Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Tasty Game Day Tailgating Recipes

Ann

Tasty Game Day Tailgating Receipies - Cropped.png

Whether you are meeting friends at the stadium, at an outside lot, doing your own little tailgating celebration in a stadium parking lot or at home, these delicious tailgating recipes will give you new and exciting recipe ideas to bring along or eat at home.  No matter what size gathering, these mouthwatering football inspired tailgating recipes are perfect for cold weather tailgating.

After nearly a month away, we are back to tailgating at Highmark Stadium for this Sunday as the Buffalo Bills take on the New York Jets.

Click here for all the information you need to attend a game at the Bills' stadium and have a fabulous time!

If you are creating your own menu, what are you bringing? Is it a whole menu, nibbles, or a dish to share?

Go Bills!  :cheer2:

Game-Day-Charcuterie-Board-xx.jpg.892e7361779f034cb304542eafea219b.jpg

get the instructions >>> Game Day Charcuterie Board

Getting ready for the big game? Good eats good eats are an integral part of the football Sunday experience. This game day charcuterie board is the ultimate party appetizer for your watch party!

Stuffed-Peppers-xx.jpg.9ae8fa31f9409161e55db7cd2bea053d.jpg

get the recipe >>> Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers

Who doesn’t love a game-day snack that bites you back a bit? These poppers have the spiciness you crave from jalapenos, loaded with tangy, rich cream cheese and cheddar blend to mellow the heat. 

Air-Fryer-Garlic-Bread-xx.jpg.c924ad8eac02a2e313a3d0a039dddc71.jpg

get the recipe >>> Air Fryer Garlic Bread

Kids love it as a snack or appetizer with a side of marinara sauce for dipping. It's also the perfect quick and easy get-together or game day appetizer. 

Smoked-Mac-and-Cheese-xx.jpg.951e626b0c87fa101d6d97c6e761c9c1.jpg

get the recipe >>> The Best Smoked Mac and Cheese

After many tweaks and trials, I have found the best smoked mac and cheese recipe. Throw this on the smoker while you wait for your smoked meats to rest.

Meatball-Stuffed-Biscuits-xx.jpg.658ed3c08e9772277110bdb96204439b.jpg

get the recipe >>> Meatball Sub Bombs

Flaky layer biscuits are stuffed with juicy meatballs and melty cheese before being topped with a flavorful mixture of Italian herbs, garlic and salt. Serve these warm biscuits with meaty centers as a scrumptious game day snack.

air-fryer-cajun-wings-xx.jpg.d79ebfc03d54cd4c35d509f220256a86.jpg

Because we are in Buffalo, a wings recipe >>> Cajun Wings

If you are looking for the best Cajun wings, you are in luck! These Cajun dry rub wings are packed full of flavor and can be prepared in multiple different ways including deep fried, air fryer or baked (oven). A Great Cajun wing recipe for a game day snack.

millionaire-bacon-xx.jpg.fa59a1430e8f97730ab66e23489ac9bb.jpg

get the recipe >>> Million Dollar Bacon (Candied Bacon)

This candied bacon recipe has a style all its own. Let me tell you it goes with anything. Whether you are cooking it to go with your breakfast, brunch, Bloody Mary, or even a beer, you are going to absolutely LOVE it.

Football-Cookie-Cups-xx.jpg.bb496f83c7fa901baa09f6d5d79ad664.jpg

get the recipe >>> Football Cookie Cups

Football cookie cups are the best of the best when it comes to tailgating desserts! These sugar cookie cups are filled with a layer of rich chocolate and topped with buttercream grass and a chocolate almond football.

What is your favorite tailgating recipe?

Written by Ann

Related Articles:

Autumn Tailgating Recipes
Pizza Party Tailgating Recipes
Trick or Treat Tailgating Menu

View full article

• Cheers 3
  • FANtastic 1

When I next come to a Bills game, I will do my best to bring oysters and shuck them for you peeps. The season starts the first week of November and runs until April. So, if I have to, I’ll get them from one of my aquafarmer buddies. They harvest year-round. 

Anybody out there know how to shuck an oyster 🦪?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

On 12/6/2022 at 9:15 PM, Nanker said:

When I next come to a Bills game, I will do my best to bring oysters and shuck them for you peeps. The season starts the first week of November and runs until April. So, if I have to, I’ll get them from one of my aquafarmer buddies. They harvest year-round. 

On 12/7/2022 at 8:00 AM, Foxx said:

Sure I could learn. :thumb:

Might take a good dozen or so (with hot sauce) for me to show you properly, but yeah, I can.... :hungry: 

:chuckle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Cinga said:

Might take a good dozen or so (with hot sauce) for me to show you properly, but yeah, I can.... :hungry: 

:chuckle:

Barnstable oysters rival those from Wellfleet which is saying something. 
Recreational Shellfishing season opens on the first legal day in November (Sunday, Wednesday, and Saturday are the legal rec days). If I’m coming up before then, I'll hit up one of my contacts in the commercial fishery and try to get a box (100).

49 minutes ago, Ann said:

We live less than an hour from the Florida oyster capital, but most of the local oysters come from Alabama (also less than an hour away).  Had some the other day.  Mmmmm oysters. 

The local oyster we all know Is Crassostrea Virginica which is the same animal all up and down the east coast and even over to England and France. The difference in taste is akin to what the French call terroir. And the aqua farmers call it Merroir WRT their animals.

It’s incredible the difference in taste, flavors, and texture the same critters can have based on the environment they grew up on. Of course there’s the diploid and triploid differences as well. 

I can go on ad nauseam (and I have) talking about shellfish propagation and the ins and outs of aqua farming.  

I like quahogs (hard shell “clams” to most), and soft shells (steamers, or long necks to many), simply “Clams@ to the locals. But Oysters rule. They’re simply amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 12/6/2022 at 9:15 PM, Nanker said:

I am one baaaaaaad mothershucker.

And for my money, Point Judith oysters are the best.