Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Walking Wounded: (Official BILLS' Injury Status Thread)

Alaska Darin

On 9/28/2022 at 8:54 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The Bills are so snake-bitten this month with injuries, I'm surprised no one's on the report with an actual snake bite.

Give them time.

• Sad 1

'Unreal': Bills Coach Sean McDermott Details Season-Ending Injury (msn.com)

"We get done with the game and you know, I knew that he had had a knee injury or a leg injury," McDermott said. "I go back on the plane on the way home just to check on the guys and I said 'Tommy, how you doing?' he's like, 'Ah, I'm fine, it's nothing.' And then next morning, I get the communication from our training staff that has a torn ACL and he's out for the season."

• Sad 1
  • Wow 2

Alaska Darin
7 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

After the bye...I'm shocked. 

That was realistic anyway.  Football isn't really a sport where you show up Tuesday and play Sunday after missing basically the entire offseason.  As I've said a couple times already...I pretty much expect the same situation for TW27 when he comes off IR.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Wow

They sign Murray...he's hurt.

They sign Rhodes...he's hurt.

If this is the way the season's going to go, I've got a list of people I'd like them to sign.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That was realistic anyway.  Football isn't really a sport where you show up Tuesday and play Sunday after missing basically the entire offseason.  As I've said a couple times already...I pretty much expect the same situation for TW27 when he comes off IR.

I said in another thread I expected XR to be back after the  bye week. 

I am expecting Jordan Phillips to return then as well.

Hamstring injuries linger.

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Except he was taking mental reps all off season. That shortens his time. 

1 hour ago, Ann said:
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I just dont think he is all that great. Hate to see the injury but he should be last in line. 

8 hours ago, Ann said:
8 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

On the one hand, Crowder has the reputation for being frequently injured. On the other hand, the Bills have experienced an unbelievable slew of injuries. Not exactly a shock that Crowder is among those hurt.

• Like 1

Sheesh.

While I feel bad for Crowder, he does have a history of being injured. I am also excited to see Shakir get his chance. The dude reminds me of Beasely in a lot of ways, he just seems to know where soft spots are, creates separation and can juke for the extra yardage when desperately needed.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

While I feel bad for Crowder, he does have a history of being injured. I am also excited to see Shakir get his chance. The dude reminds me of Beasely in a lot of ways, he just seems to know where soft spots are, creates separation and can juke for the extra yardage when desperately needed.

Shakir played well and reminds me of Davis in that he was somewhat a sleeper in the draft based on where they were picked. Both of them seem to work hard at their craft.
Next man up, I believe, is Isaiah Hodgins. He doesn't get a lot of separation but may be ok on intermediate routes. Also have to see if he can stay healthy.

Alaska Darin
17 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I don't know what that means.  The biggest part about coming back from injury is mental confidence to trust the body part you injured.  The football piece is already there.

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I've been taking mental reps since I was 20.  Put me in, coach.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Sheesh.

I don’t like losing a vet (Especially since he was so solid at PR) but I do think Shakir adds some upside to the offense that Crowder just didn’t have.

Obviously the variance with a rookie is larger, but everything I’ve heard about Shakir even before we drafted him (he’s been a draft crush of mine since last fall) was that he’s all business and a super smart dude.

• Like 4