Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

General Game Day Thread Week 1 (2022)

Ann

Steelers v. Bengals is on NFL Network. I watched this on the Mix Channel with a few other game on the screen, so I didn't watch it on its own. 

Two things; first, I grew up watching football being played on three TV channels. You got what you got.  The fact that I can, on Tuesday, watch a replay of a game from Sunday on my home TV is something I take for granted and I need to really appreciate what we have today. I look forward to the day when the NFL realizes I'll watch re-runs of Brent Munsberger with Phyllis George and Jimmy the Greek, or re-runs of the greatest MNF games called by Meredith, Cosell and Gifford. Hell, I'd spend at least a few nights watching nothing but Cosell doing halftime updates.

Also, I was initially interested in this game because I'm a big enough homer to root for Trubisky. It's stupid, but if he's successful this year, it shines another light on the McBeane machine. Trubisky was a good soldier and chose to try and learn what he can do better while trying to help the QB room. He is easy to root for.

But then I remembered that I think Burrow is a phucking  Cam  Newton wannabe entitled little punk, and I'm actually here to watch him shit the bed after losing the SB.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Steelers v. Bengals is on NFL Network. I watched this on the Mix Channel with a few other game on the screen, so I didn't watch it on it's own. 

Two things; first, I grew up watching football being played on three TV channels. You got what you got.  The fact that I can, on Tuesday, watch a replay of a game from Sunday on my home TV is something I take for granted and I need to really appreciate what we have today. I look forward to the day when the NFL realizes I'll watch re-runs of Brent Munsberger with Phyllis George and Jimmy the Greek, or re-runs of the greatest MNF games called by Meredith, Cosell and Gifford. Hell, I'd spend at least a few nights watching nothing but Cosell doing halftime updates.

Also, I was initially interested in this game because I'm a big enough homer to root for Trubisky. It's stupid, but if he's successful this year, it shines another light on the McBeane machine. Trubisky was a good soldier and chose to try and learn what he can do better while trying to help the QB room. He is easy to root for.

But then I remembered that I think Burrow is a phucking  Cam  Newton wannabe entitled little punk, and I'm actually here to watch him shit the bed after losing the SB.

You sir, are my spirit animal. 

Well, you and Ron Swanson.

• Like 2

I think you could easily argue that Joe Burrow has more to learn about pocket presence.

You could easily argue Burrow maybe doesn't think he has anything else to learn; he knows what he needs to know to be a successful quarterback, even though he doesn't.

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Steelers v. Bengals is on NFL Network. I watched this on the Mix Channel with a few other game on the screen, so I didn't watch it on its own. 

If you take away just one thing from Burrow's performance Sunday, it's that apparently the appendix is very important to quarterbacking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1