Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Von out with Torn ACL

Big Gun

This is me swearing a lot $&#*()&$#@(*$#&#@*&$()@*$#&@#()*$&@#($*@)^*#$)@*(#&$^@)#*(&$^)@(^).

Probably be like White and take a year to come back. That will mean maybe week 10 - 12 next season. I wish him a speedy recovery. Damn the D is taking huge hits this year.

Probably should cheer for E-sports where the worse thing you can get is eye strain and carpal tunnel.

Ugh.

9 minutes ago, BillsFan101 said:

This is me swearing a lot $&#*()&$#@(*$#&#@*&$()@*$#&@#()*$&@#($*@)^*#$)@*(#&$^@)#*(&$^)@(^).

Probably be like White and take a year to come back. That will mean maybe week 10 - 12 next season. I wish him a speedy recovery. Damn the D is taking huge hits this year.

Probably should cheer for E-sports where the worse thing you can get is eye strain and carpal tunnel.

Ugh.

Yeah, this sucks.  But, hey, look on the bright side.

I think the Defense is better than last year even without Miller

• Like 1
  • Cheers 4

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

Yeah, this sucks.  But, hey, look on the bright side.

I think the Defense is better than last year even without Miller

Due in part to Von's 'coaching.'

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Yup.  Fortunately they still have that part.  But will be a lot harder without him when we're going up against Mahomes and Burrow.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Sure.  That helps.

But think about it.  We've got White back.  Our interior DLine is better.  I'd say that Elam is better than Wallace.  Hamlin is a downgrade at FS, but he's doing pretty well.  Edmunds is better this year, especially recently.

The problem in the KC playoff game last year was that the DEs kept getting close to Mahomes, but they couldn't bring him down.  That's what Miller was brought in for.  Even without Miller as an upgrade, we lost because of the 13 second brain fart.  Otherwise, we were on our way to a second AFCCG.

I'm keeping it on the bright side!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

37 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Even though we have done well, I have to admit, when we learned of his injury the following day, this was my exact thought.

I hate the fact that the NFL can't figure out how to schedule teams to not play on 3 days rest.  Hey dumbasses...no one should play Thursday unless they're coming off a bye.  It's not a hard thing to figure out.  You could extend the season by a couple of weeks and everything would line up easily AND you'd have more weeks of television.

&#%$ING MORONS.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I hate the fact that the NFL can't figure out how to schedule teams to not play on 3 days rest.  Hey dumbasses...no one should play Thursday unless they're coming off a bye.  It's not a hard thing to figure out.  You could extend the season by a couple of weeks and everything would line up easily AND you'd have more weeks of television.

&#%$ING MORONS.

I would also love to see them schedule Saturday night primetime games throughout the season.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I would also love to see them schedule Saturday night primetime games throughout the season.

The NCAA would never allow that during September-November.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

They won't do it.   Saturday night in the domain of college football and the NFL doesn't like competition for viewers. 

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I like the way John Wooden described himself not as a coach but as a teacher. Von can still teach technique and attitude. The clip of him in the hospital was strangely up-lifting. 

Get well, and be ready for the big push next year! 

• Cheers 3

I have some work I need to do. I figured, procrastinate for a few minutes, do something pleasant, then get started on the work. So I checked things out here. Instead of something pleasant, I see this! 🙁

A huge setback.

• Sad 3
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

I have some work I need to do. I figured, procrastinate for a few minutes, do something pleasant, then get started on the work. So I checked things out here. Instead of something pleasant, I see this! 🙁

A huge setback.

This is clearly all your fault.   :classic_smile:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 5