looked unprepared and overwhelmed;  just a terrible job from the game plan on down.

It's always a lot tougher to carry the mantle of #1 into a hostile environment against a very good team than it is to pull off the upset when no one expects you to do it, as they did against Bama.

It was a learning experience.  The program has been so bad for so long it was bound to haunt them some.  We'll see how they bounce back.

• Like 2

Suck it, Clemson.  First big win of Marcus Freeman's career.  What a game by the Irish defense/running game.

PS: please draft Michael Mayer.

• Cheers 2