Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NFL Sunday, November 1, 2020; Week 8

Ann

On 10/29/2020 at 10:48 AM, Ann said:

Oh, and KC is still a 20 point favorite over the Jets. :classic_blink:

The Chiefs are favored by 20 points against the Jets this weekend, a number so large that it’s been reached fewer than a dozen times in NFL history.

The most recent? Well, that included the Jets, too — they closed as a 21-point underdog against the Patriots early last season, a line they actually covered in a 30-14 loss.

And the final was 35-9, KC. Wow.

6 hours ago, Ann said:

Rooting for:

● Las Vegas @ Cleveland - Las Vegas (Why is this game on Fox?)

Wow, good for Vegas.  Final 16-6, Las Vegas.

6 hours ago, Ann said:

Rooting for:

● Pittsburgh @ Baltimore -  Baltimore? My thought is someone needs to beat Pittsburgh if they aren't to run away with the #1 seed.

Pittsburgh wins, 28-24 they are now 7-0

Why wasn't time added to the clock for the defenders injury time-out?

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Miami wins 28-17

Did you see the stats on that game? Rams had almost 500 yards offense vs. the Fish with 150. Tua under 100 yards...rough day, it seems.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Did you see the stats on that game? Rams had almost 500 yards offense vs. the Fish with 150. Tua under 100 yards...rough day, it seems.

How'd those style points work out for the Rams?

(I am gonna remember that game for the "ugly win" whiners.)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

This was messed up.

Really? Ya think? They need to suspend him. You can't have players going around punching other players during a game.

From NFL.com:

</snip>

Chicago Bears receiver Javon Wims attacked New Orleans Saints defensive back Chauncey Gardner-Johnson midway through Sunday afternoon's match and was ejected. He could face a stiffer penalty soon.

</snip>

Midway through the third quarter of the Bears' 26-23 overtime loss, Wims, unprovoked, approached Gardner-Johnson from behind and proceeded to punch the DB in the helmet twice, the first time with a closed fist. Gardner-Johnson seemed stunned and just stood there as teammate Janoris Jenkins jumped on the WR's back to break up the fight.

Wims was immediately ejected.

"I am really, really bothered by that third-quarter incident," Bears coach Matt Nagy said after the game, via NFL Network's Stacey Dales. "It bothers me. I'm proud of the guys that played hard. The guys that were selfless."

</snip>

17 hours ago, Ann said:

Wow, good for Vegas.  Final 16-6, Las Vegas.

so funny, i first saw this post and said yep, bookies clean up when the under hits..then remembered..oh yes, Vegas has a team!

I usually am a pretty active gambler BTW, have not made a single bet on the NFL this year. 

Bucs vs Giants tonight. Now lemme see, do I want to hear the booth drool over Tom Brady as the Giants get stomped?  Hmmm decisions, decisions.

1 minute ago, Ann said:

Bucs vs Giants tonight. Now lemme see, do I want to hear the booth drool over Marsha as the Giants get stomped?  Hmmm decisions, decisions.

When I ask myself such questions, I always arrive at the same answer: There are 16 regular season games. The pause between seasons is insufferable because I don't follow any other sports. So I'll watch any game the NFL puts on. I'll watch Week 4 Preseason. I'll watch the freaking Pro Bowl. I'll watch a Marsha slobberfest. I take it all because it has to sustain me. 

• Like 1

Giants putting up a fight so far.   But honestly, if they have a shot at one of the 3 big QBs in the draft, they have to pull the trigger, right?

Admittedly I don't watch the Giants much anymore, but I just don't see it with Jones.