Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

General Game Day Thread Week 3 (2022)

BillsFans

I genuinely hope this is not true. I will forever remember Marv Levy explaining that if you start running the team the way the fans want, you'll soon be sitting with them.

• Angry 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I genuinely hope this is not true. I will forever remember Marv Levy explaining that if you start running the team the way the fans want, you'll soon be sitting with them.

Benching Trubisky for Pickett is not going to fix the Steelers' problems.  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Benching Trubisky for Pickett is not going to fix the Steelers' problems.  :classic_laugh:

Well, it might.  Has Trubisky ever played DE?

• Haha 1

This is a REEEAAAALLY dull game.  Another in a long line of bad Thursday night games.  Technically it's good because it's competitive.  But holy cow is it dull.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

This is a REEEAAAALLY dull game.  Another in a long line of bad Thursday night games.  Technically it's good because it's competitive.  But holy cow is it dull.

I only stuck with it to see if Chubb got a hundred and/or a TD.  Check, check.

Crap Throwing Clavin

I keep looking at the score and saying "How in the hell have these teams combined for 37?"  I feel like the score of this game should be something like 6-3, as dull as it is.

I love games like this. Yeah, it was paint drying to an extent, but one turnover turns the story, and disciplined football wins the day, and then I'm rooting for Trubisky and then I'm rooting for Cleveland to lose since their fans are busy explaining that there was nothing really wrong with what Watson did, and that is more entertaining than 90% of the shit on TV otherwise.

5 hours ago, Ann said:

Maybe, maybe not

It'll be unfortunate when we find out the Bills gave Trubisky a shot at redemption last year, giving him the chance to go to the Steelers, only to have them put him back on the bench in two weeks. 

Feel free to correct me on this, but they avoided Garrett last night by constantly rolling Trubisky away from Garrett because there was no Clowney. He won't have that luxury vs. Buffalo, assuming a healthy exit from Fishville. 

33 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It'll be unfortunate when we find out the Bills gave Trubisky a shot at redemption last year, giving him the chance to go to the Steelers, only to have them put him back on the bench in two weeks. 

Feel free to correct me on this, but they avoided Garrett last night by constantly rolling Trubisky away from Garrett because there was no Clowney. He won't have that luxury vs. Buffalo, assuming a healthy exit from Fishville. 

The Steelers' offensive line is still so bad.  They just refuse to put resources into it.

I think Mitch could be an NFL QB but he needed to chose his destination more wisely than he did.  Pittsburgh just can't get out of their own way - he basically chose Bears 2.0.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The Steelers' offensive line is still so bad.  They just refuse to put resources into it.

I think Mitch could be an NFL QB but he needed to chose his destination more wisely than he did.  Pittsburgh just can't get out of their own way - he basically chose Bears 2.0.

Yeah, Rapistberger put a whole lot of lipstick on that pig.  Now that he's gone & Watt is injured as it was written it shall ever be, it's a lot harder to hide the flaws.

30 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yeah, Rapistberger put a whole lot of lipstick on that pig.  Now that he's gone & Watt is injured as it was written it shall ever be, it's a lot harder to hide the flaws.

While I don't often believe the loss of a single player can make or break a team, you can see how the Steelers miss TJ Watt. No way they lose to the Pats* last week, and no way Brissett has that kind of time with Watt on the field last night.

Other than Watt, the only time in recent memory where the loss of a single player screwed a team -- in my eyes -- was when Fail Murray lost DeAndre Hopkins last year.

• Like 3