Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Halloween Candy Distribution

Ann

Is trick or treating happening in your area on Saturday? Door-to-door or trunk or treat? If you are participating, what are you giving out?

halloween-candy.jpg

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Is trick or treating happening in your area on Saturday? Door-to-door or trunk or treat? If you are participating, what are you giving out?

halloween-candy.jpg

Mostly older people around here so we don't see any trick or treaters. 

• Like 1

We are going to the granddaughters  

temp will be in the mid 30s 

Stoughton Massachusetts 

handing out little candy bars outside at a table.  
as we see the kids come up the driveway we will put cans at far end of table.  

Edited by mead107
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Mostly older people around here so we don't see any trick or treaters. 

When we first moved to our house, there were two kids under 18 on our street. We would get two, four, sometimes 10 trick or treaters.

The street (subdivision) has turned over, and now there are many kids! I now count on getting 50-75 little ghosts and goblins. And, it is is a fair distance between houses. The last two years we have seen the parents in cars watching (sometimes driving) the kids instead of going door-to-door with them.

Needless to say, we don’t give out mini candies. These kids have to work for their treats. The last few years I gave out Platters chocolate suckers. This year I got them at Fowler’s. The bonus is if they aren’t given out, we will not mind eating them!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LB3 said:

I plan on taking handfuls of candy and whipping them at the kids as they walk by. Social distancing like a mofo.

Plan adopted at the Lenz Household! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I live on a dead end street in a neighborhood with not many kids. That being said I’m working Halloween and the rest of the household will be at the in-laws. 

Meanwhile at my dad’s house he buys upwards of 1000 pieces of candy every year and usually runs out before curfew. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

I live on a dead end street in a neighborhood with not many kids. That being said I’m working Halloween and the rest of the household will be at the in-laws. 

Meanwhile at my dad’s house he buys upwards of 1000 pieces of candy every year and usually runs out before curfew. 

Thats awesome...be interesting to see what its like this year

• Like 1

Got my first bunch.... a big batch of kids under 5 with parents (dogs, strollers, etc). Not a mask in sight.  The kids were thrilled to be out!

Excuse my French, but Halloween freaking blows this year. We have had maybe 15 kids, in a normal year at least 80 by now. 

Man, I feel for kids, having to deal with adult idiots. What a freaking joke. Wife swears it is because no one wants to be known as “‘the parent that let their kids trick or treat”.  

she follows with thank god our kids in college , the whole neighborhood and school would think you crazier than they do pre Covid!

We had 28 kids this year. I don't know if it was the covid (2 kids in masks, 1 parent in a mask, the rest didn't even have on a Halloween mask!) or the fact that it is freaking freezing out!!!  As I said, we have had between 50-75 the last four-five years, so 28 was down. 

Now to figure out what to do with the leftover chocolate. I'm not certain my normal dumping grounds will take it this year.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 8:26 PM, mead107 said:

We have not had Halloween at our house for 8 years.  Used to get around 75 kids. 

At Daughter’s house we get around 300.  

That one time 8 years ago you went without pants ruined it all huh?

• Haha 1

We spent the weekend at the desert at the vacation/retirement home. It’s only 6:30 but it’s mostly retirees here so don’t know if we’ll get any kids. Bought candy just in case. 

• Like 1