Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots Week 13 game preview

ABR

24 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Yeah, quote Collinsworth.  That'll win your argument every time.

Meh.  

Collinsworth is a talking bobblehead for sure.  The fact that he tweeted is just a fact, though.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aloyouis

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• ABR

• Core Four

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

Could be either...or both.  I am a proud M@$$h@l& living in the great midwest.

I have no idea what FNG is.

We have a Pats fan from Alaska on the planet as well.  

FNG = "&#%$ing new guy."

You know, I have a nice Patriots "International sign for choking" graphic I made after the Patriots "undefeated" [sic] season that I was going to share with you.  But sadly, that epic Superbowl XLII choke was superseded by a wide margin by the goddamned Falcons Superbowl choke job, so it's no longer relevant.

But still...remember your undefeated season?  Yeah, neither does anyone else.

10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

FNG = "&#%$ing new guy."

You know, I have a nice Patriots "International sign for choking" graphic I made after the Patriots "undefeated" [sic] season that I was going to share with you.  But sadly, that epic Superbowl XLII choke was superseded by a wide margin by the goddamned Falcons Superbowl choke job, so it's no longer relevant.

But still...remember your undefeated season?  Yeah, neither does anyone else.

28-3 baby!!!!

Infamy!!!  LOL.

Sometimes the genius of Belichick is to simply get out of the way and let the rest of the league be stupid.  

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

28-3 baby!!!!

Infamy!!!  LOL.

Sometimes the genius of Belichick is to simply get out of the way and let the rest of the league be stupid.  

I like the fact that you appreciate trash talk for its own sake, and don't take it personally.  You're less of a raging M@$$h@l& than most.

Still not going to do you the compliment of calling you an idiot, though.

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I like the fact that you appreciate trash talk for its own sake, and don't take it personally.  You're less of a raging M@$$h@l& than most.

Still not going to do you the compliment of calling you an idiot, though.

This place is cool.  Read a little bit on that 2 Bills (Stadium Wall?) place and didn't sign up.  Bunch of tools.  We have one of those sites too: Patsfans.com.  Don't go there.  If they are not hating on the opposition with no logic they are hating on the Pats after a win - WITH NO LOGIC.  

This place is similar to Patriotsplanet as I mentioned before.  Reasoned fans that can see beyond the hate, but that are passionate about their team at the same time.  

2 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

This place is cool.  Read a little bit on that 2 Bills (Stadium Wall?) place and didn't sign up.  Bunch of tools.  We have one of those sites too: Patsfans.com.  Don't go there.  If they are not hating on the opposition with no logic they are hating on the Pats after a win - WITH NO LOGIC.  

This place is similar to Patriotsplanet as I mentioned before.  Reasoned fans that can see beyond the hate, but that are passionate about their team at the same time.  

Good to have you around. We call the place you mentioned above ATOP. Everyone that has migrated over here is incredible. We love our mods.

2 hours ago, Aloyouis said:

Did the Patriots just get a ridiculously lucky break with Mac Jones?  Yup. The question is:  How did the rest of the league let it happen?  How could the scouting be so wrong? The 49ers spent, what, 3 first round draft picks to get Lance?  They moved up TWICE to get to #3 and made a mind boggling stupid decision.  Word on the street is that they moved up the second time to take Jones, but were convinced to take the "athlete" instead in the weeks before the draft.  Denver needed a QB and passed.  ATL with an aging Ryan passed.  Detroit (my adopted hometown) stayed with Goff if you can believe it.  PHI passed and CHI took Fields.  The Jets had TWO chances to pick Mac before the Pats and went with Wilson who is already a major bust.

Yes, the Patriots were immensely lucky that the rest of the league can be stupid.

WRT the upcoming years, I think the games between our teams will be great.  Both are on an upward trend and battles will be epic.

Hopefully starting with this Monday!

It's cool that you're high on your boy. He's looked pretty solid so far. That said, I'm still waiting to see if he's more Cassel or Brady.

Btw. Way too early to call Wilson a bust, though It's gonna be tough for him with his surroundings.

9 minutes ago, LB3 said:

It's cool that you're high on your boy. He's looked pretty solid so far. That said, I'm still waiting to see if he's more Cassel or Brady.

Btw. Way too early to call Wilson a bust, though It's gonna be tough for him with his surroundings.

I'd take Brady+Cassel / 2 any day.  That would still be a very good to almost great QB.

I have watched Wilson a couple of times and the kid is shellshocked already.  Being a bust has as much to do with the Jets organization as it does with him, IMO.   The Bills figured it out and brought Josh along.  I just don't see the Jets doing that this time.  Long line of this kind of organizational failure over there.

Beer__League__Hockey

QB success in the NFL is really a product of the franchise & org structure more than anything else.  If the wrong Josh goes to the Jets, Cards or Browns, I doubt he gets an honest shot to develop like he had here.  If he was drafted by the Ravens - maybe?  They had Flacco, and Josh might not get the Lamar treatment there.  He would probably get groomed to look/play like Flacco.  But who knows.

I'd say Mac Jones will be given the resources to flourish, and he will be a solid starter for years - but he will ultimately leave a franchise asking for more.  Sort of like a Cousins/Garoppalo.

Beer__League__Hockey
58 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

Awesome post..  Not often I laugh out loud for real at a post, but that crafty pick 6 line did it.  

Nice mix of sarcasm and knowledge.  Mac will get his balls washed on Monday pre-game for sure.  It will continue until he has a disastrous 3 pick game that the Pats lose.   I kinda want it to stop on it's own before then TBH.

Sorry aboot the sarcasm, being a Bills fan that has sat thru every type of Pats primetime loss (from 56-10, to the Bruschi superman game, to McKelvin pooping his pants) sort of scars you.  I appreciate you can take a bit of ribbing.

Mac will come down to earth someday, I just hope it is before Hoodie's #7 SB win.  Like next Monday would work.

47 minutes ago, Aloyouis said:

Isn't this absolutely the truth.  It's amazing how dumb, or at least naive, many coaches are.  They all too often seem to have a blind spot for their scheme.

15 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Not last week, It looked like the mortar was crumbling a bit.
Here's hoping the Jersey boy recovers this week and Brown is back and has a good game as well.

Yeah, when I read that line quoting PFF, I had to scratch my head.  This is Dawkins' worst season as the Bills LT.  Not sure if Covid is still the problem or Dawkins just has a lack of focus.  If it is the former, it's week 13...how much longer does this last?  If it's the later, that is enormously disappointing given how he is paid.  BTW, isn't PFF rankings subjective, or am I thinking of another site?

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

the Bruschi superman game

That &#%$ing game.  How many "hits" did he successfully survive?

Beer__League__Hockey
1 minute ago, Core Four said:

Yeah, when I read that line quoting PFF, I had to scratch my head.  This is Dawkins' worst season as the Bills LT.  Not sure if Covid is still the problem or Dawkins just has a lack of focus.  If it is the former, it's week 13...how much longer does this last?  If it's the later, that is enormously disappointing given how he is paid.  BTW, isn't PFF rankings subjective, or am I thinking of another site?

I've never been a fan of Dejion, but in years past he's been invisible - which is what you want.  This year is tough, hopefully he pulls it together.

6 minutes ago, Beer__League__Hockey said:

I've never been a fan of Dejion, but in years past he's been invisible - which is what you want.  This year is tough, hopefully he pulls it together.

Agreed.  If a LT in the draft is available, Dawkins might be better at LG, which is what he was graded to be.  Doyle *may* eventually be that guy, but he's a ways off from starting.

8 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Agreed.  If a LT in the draft is available, Dawkins might be better at LG, which is what he was graded to be.  Doyle *may* eventually be that guy, but he's a ways off from starting.

Not a year for me to follow college football so I ask is there any prospects for LT or Center that most likely be a 15-30 selection next spring in the draft?

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 minutes ago, Core Four said:

He was hospitalized for COVID in the last week of July, dropped 12 pounds, was practicing by mid-August, and played the opener less than 2 months later.

I'd give long odds he's still suffering after-effects from having COVID, just for not having enough rest and recovery time.