Financial Institutions

Foxx

Figured we could use a thread on this topic.

Pope Francis instructs Vatican entities to move all funds to Vatican bank by Sept. 30

Pope Francis has ordered that the Holy See and connected entities move all financial assets to the Institute for Works of Religion (IOR), commonly known as the Vatican bank.

The pope’s rescript, issued Aug. 23, clarifies the interpretation of a paragraph in the new constitution of the Roman Curia, Praedicate Evangelium, promulgated in March.

According to Francis’ rescript, financial and liquid assets held in banks other than the IOR must be moved to the Vatican bank within 30 days of Sept. 1, 2022.

The IOR, based in Vatican City State, has 110 employees and 14,519 clients. As of 2021, it looked after 5.2 billion euros ($5.6 billion) of client assets. ...

• Wow 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Erm...

Are you &#%$ing kidding me???  Less than 15 years later?  Let me guess, it'll blow up just around the time the next Republican is in office so we can hear about he caused the next 'Great Recession'.

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
20 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Are you &#%$ing kidding me???  Less than 15 years later?  Let me guess, it'll blow up just around the time the next Republican is in office so we can hear about he caused the next 'Great Recession'.

Trump's fault 

@Nouseforaname

The multipolar world is being born.

Russia's top banks have started lending out yuan and transferring China's currency outside the SWIFT system

... "I don't think Russia will return to such a situation of the dollar's influence on the domestic economy," Sberbank CEO German Gref said at Russia's Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok, according to Reuters.  ...

... Russia's has embraced the yuan as a potential alternative payment method more strongly. Ruble-yuan trading volumes have soared, and Russia is now the third-biggest market for yuan transactions outside the Chinese mainland

Russia is done with Western banking. Along with that, due to an enhanced recognition of what is and has been going on for decades, they are going to be dragging a whole bunch of sectors into their new way (old really) of perceiving things. 

Nouseforaname
9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

@Nouseforaname

The multipolar world is being born.

Russia's top banks have started lending out yuan and transferring China's currency outside the SWIFT system

Russia is done with Western banking. Along with that, due to an enhanced recognition of what is and has been going on for decades, they are going to be dragging a whole bunch of sectors into their new way (old really) of perceiving things. 

For banking and money transfer systems  to last they need confidence and stability.  I’ve seen this script before.  

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

For banking and money transfer systems  to last they need confidence and stability.  I’ve seen this script before.  

Agreed. However, with the West stepping on rakes every time they turnaround, the script may have flipped.

• Like 1

The idiots in Washington never really grasped the concept that if you overuse financial/banking sanctions, other nations will adapt.

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I might argue that due to most other currencies in the West being weak, that we are experiencing being the back stop at present. With the sanctions killing our proxies, it is directly affecting their currency, the Euro.

This is not over by a long shot. In fact, I would say that the show is just getting started.