Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

General Game Day Thread Week 1 (2022)

Ann

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

Welcome to the NFL, Trey Lance.

Looking forward to seeing this game if the weather is wet like that; couple of running QBs on the field when maybe you need to run.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Looking forward to seeing this game if the weather is wet like that; couple of running QBs on the field when maybe you need to run.

Gonna be some turnovers in the Windy City today.

15 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The rules really benefit QBs, especially the smaller and less athletic guys who would get worn down quickly from all the hits they used to take.

I get protecting the QB, but with pretty much anything the NFL does, the QB rules are a little over the top.  It's still tackle football.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Welcome to the NFL, Trey Lance.

I don't know if it is supposed to rain all day there but we are supposed to get drenched today. I hope my oil deck stain is dry enough...

3 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I get protecting the QB, but with pretty much anything the NFL does, the QB rules are a little over the top.  It's still tackle football.

It's the biggest reason I hate the "Brady is the GOAT" talk.  He wouldn't have lasted 3 seasons in the 70s. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

1 minute ago, Core Four said:

It is but unfortunately, as with most things in society today, money drives a good portion of the decision making. They don't want their golden gooses killed.

To a large degree, and not to say that I agree with the underlying basis for the decisions, I think the game today is as exciting as it has ever been.

2 minutes ago, Core Four said:

One of the talking heads this week said QBs who get their number called to run are going to be treated like a RB by the officiating crews and it will be one of those 'points of emphasis' during the first few weeks.

• Applause 1

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

One of the talking heads this week said QBs who get their number called to run are going to be treated like a RB by the officiating crews and it will be one of those 'points of emphasis' during the first few weeks.

Fine with me. Hopefully we don’t see Josh running in the 4th quarter up by 21 ever again though. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's the biggest reason I hate the "Brady is the GOAT" talk.  He wouldn't have lasted 3 seasons in the 70s. 

Same goes for 80's and a majority of the 90's; those guys took beatings.  A few (at the least) of these rules came about because of Brady.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

Fine with me. Hopefully we don’t see Josh running in the 4th quarter up by 21 ever again though. 

People are just going to have to accept that JA17 is who he is and live with the possible consequences.  I'm quite sure that pretty much everyone in a position to say something to him has done so.  Dude just wants to win.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I think that 4th quarter run was on Josh.  I can't imagine Dorsey calling for that; I'd think he told Josh to stop doing these unnecessary runs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

People are just going to have to accept that JA17 is who he is and live with the possible consequences.  I'm quite sure that pretty much everyone in a position to say something to him has done so.  Dude just wants to win.

I get it. But i also understand that playing Russian roulette isn’t a solid strategy to live a long life. There is no upside to that 4th quarter run.. and i like to think that Josh is smart enough to understand that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I get it. But i also understand that playing Russian roulette isn’t a solid strategy to live a long life. There is no upside to that 4th quarter run.. and i like to think that Josh is smart enough to understand that.

Yeah, we're not on different pages.  I've just learned to deal with it because he's clearly just going to live in the moment, which honestly is one of the things that makes him the &#%$ing football super hero he is.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

A-friggin'-men.

And it's part of the reason Allen running while up by 21 in the 4th is sooooo frustrating.  If he finally learns to pick his spots, he could have a 20+ year career.  He's big enough that he could've had Elwayesque longevity in the old days.  Take advantage of the new rules and have 21st century top QB longevity.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1