Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Do you have any OCD type habits?

plenzmd1

Was thinking about this the other day. I have two

1) I have to spit before I pee..no matter if i am at home, at the Ralph, in the woods, off my deck., in a bar.. just a small little spit like i am dippin, but i cannot go if i don't do that first. 

2) I have to brush my teeth when i get out of the shower. I don't care if i brushed them right before i took the shower, i have to brush them again when i get out.

I have plenty of bad habits..but those are my OCD type ones

If I leave my place, I check the door to make sure it's locked securely. Turn the knob and push. Three times. Every single time.

I also can't knowingly listen to the TV volume on an odd number decibel. If I notice the volume is at 25, I will check to see whether 24 or 26 is better.

There are more.:help:

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, LB3 said:

If I leave my place, I check the door to make sure it's locked securely. Turn the knob and push. Three times. Every single time.

I also can't knowingly listen to the TV volume on an odd number decibel. If I notice the volume is at 25, I will check to see whether 24 or 26 is better.

the volume one is funny!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I used to do that in my last car.  But it was multiples of 3.  My kids even knew not to leave the volume on anything else.

The car I drive now doesn't have "numbered" volume, so I was broke of that one.

I'll bet I have a ton of these but never notice. I don't really want to explore these because once I notice them I will drive myself nuts.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, snafu said:

I used to do that in my last car.  But it was multiples of 3.  My kids even knew not to leave the volume on anything else.

The car I drive now doesn't have "numbered" volume, so I was broke of that one.

I'll bet I have a ton of these but never notice. I don't really want to explore these because once I notice them I will drive myself nuts.

I'm actively trying to stop thinking about all the weird shit I do.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, LB3 said:

Same on the volume, but for me it has to be a multiple of 4.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The man who lives next door to me is a psychiatrist. He told me years ago that, generally speaking, men prefer even numbers, women prefer odd numbers.

🤷‍♀️

I was like Adrian Monk when I was a kid.  Pointed out dust on window sills in classrooms to the teacher.  Square up books on shelves so all were the same distance from the edge of the shelf.  Paranoid about utensils and dishes in the cafeteria.  Would not touch other kids' clothes.  Stained clothing period would freak me out if I thought it was from an organic source such as pooh.  I too have a predisposition towards even numbers.  If I could watch a given show on an even number channel versus on odd I would do so.  Most of that gave way when I started to date girls.  As an adult nearly everything I own has to have a predetermined location in the house or on the property.  I just fixed posted signs recently and had to make sure all were perfectly square to the post.  I did use scrap plywood for the backing in quadrilateral configuration versus being perfectly square so demerits to me for that.  For the most part I am fairly analytical and people have commented on that.  I don't know if that comes with the territory.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ann said:

The man who lives next door to me is a psychiatrist. He told me years ago that, generally speaking, men prefer even numbers, women prefer odd numbers.

🤷‍♀️

Bob Hartley?

I have the volume thing too, it has to be an even number OR a multiple of 25 is also acceptable. 

My closet is organized by garment type, followed by color. So for example polos will be in one section but arranged starting with white and going from light to dark. I told my wife I’d rather hang shirts for the rest of my life than have her mess up the system. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When leaving for the airport, I would have to pull over and make sure I had my tickets in my carry on bag. Don't know I still have that as I haven't flown since 2014.

leh-nerd skin-erd
On 10/27/2020 at 6:14 PM, Ann said:

🤷‍♀️

Look, there’s a pretty good joke here but I’m going to keep moving because it’s an election year and people are hurting. I will only say I worked it in my out in my head and your neighbor was correct.  And, most probably, a swinger.  

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Look, there’s a pretty good joke here but I’m going to keep moving because it’s an election year and people are hurting. I will only say I worked it in my out in my head and your neighbor was correct.  And, most probably, a swinger.  

hmm, not quire following. But have a feeling has something to do with an old joke

What is the fastest speed one can have sex ?

68..cause any faster and ya have to turn around!