Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

RIP Pele

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Mentioned elsewhere, but a man of his reach and magnitude deserves his own thread.

Pele, Football Icon, dies at 82

“SAO PAULO (AP) — Pelé, the Brazilian king of soccer who won a record three World Cups and became one of the most commanding sports figures of the last century, died Thursday. He was 82.

The standard-bearer of “the beautiful game” had undergone treatment for colon cancer since 2021. The medical center where he had been hospitalized for the last month said he died of multiple organ failure as a result of the cancer.

“Pelé changed everything. He transformed football into art, entertainment,” Neymar, a fellow Brazilian soccer star, said on Instagram. “Football and Brazil elevated their standing thanks to the King! He is gone, but his magic will endure. Pelé is eternal!”

376C2222-C961-4D51-96CF-7F9262ADA1D6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I know that his playing in New York back in the 70's was what got me to watch soccer for the first time.

As I am sure that it was with millions more.

• Like 1