Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills @ Miami Dolphins: Week 3 Game Week Thread

Ann

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/21/xavien-howard-misses-practice-with-groin-injury/

Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard missed practice Wednesday with a groin injury. That’s not good news for the Dolphins four days before they play the Bills’ high-flying offense.

Howard missed a game last season with a groin injury.

Offensive tackle Terron Armstead, who played Sunday despite a toe injury, did not practice Wednesday with his injury.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/21/xavien-howard-misses-practice-with-groin-injury/

Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard missed practice Wednesday with a groin injury. That’s not good news for the Dolphins four days before they play the Bills’ high-flying offense.

Howard missed a game last season with a groin injury.

Offensive tackle Terron Armstead, who played Sunday despite a toe injury, did not practice Wednesday with his injury.

injured or scared?

• Haha 1

Maybe I’m sniffing too many Bills colored markers, but I fully expect the bills to slap the crap out of the Phins and all the media ululating about them after they played one quarter of good football against a team that checked out entirely. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Ann said:

This is a make or break year for Tua. Fish fans are hoping Hill will do for him what Diggs did for Allen - give him great WR play he can count on. We shall see, but Tyreek Hill has been a Bills slayer in the past. :classic_sad:

7 catches on 11 targets for 41 yards and 0 TD’s. 2 rushes for 13 yards and 0 TD’s. 

^ Tyreek Hill’s statistical output against the Sean McDermott coached bills when someone other than Patrick Mahomes is throwing to him. 

Now, I’m not saying it’s the same situation, but let’s not remove the biggest variable and assume the equation rings true. 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

7 catches on 11 targets for 41 yards and 0 TD’s. 2 rushes for 13 yards and 0 TD’s. 

^ Tyreek Hill’s statistical output against the Sean McDermott coached bills when someone other than Patrick Mahomes is throwing to him. 

Now, I’m not saying it’s the same situation, but let’s not remove the biggest variable and assume the equation rings true. 

But Tua's better than Mahomes!  [/Tyreek Hill :classic_laugh:]

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I agree with him that personnel-wise it's a problem for us...but he lost me when he said "a really good Baltimore defense".  The Ravens were terrible on defense last season and the early returns behind their new DC are not good.

The concept that the Ravens are a great defense is 100% a media creation based on the assumption that players can return from injury without any regression and that you can swap a brilliant defensive mind whose been there forever for one of his disciples and all will continue without hitch. 

Anyone who watched the Dolphins comeback and walked away saying “wow, the Ravens defense is doing everything right to shut down this offense and Tua is just willing them to victory” should get a ct scan and apply for disability. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 1

7 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I spent a lot of time worrying about how bad things would be without Davis, Oliver and Settle.

Not gonna waste that kind of time again this week.

I'm worried.  Bills D will be missing a bunch on Sunday.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Bills D will be missing a bunch on Sunday.  

Actually, you don't know that. You *think* you know it. But you don't.

And even if you DID know it, I also KNEW without question that not having Davis, Settle and Oliver meant the Bills would be lucky to squeak by King Henry and the Titans. And I was certain of it right up to the moment they won 41-7 and rested everyone in the third freaking quarter.

Don't waste your time worrying about shit you don't know. This team is built different because it's been together longer than most.

Enjoy the game.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Excellent point.  Tua is no Mahomes regardless of what I am reading on finheaven.

• Like 3