Top Posters In This Topic

• Foxx

• Cinga

• Billsfan1959

• ABR

12 hours ago, Cinga said:

FOR THE RECORD!

The Buffalo Bills record in AFL/AFC Championship Games is 6 - 1

That loss? 1966 to the Kansas City Chiefs for the right to go to the first Super Bowl 

Time to fix that!

9 hours ago, devnull said:

Boomer Esiason may disagree

9 hours ago, devnull said:

So you’re saying The Bills have to beat BOTH Cincy AND the Chiefs to make it right?

Why, that just doesn’t sound fair at all. 

13 hours ago, devnull said:

That game has stuck in my head as this current team starts to move deeper into the playoffs. I think Kelly had three picks in that game, including an end zone pick. It felt like "They're not quite ready to be in the SB, but they're very, very close to being SB contenders."

Today's team seems to have a better focus, and I have a higher rate of optimism going into the AFC Championship game, but since I'm not a player, I'm also pretty content right now. I've gone from "Humble and Hungry" to "Humble and, Y'know, I kinda feel satisfied right now and don't HAVE to eat those last two wings."

15 hours ago, devnull said:

Boomer Esiason may disagree

15 hours ago, devnull said:

6 hours ago, Nanker said:

So you’re saying The Bills have to beat BOTH Cincy AND the Chiefs to make it right?

Why, that just doesn’t sound fair at all. 

Okay, mental block on the Bengals game I guess.... so we have a 6 - 2 record then, but still much better than Reid's 2 - 6 record... 

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

That game has stuck in my head as this current team starts to move deeper into the playoffs. I think Kelly had three picks in that game, including an end zone pick. It felt like "They're not quite ready to be in the SB, but they're very, very close to being SB contenders."

Today's team seems to have a better focus, and I have a higher rate of optimism going into the AFC Championship game, but since I'm not a player, I'm also pretty content right now. I've gone from "Humble and Hungry" to "Humble and, Y'know, I kinda feel satisfied right now and don't HAVE to eat those last two wings."

What can you say, the Bills just played Icky that day.

From the time we beat Pittsburgh and clinched the Division title, I have been having a hard time seeing this team advance and advance and advance -- until they're doing it and keep proving to me that they're better than I give them credit for being.  Now, I'm just doing my best to enjoy the ride. 

I've never looked at the Bills from another team's fan's perspective.  Never tried to see what makes us a scary matchup.  I don't see it.

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

From the time we beat Pittsburgh and clinched the Division title, I have been having a hard time seeing this team advance and advance and advance -- until they're doing it and keep proving to me that they're better than I give them credit for being.  Now, I'm just doing my best to enjoy the ride. 

I've never looked at the Bills from another team's fan's perspective.  Never tried to see what makes us a scary matchup.  I don't see it.

Easy to Guess Bills Will Remain Tough to Predict - Bills ...

3 hours ago, snafu said:

I get what you’re saying. I’m enjoying the ride too, and remain hopeful they’ll win their remaining games. 

I heard Al Michael’s give a really cheap shot to The Bills and Buffalo twice in the Broadcast. The first is when Bass slightly hooked the ball to the left. He chuckled and said something like, wide left instead of wide right. Thanks you DICK. He said, “sorry Buffalo” but he wasn’t sorry at all. Later he and the Chipmunk Squirrel hybrid kept bringing up the Crows exemplary record in the playoffs and threw shade at The Bills. And it was all predicated on the fact that The Bills have never won it all. 

That’s how it is and will be until they kick the damn door down and go all the way. There will be doubters to infinity until they cross the finish line in first place. Much of the pundit base are just doubting Thomases and only bringing home multiple Lombardis will make them shut their pie holes. 

Looking back at the 90's SB teams, the '91 bills had an awesome 13-3 season but got destroyed by the Redskins in the SB.  That Redskins team IMO doesn't get the credit it deserves historically.  They might be one of the best of all times going 14-2 while scoring 485 points and only giving up 224 during the season and their division had 4 teams at 8-8 or better that year.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1991/index.htm

The 1994 AFCCG wasn't as close as the score indicated - 4TDs and 4FGs.   Marv did not go for 3 4th down tries of less than a yard inside the 10, even though Bills were killing them on the ground.

54 minutes ago, GG1 said:

The 1994 AFCCG wasn't as close as the score indicated - 4TDs and 4FGs.   Marv did not go for 3 4th down tries of less than a yard inside the 10, even though Bills were killing them on the ground.

It was utter physical domination, to the point where Derrick Thomas was benched for a good portion of the game.  Thomas was the Chiefs' best defensive player and probably the second best pass rusher in the NFL.

Montana's lack of arm strength was on full display that day.  I think at one point he was 3 of 14, with most of the throws sailing way off target in the wind.  Dave Kraig didn't play great but he was a big step up from Montana that day.

On 1/17/2021 at 12:13 AM, KD in CA said:

I'll give you one guess which of the 12 games I was at.   :classic_mellow:

I've been to half of the playoff games for the Bills in the last 20 years.  They lost both😬