Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are your plans when it’s your time- casket or urn ⚱️

mead107

I want to watch my son building my coffin in the yard where I can see when my time is near. I want to be placed in said coffin and taken by horse and wagon by my family to the town I was born in and buried there. Unenbalmed.

• Like 1

I have no preference, just one request that my kids know about.

They are to have the organist play “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” while everyone leaves the church at the conclusion of the Mass.

• Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

I want to be rigged up like a marionette, made to fall out of my casket during services, and danced around like I’m with Jabbawockees.

Then I want to be tossed in a hole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I'm technically Catholic so will probably not pass up one last opportunity to blow a bunch of money on a casket and burial.

Though the idea of having my ashes dropped over a mountain or ocean is kind of appealing.

• Like 1

Wife and I already bought our funeral plots. The older you get you begin to understand the importance of estate planning and getting your affairs in order.

My father passed in 2004 and my Mother took care of everything. She passed a few years ago and the lessons learned from that helped my sisters cope with her end of life and business affairs. She had made arrangements to be interred next to my Dad at White Haven. 

My MIL lived with us for the last five years of her life and it was an eye opener. We were getting Dr. bills for over a year after she passed. Her wish was to be cremated and her ashes scattered in a park she was fond of outside Albany where she lived most of her life. 

I want a cheap fast funeral. A cardboard casket is just fine with me. Wife feels about the same. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Westside said:

I have a plot with my late wife. Even have the headstone with my name and date of birth. Just waiting to put the end day date on it. 

Sheesh, you'd think that for all you had to spend they could have put that on it too.  Would make planning SOOOOO, SOOOOO, much easier.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Nanker said:

I want a cheap fast funeral. A cardboard casket is just fine with me. Wife feels about the same. 

So what does she want for herself?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

So what does she want for herself?

Probably a hand made black walnut casket made by Sam Maloof. But he died in 2009 so she’ll have to settle for a knockoff. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Probably a hand made black walnut casket made by Sam Maloof. But he died in 2009 so she’ll have to settle for a knockoff. 

Piker.  Have one dug up for her!

And don't forget the bronze...

Exquisite Cemetery Statues

• Cheers 2

Told my wife when I die wheel me out of the hospital, load me in the back of a truck, dig a 6' hole, throw me in it, cover it.

It's legal to do all of that in NC. You can walk right out of a hospital with the corpse. Bury them right in the ground, too.

• Cheers 1

Buried in family plot (my parents bought a few several years back)

I'm not religious or mystical so I don't really care much about the pomp and ceremony.  But I do kinda want them to play In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida after they lower me. 

One final act of Trolling as everyone sits thru the whole 17 minutes :lol:

I'm all-in for cremation. I get spread three places: Inside of the "Current" Bills stadium, Athens OH, and the other 1/3 can go wherever the end-user wants.

I'll hopefully also be able to set up a burner account on "another" site and troll people for awhile through a ghost writer.......

• Cheers 1