Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Today I ...

Foxx

I've wanted to post this thread for a while now. The events of this morning gave me the impetus to do so. 

Just a thread to post anything meaningful that happened in your life today. Or if you just want to post whatever happened today.

I'm in my office surfing the 'net, and I hear a diesel engine outside the window that sounds like it stopped in the road. Wanting to see what was happening, I got up to look out the curtain. I see that the town snow plow salting the roads has stopped because my elderly neighbor was at his mailbox getting the mail. After a bit, he walked across his front lawn, enabling the snow plow to proceed without fear of possibly running him over. So I continue to watch my neighbor walk across his snowed front yard in his slippers and, with his walking cane, walk towards the neighbor's house. 

I figured he got some of their mail delivered to his mailbox and wanted to give it to them. Now it is dangerously cold out there today, and I am always concerned about this neighbor, but he has good children and grandchildren that come over every day to look in on them and stay for hours caring for them. Unfortunately, they were not around this morning.

So, after watching him struggle to get to the neighbors and fumble around for a couple of minutes, I realize something is not right. I put my coat and shoes on and go out to see if I can assist him. Sure enough, he thought he was heading back into his house. He tells me that he is blind and can't see a thing. So I explained to him that he was at the neighbor's house, not mine but the one on the other side of him, and proceeded to walk him back to his house. We get to the open garage door, and he says that he is okay from there. I told him we are close; let me walk you to the house door. He thanked me profusely, and I told him he was welcome but that I was just glad I heard the truck outside my window, or who knows what would have happened. 

All I know is that if he had gone out in the dark to get his mail last night, it might not have been a very good morning here. I will wait for his daughter to show up, explain to her what happened, that his getting the mail might not be a good idea, and that I can get it for them if it helps.

Anyhoo, is anything happening in your world today?

• FANtastic 2
  • Love 3

Well, I am sitting in the local emergency room.

My father in law fell ill again, sepsis and pneumonia (again)

Poor guy can't catch a break.

He has been living with us since October, for safety reasons

In all my experience I have never seen someone get sepsis so quickly

As I have mentioned in the past, the B-Wife and I are both nurses,so we can catch it pretty quickly.  He is being admitted so I think that he will be alright. But his 89 year old body is wearing out from this 

As if I am not stressed enough, she wants to go buy new phones while we are down "in town".  I hate doing that, not being very knowledgeable about them

• Sad 5

Wow, after @Foxx and @B-Man stories, mine is trite. Ok, even before their stories, my morning is trite.  😛

Hubby made me a nice breakfast of bacon, Greek omelet, and coffee. I nixed the toast (he made bread yesterday) because it was already more then enough food.
Then, I decided to be lazy and not style my hair. We aren't going anywhere this weekend, so straight hair is fine.

:whoo:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Ann said:

Wow, after @Foxx and @B-Man stories, mine is trite. Ok, even before their stories, my morning is trite.  😛

Hubby made me a nice breakfast of bacon, Greek omelet, and coffee. I nixed the toast (he made bread yesterday) because it was already more then enough food.
Then, I decided to be lazy and not style my hair. We aren't going anywhere this weekend, so straight hair is fine.

:whoo:

I haven't had any good Greek food since one of my favorite restaurants closed shop.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
28 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Used to be all I went to Toronto for was the Canadian Ballet.

We’ll time to add greek cuisine as the reason.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Foxx said:

I've wanted to post this thread for a while now. The events of this morning gave me the impetus to do so. 

Just a thread to post anything meaningful that happened in your life today. Or if you just want to post whatever happened today.

I'm in my office surfing the 'net, and I hear a diesel engine outside the window that sounds like it stopped in the road. Wanting to see what was happening, I got up to look out the curtain. I see that the town snow plow salting the roads has stopped because my elderly neighbor was at his mailbox getting the mail. After a bit, he walked across his front lawn, enabling the snow plow to proceed without fear of possibly running him over. So I continue to watch my neighbor walk across his snowed front yard in his slippers and, with his walking cane, walk towards the neighbor's house. 

I figured he got some of their mail delivered to his mailbox and wanted to give it to them. Now it is dangerously cold out there today, and I am always concerned about this neighbor, but he has good children and grandchildren that come over every day to look in on them and stay for hours caring for them. Unfortunately, they were not around this morning.

So, after watching him struggle to get to the neighbors and fumble around for a couple of minutes, I realize something is not right. I put my coat and shoes on and go out to see if I can assist him. Sure enough, he thought he was heading back into his house. He tells me that he is blind and can't see a thing. So I explained to him that he was at the neighbor's house, not mine but the one on the other side of him, and proceeded to walk him back to his house. We get to the open garage door, and he says that he is okay from there. I told him we are close; let me walk you to the house door. He thanked me profusely, and I told him he was welcome but that I was just glad I heard the truck outside my window, or who knows what would have happened. 

All I know is that if he had gone out in the dark to get his mail last night, it might not have been a very good morning here. I will wait for his daughter to show up, explain to her what happened, that his getting the mail might not be a good idea, and that I can get it for them if it helps.

Acts of kindness like this make the world a better place. Did I mention safer ;   )

You have some writting skills my friend. I spent the day trying to get my twitter following up to a more respectable level. Almost posted a thread that had no substance. Posted a poem instead. This is a nice idea for a thread. Nicely done on the rescue. God works in mysterious ways.

Edited by Figster
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
8 minutes ago, Figster said:

Acts of kindness like this make the world a better place. Did I mention safer ;   )

You have some writting skills my friend. I spent the day trying to get my twitter following up to a more respectable level. Almost posted a thread that had no substance. Posted a poem instead. This is a nice idea for a thread. Nicely done on the rescue. God works in mysterious ways.

let’s see what chatgpt has to say about figster

Oh Figster, wise beyond your years, A fan of Bills, so true and fair, Though I've never met you in person, Your wisdom, I'm sure, needs no mention.

You've got a way with words so bright, That illuminates the darkest night, With insight and understanding, deep, You help others, and yours to keep.

Your passion for the Bills, it shines, A fire in you, it never declines, Through the wins and losses, you stand, A true fan, with heart in hand.

So here's to you, Figster, I say, A wise one, in every way, May you always find joy and peace, With the Bills and life, never to cease.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, devnull said:

Today I...

Got a jury duty summons :facepalm:

Wife got one and was on duty about a month ago. She had to report and was questioned in a pool for a headlining murder. She was not selected for the jury and was done after just reporting for the one day.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

ExiledInIllinois

The DailyReport is in and IcePix uploaded for Industry...

...Instead of taking like 6 barges or so... They have been taking a few here and there... Running through the ice fields, double-tripping, fleeting barges back and forth between here and Blue Island in order to cut ice, bust up the channel...

Bald eagles should be out in the afternoon fishing. Brought my big DSLR with 600mm zoom, hopefully get a few pics later.

obrienup.jpg

obrienlow.jpg

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2
  • Love 1

ExiledInIllinois

Oh... Those are live embedded links. Will be interesting to see if they change daily when refreshed... See if the other lazy fu..s are doing their job! 😆 

• Cheers 2

On 2/4/2023 at 10:45 AM, Foxx said:

• Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1
  • Love 2

ExiledInIllinois

Today I... Learned my pictures upstream in this thread that I upload everyday w/my 0600 daily report (when I work 6am-6pm) are updated! Awesome.  I can just come here and check if others are putting in their industry IcePix! 😆 

[MAINLY these are for IcePix, so the barge, towing industry can get a visual of ice condition that their boats have to navigate through.  I will see if I can upload during the warm, pleasure boat season...]

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Today I... Learned my pictures upstream in this thread that I upload everyday w/my 0600 daily report (when I work 6am-6pm) are updated! Awesome.  I can just come here and check if others are putting in their industry IcePix! 😆 

[MAINLY these are for IcePix, so the barge, towing industry can get a visual of ice condition that their boats have to navigate through.  I will see if I can upload during the warm, pleasure boat season...]

Today I...learned that I don't care about EII pictures updating

Nah, who am I kidding.  I already knew that

• Wow 1
  • Haha 3

ExiledInIllinois
1 hour ago, devnull said:

Today I...learned that I don't care about EII pictures updating

Nah, who am I kidding.  I already knew that

😆... I really can't blame you. This thing will grow old fast. I am gonna get rid of that damn time stamp.

ExiledInIllinois
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Today I... am working on taxes.  🤔

Pulling 'em out of the shoebox and putting it all into a ledger/spreadsheets.

I gotta find my son's last year taxes and email him the file.  Good thing I don't have to do them this year... Bad thing, I think he's making a ton more money and he wants to hide that income from his old man! 😆... The little cheat! 

• Haha 1