Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NFL Sunday, November 1, 2020; Week 8

Ann

What are you watching? Other than the Bills, of course.

Week 8 Viewing Map:

CBS

New England @ Buffalo Ian Eagle, Charles Davis
● Pittsburgh @ Baltimore Jim Nantz, Tony Romo
● NY Jets @ Kansas City Kevin Harlan, Trent Green
● Indianapolis @ Detroit Andrew Catalon, James Lofton
● Tennessee @ Cincinnati Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta
● LA Chargers @ Denver (LATE) Greg Gumbel, Rich Gannon

FOX EARLY

● Minnesota @ Green Bay Kevin Burkhardt, Daryl Johnston
● LA Rams @ Miami Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma (Buffalo/Rochester viewing area)
● Las Vegas @ Cleveland Kevin Kugler, Chris Spielman

FOX LATE

● New Orleans @ Chicago Joe Buck, Troy Aikman (New York State viewing area)
● San Francisco @ Seattle Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth

NATIONAL BROADCASTS

● Thursday Night: Atlanta @ Carolina (FOX/NFLN)
● Sunday Night: Dallas @ Philadelphia (NBC)
● Monday Night: Tampa Bay @ NY Giants (ESPN)

Oh, and KC is still a 20 point favorite over the Jets. :classic_blink:

The Chiefs are favored by 20 points against the Jets this weekend, a number so large that it’s been reached fewer than a dozen times in NFL history.

The most recent? Well, that included the Jets, too — they closed as a 21-point underdog against the Patriots early last season, a line they actually covered in a 30-14 loss.

59 minutes ago, Ann said:

Oh, and KC is still a 20 point favorite over the Jets. :classic_blink:

The Chiefs are favored by 20 points against the Jets this weekend, a number so large that it’s been reached fewer than a dozen times in NFL history.

The most recent? Well, that included the Jets, too — they closed as a 21-point underdog against the *Patriots early last season, a line they actually covered in a 30-14 loss.

If you read that All 22 article posted here, its clear the Bills should have hung 40 on the Jets. Granted, I would never put cash on this bet, but in my pick 'em league I'm all over the Chefs. The KC line won't have Boettger, which automatically buys the QB more time. They may fire Gase at halftime on this one.

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

If you read that All 22 article posted here, its clear the Bills should have hung 40 on the Jets. Granted, I would never put cash on this bet, but in my pick 'em league I'm all over the Chefs. The KC line won't have Boettger, which automatically buys the QB more time. They may fire Gase at halftime on this one.

Yeah, I don't know what happened with the Bills, but I agree that KC is gonna thump the Jets hard.

11 minutes ago, Ann said:

Yeah, I don't know what happened with the Bills, but I agree that KC is gonna thump the Jets hard.

In a nutshell, Josh got a little antsy and missed some wide open receivers, but also it seems Boettger spent the day as a turnstile, which is ultimately what led to Allen's happy feet. Two touchdowns that should have been: the first Davis, which was just too low and was almost a pick, and the other Davis, because of a very, very stupid illegal motion penalty.

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

In a nutshell, Josh got a little antsy and missed some wide open receivers, but also it seems Boettger spent the day as a turnstile, which is ultimately what led to Allen's happy feet. Two touchdowns that should have been: the first Davis, which was just too low and was almost a pick, and the other Davis, because of a very, very stupid illegal motion penalty.

All of which made the Spain release that much more bizarre.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I have game pass, but to lazy to pull it up. That penalty was an Illegal formation, and for the life i did not see it on replay. Has anyone on Twitter etc shown what was off there? Sure looked legal to me..both tackles looked covered, 7 guys on the line..i dont know maybe someone on the OL did not get their head in front of the Morse's butt...anyway thanks in advance if anyone knows why that was called

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I have game pass, but to lazy to pull it up. That penalty was an Illegal formation, and for the life i did not see it on replay. Has anyone on Twitter etc shown what was off there? Sure looked legal to me..both tackles looked covered, 7 guys on the line..i dont know maybe someone on the OL did not get their head in front of the Morse's butt...anyway thanks in advance if anyone knows why that was called

Correct: Illegal formation, not motion. My mistake. The culprit, according to Joe Buscaglia's review of the All 22 film, was Gilliam.

On second-and-10, Allen delivered a pump fake that caused Austin to bite and he hit Davis behind the cornerback for an easy touchdown. However, rookie tight end Reggie Gilliam didn’t line up correctly; as Diggs went in motion, Gilliam took a step forward to get on the line, at which point it was too late. It was a clear illegal formation penalty, and the referee threw the flag as the Bills snapped the ball. Gilliam’s mental error negated the touchdown.

3 hours ago, GG1 said:

All of which made the Spain release that much more bizarre.

There is a story there that everyone wants to know.

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Correct: Illegal formation, not motion. My mistake. The culprit, according to Joe Buscaglia's review of the All 22 film, was Gilliam.

•  

man, these rules can confuse me sometime. Is it that Gilliam moved forward while Diggs was moving? 

34 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

man, these rules can confuse me sometime. Is it that Gilliam moved forward while Diggs was moving? 

I think that's what he's saying, yes. I'm only just now getting used to the new 'illegal block in the back' call against WRs trying to block for the end around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Technically that can't be true, since that would be an illegal motion (2 guys moving at the same time).  I'll have to rewatch that play.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

•  

20 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

19 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I think that's what he's saying, yes. I'm only just now getting used to the new 'illegal block in the back' call against WRs trying to block for the end around.

I rewatched the play, and I think the refs incorrectly called the foul, but there was a foul.  It was 2 men in motion, not illegal formation.  At the snap, Bills had 8 guys on the LoS (need 7), and Diggs was covering the OL.  Gilliam screwed up by moving up when Diggs was moving right, causing the 2 men in motion.  If Gilliam stayed in place, there would have been a TD.

Edited by GG1
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Rooting for:

● Pittsburgh @ Baltimore -  Baltimore? My thought is someone needs to beat Pittsburgh if they aren't to run away with the #1 seed.
● NY Jets @ Kansas City - Jets :classic_laugh:
● Indianapolis @ Detroit - Detroit
● Tennessee @ Cincinnati - Cincinnati :classic_laugh:
● LA Chargers @ Denver - Don't care

● LA Rams @ Miami - Rams
● Las Vegas @ Cleveland - Las Vegas (Why is this game on Fox?)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poncho said:

Bills v Patsies #1 for sure! I'll probably check in on the Miami - LA Rams  to see how Tua plays & Pittsburg - Baltimore should be a dandy.

Will be recording the Pitt-Bal game while watching the Bills win from the bar.  This could be the game of the year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1