Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Eating for health

Fansince88

This is a very overused term yet we do not have a clue what it means. I have for years tried to use vitamins and herbs and minerals to get my BP, Triglycerides,  and Cholesterol in check with no avail. Also as we all do as we age put on the weight. 5'6" and creaped to 205lbs. In the last two years of trying I could not get below 190 no matter what I did.  Just this September I stumbled upon two medical professionals that were talking about Metabolic System cleanse. Dr Mark and Michelle Sherwood, they can be found on youtube at Sherwood TV. I did this cleanse in the beginning of September and am now at 178lbs, 3 pounds from my goal. I have energy I have not had since my 30s.  In the first 4 days of the 15 day cleanse I watched my constantly erratic BP since I got covid 2 years ago level out at an acceptable level and not jump around since. I will be checking my levels the first of the year so stay tuned. The health reset plan linked here is what I did.  https://fmidr.com/plans/

All that said, my reason for this post is to have a place to share our stories. We can live better if we eat better. Im not ralking so much about cutting out certain foods but cleaning out the preservatives and such from out diets. I will say this much. Since this cleanse the cravings for certain things is gone. Those certain things were killing me slowly. 

Finally, I am looking into switching to raw milk as we do have a farm that is licensed in our area and thought I would share this too. https://www.rawmilkinstitute.org/updates/letter-to-medical-professionals-about-raw-milk#:~:text=Numerous scientific studies have shown,gut-healthy probiotics and enzymes.

Have a blessed day! 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 3
  • Love 1

Trying more fruit,  broccoli, beets, Garlic, spinach. Dec 1 I am going to try to stick to better diet.  
 Have doctors appointment Tuesday and she wants me to do another pet scan. To check out lymph nodes.  Had one last year. 

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

We eat very little processed food here. Make mostly everything from scratch which helps to maintain our svelte figures. :classic_laugh:

Actually, the reason for the metabolic cleanse was to flush the organs of waste from preservatives. If anyone wants to know what they are eating get the Yuka app. It would scare you.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Actually, the reason for the metabolic cleanse was to flush the organs of waste from preservatives. If anyone wants to know what they are eating get the Yuka app. It would scare you.

I occasionally fast. To cleanse prior, a 3 day diet of just apples and water does the trick here.

• Like 2

Intermittent fasting and keto with cheat days is how I keep my weight down but I'm 5'10" 190lbs and do strength training with calisthenics and bands. Keep doing what you're doing, great work!

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
On 11/20/2022 at 10:03 AM, Fansince88 said:

This is a very overused term yet we do not have a clue what it means. I have for years tried to use vitamins and herbs and minerals to get my BP, Triglycerides,  and Cholesterol in check with no avail. Also as we all do as we age put on the weight. 5'6" and creaped to 205lbs. In the last two years of trying I could not get below 190 no matter what I did.  Just this September I stumbled upon two medical professionals that were talking about Metabolic System cleanse. Dr Mark and Michelle Sherwood, they can be found on youtube at Sherwood TV. I did this cleanse in the beginning of September and am now at 178lbs, 3 pounds from my goal. I have energy I have not had since my 30s.  In the first 4 days of the 15 day cleanse I watched my constantly erratic BP since I got covid 2 years ago level out at an acceptable level and not jump around since. I will be checking my levels the first of the year so stay tuned. The health reset plan linked here is what I did.  https://fmidr.com/plans/

All that said, my reason for this post is to have a place to share our stories. We can live better if we eat better. Im not ralking so much about cutting out certain foods but cleaning out the preservatives and such from out diets. I will say this much. Since this cleanse the cravings for certain things is gone. Those certain things were killing me slowly. 

Finally, I am looking into switching to raw milk as we do have a farm that is licensed in our area and thought I would share this too. https://www.rawmilkinstitute.org/updates/letter-to-medical-professionals-about-raw-milk#:~:text=Numerous scientific studies have shown,gut-healthy probiotics and enzymes.

Have a blessed day! 

For cholesterol psyllium husk is known to be a good way to keep LDL levels low.

On a personal level I am having a hard time with discipline.  My ideal weight at 6 feet is about 195-200 but I’ve been 230 for quite some time.

5 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

For cholesterol psyllium husk is known to be a good way to keep LDL levels low.

On a personal level I am having a hard time with discipline.  My ideal weight at 6 feet is about 195-200 but I’ve been 230 for quite some time.

So, My issue before was no matter what I would "take" to balance things out it didnt stick with me. Balance the BP for a few weeks and then back up again. The metabolic cleanse fixed that for me. Since Covid 2 years ago I would get a neck ache that would turn into a migraine once a week. Dr's wanted to put me on a pile of pills including BP and muscle relaxers and migraine meds without doing any tests. I decided then to change who I was naturally. @Jabba The Huttstyle of cleaning up my health by fueling myself better. The Metabolic Cleanse simply gave me a jump start. Once cleansed out I have been eating with a different mindset. The cleanse lowered my BP and allowed me to loose weight as it jumpstarted my clogged up metabolism. Cleaning that allows your hormone producing organs to work correctly. With all the "clogs" in the system you can take all the minerals and vitamins you want. If your body has no place to put it then it just dumps it out. Highly recommend this. Especially now that thanksgiving is over.  I did the health reset in my link above . It is not delicious like it says. But it definitely works! 

• Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Cleaning that allows your hormone producing organs to work correctly. With all the "clogs" in the system you can take all the minerals and vitamins you want. If your body has no place to put it then it just dumps it out. Highly recommend this. Especially now that thanksgiving is over.  I did the health reset in my link above . It is not delicious like it says. But it definitely works! 

Don't forget here that many vitamins and nutrients work better with catalysts in order for your body to be able to utilize them. Ever wonder why milk is vitamin D fortified? It is so that your body can absorb the natural calcium within milk. The same is true for many other nutrients.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Don't forget here that many vitamins and nutrients work better with catalysts in order for your body to be able to utilize them. Ever wonder why milk is vitamin D fortified? It is so that your body can absorb the natural calcium within milk. The same is true for many other nutrients.

It is also Vit D fortified because the pasteurization process destroys the natural Vit D in the milk to begin with along with many other vitamins and minerals essential to the body. Plan to switch to this soon too. Check out this article. https://www.rawmilkinstitute.org/updates/letter-to-medical-professionals-about-raw-milk#:~:text=Numerous scientific studies have shown,gut-healthy probiotics and enzymes.

Would be interested in @Boyst thoughts on this.

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

It is also Vit D fortified because the pasteurization process destroys the natural Vit D in the milk to begin with along with many other vitamins and minerals essential to the body. Plan to switch to this soon too. Check out this article. https://www.rawmilkinstitute.org/updates/letter-to-medical-professionals-about-raw-milk#:~:text=Numerous scientific studies have shown,gut-healthy probiotics and enzymes.

Would be interested in @Boyst thoughts on this.

I don't know much about milk since I don't mess with dairy. That stuff is way different

However, bovine milk is one of the least similar forks of milk to humans possible. Goat and sheep milk is much, much closer and better on the stomach. Soy derivatives are terrible and increase estrogen. Bovine milk is easy to produce and fortified to allow maximum intake of it's nutrients. I believe it also has to do with essential and non essential bcaa's. 

I'll go back and see some info I have on it from different classes etc I've had. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Boyst said:

I don't know much about milk since I don't mess with dairy. That stuff is way different

However, bovine milk is one of the least similar forks of milk to humans possible. Goat and sheep milk is much, much closer and better on the stomach. Soy derivatives are terrible and increase estrogen. Bovine milk is easy to produce and fortified to allow maximum intake of it's nutrients. I believe it also has to do with essential and non essential bcaa's. 

I'll go back and see some info I have on it from different classes etc I've had. 

I have actually heard that about goats and sheep milk. We have a family we are friends with in Illinois That raise goats and switched to strictly goats milk. I have tasted it and just dont like the flavor. They also sell soap online from their goats milk which we have bought often. The new Soy craze is killing people and they don't realize it. My daughter is nursing our nearly 4 month old granddaughter who has a milk protein allergy and that is what made me read up on the raw milk. We do have a local family that sells "regulated" raw milk along with organic grass fed beef. That said, I encourage her not to do the soy route. She has been using Coconut milk. have not looked much into that. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Jabba The Hutt
On 11/26/2022 at 4:38 PM, Fansince88 said:

So, My issue before was no matter what I would "take" to balance things out it didnt stick with me. Balance the BP for a few weeks and then back up again. The metabolic cleanse fixed that for me. Since Covid 2 years ago I would get a neck ache that would turn into a migraine once a week. Dr's wanted to put me on a pile of pills including BP and muscle relaxers and migraine meds without doing any tests. I decided then to change who I was naturally. @Jabba The Huttstyle of cleaning up my health by fueling myself better. The Metabolic Cleanse simply gave me a jump start. Once cleansed out I have been eating with a different mindset. The cleanse lowered my BP and allowed me to loose weight as it jumpstarted my clogged up metabolism. Cleaning that allows your hormone producing organs to work correctly. With all the "clogs" in the system you can take all the minerals and vitamins you want. If your body has no place to put it then it just dumps it out. Highly recommend this. Especially now that thanksgiving is over.  I did the health reset in my link above . It is not delicious like it says. But it definitely works! 

Great work! I would suggest thought that the mindset of the body just dumps what you put in it in excess isn't necessarily true unfortunately! It stores more often than we would like and can get clogged up by the excess! 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Great work! I would suggest thought that the mindset of the body just dumps what you put in it in excess isn't necessarily true unfortunately! It stores more often than we would like and can get clogged up by the excess! 

If I said that I did not mean that at all. Our body has a great ability to take things it doesn't understand and store it away. things like MSG and other preservatives. Things we in the USA put in our food that is not meant for human consumption is killing us slowly.....or quickly in some cases. 

• Love 2

Jabba The Hutt
3 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

If I said that I did not mean that at all. Our body has a great ability to take things it doesn't understand and store it away. things like MSG and other preservatives. Things we in the USA put in our food that is not meant for human consumption is killing us slowly.....or quickly in some cases. 

Sorry, poor wording! Didn’t mean to insinuate that you weren’t aware, just what I know is a common misconception.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Sorry, poor wording! Didn’t mean to insinuate that you weren’t aware, just what I know is a common misconception.

All good. The more I study this stuff, and it is not easy to find, the more I want to just live 100% off the land. That said, you can only live on so much snow.

• Haha 2

Jabba The Hutt
4 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

All good. The more I study this stuff, and it is not easy to find, the more I want to just live 100% off the land. That said, you can only live on so much snow.

Heated greenhouses for the win:classic_love:

• Applause 1

On 11/28/2022 at 9:31 AM, Jabba The Hutt said:

Heated greenhouses for the win:classic_love:

Found some Chaga on birch trees in the woods. Have you tried it?

CarpetCrawler
On 11/20/2022 at 10:03 AM, Fansince88 said:

Have a blessed day! 

Ever try buckwheat?? It's not wheat at all, really a seed from a flowering plant.

High in fiber, high in protein (has all amino acids), high in B vitamins, low in carbs.

Buy the toasted groats and toast them some more in a frying pan. Use 2-2.5 times as much water, a little salt and a little butter and then slowly simmer for about 15 minutes. After it's done I put in a tiny bit of honey or maple syrup and maybe some blueberries if I have any. It's a great breakfast, and will keep you feeling full for hours and hours.  You can also cook it and mix in some meat and/or vegetables for a delicious lunch or dinner. 

I like this brand, depending on the price, sometimes I buy from Amazon, sometimes ebay.

41iIyvSu5QL._AC_SY350_.jpg

• Cheers 1