Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

General Game Day Thread Week 1 (2022)

Ann

The Bills are not playing again until Monday Night Football. That doesn't mean we aren't watching football! This is a general thread for comments and complaints about the games you are watching this weekend. 

foot.thumb.jpg.7bd3b1c5b39353957c144b2d7009da93.jpg

Here is the viewing map for week 1 to see what is available in your area. 

Here is how to use CBS/Paramount+ if you would like to view an out of area game.

There is also dish. I don't care what anyone says, I cannot wait until next year when there will be a streaming choice available. 

• Cheers 1
  • Love 1

I don't mind admitting, I was freaking JONESING for more football when I woke up Friday morning, and having to wait until Sunday was like spending the night with the girl of your dreams and dropping her at the airport the next morning for a 4-day business trip.

Can't speak for the rest of you, but I lock on football on Sundays, and I'm kind of looking forward to two consecutive Sundays of just watching football without the Bills playing.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I don't mind admitting, I was freaking JONESING for more football when I woke up Friday morning, and having to wait until Sunday was like spending the night with the girl of your dreams and dropping her at the airport the next morning for a 4-day business trip.

Can't speak for the rest of you, but I lock on football on Sundays, and I'm kind of looking forward to two consecutive Sundays of just watching football without the Bills playing.

Same. Chilling out and watching some football objectively is a good change of pace from the “i cant miss a single snap of a Bills game so i have to hold my pee until a commercial break” kind of stress

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

There's some interesting matchups Sunday.

Then there's what I get: Ravens-Jets and Jags-Commodes.

If the Jets crash because the Ravens fly into an engine, is that a tie or do the Birds posthumously win?

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

If you've ever bothered to watch the relatively simplistic but entertaining movie "Tin Cup," you know Kevin Costner's character is antagonized by Don Johnson's character, right up to The Masters competition. At one point Costner realizes Johnson isn't really the one he needs to keep an eye on, and there is a brief scene where he looks across the fairway, and he and his actual competition nod at each other, understanding who they'll be up against rolling into the 18th hole.

Not one to be stupid enough to believe my NFL predictions, but while all eyes will be on Mahomes (I'm told it's why we drafted Rousseau), I'll be looking across the fairway at Justin Herbert. He strikes me as the one we'll be dealing with more often than not over over the next 8-10 years.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

If you've ever bothered to watch the relatively simplistic but entertaining movie "Tin Cup," you know Kevin Costner's character is antagonized by Don Johnson's character, right up to The Masters competition. At one point Costner realizes Johnson isn't really the one he needs to keep an eye on, and there is a brief scene where he looks across the fairway, and he and his actual competition nod at each other, understanding who they'll be up against rolling into the 18th hole.

Not one to be stupid enough to believe my NFL predictions, but while all eyes will be on Mahomes (I'm told it's why we drafted Rousseau), I'll be looking across the fairway at Justin Herbert. He strikes me as the one we'll be dealing with more often than not over over the next 8-10 years.

Herbert is already a good QB. I think you're right, he is going to be a great QB. Better than Mahomes, I dunno. There is so much QB talent in the AFC right now, it is ridiculous.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Herbert is already a good QB. I think you're right, he is going to be a great QB. Better than Mahomes, I dunno. there is so much QB talent in the AFC right now, it is ridiculous.

I remember watching Herbert as a rookie, looking at my husband and saying, "This kid has it." 

Better than Mahomes? I don't know about that either. But Herbert is gonna be a great one. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Ann said:

I remember watching Herbert as a rookie, looking at my husband and saying, "This kid has it." 

Better than Mahomes? I don't know about that either. But Herbert is gonna be a great one. 

Well, I didn't look at my husband but I too knew after his first year. 😉

• Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Well, I didn't look at my husband but I too knew after his first year. 😉

I watched his first game and was like "Nice pick, Fish."  :lol:

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Herbert is already a good QB. I think you're right, he is going to be a great QB. Better than Mahomes, I dunno. There is so much QB talent in the AFC right now, it is ridiculous.

The rules really benefit QBs, especially the smaller and less athletic guys who would get worn down quickly from all the hits they used to take.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1