Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Frazier To Take A Year Off

IDBillzFan

I'm very curious to see if Holcomb is elevated to DC.  When he was hired I had that in the back of my mind (insurance policy).

I'd rather see them bring in someone else but WTF do I know?

• Like 4

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

I can't help but feel this was a firing with the softest landing possible.

Has this ever happened before? And if so, did the coach come back to the same position? I can't recall either before.

Just now, Ann said:

Has this ever happened before? And if so, did the coach come back to the same position? I can't recall either before.

The one thing I noticed is they didn't say "He plans to return to the BILLS in 2024".

I think his contract expired today - the BILLS most likely chose not to renew it and let him go with dignity.  I could be completely wrong but that's my take on it.

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

So, maybe Beane and McDermott can actually see what seemed so obvious to everybody not in the room.

Hope Frazier doesn't have any hidden health issues he needs to deal with and that this is as @Alaska Darin suggests and it is simply the Bills giving him the gentlest jetison possible.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The one thing I noticed is they didn't say "He plans to return to the BILLS in 2024".

I think his contract expired today - the BILLS most likely chose not to renew it and let him go with dignity.  I could be completely wrong but that's my take on it.

Agreed. The wording had all the makings of a tech CEO 'retiring.'

• Like 2

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

We never could find his contract details,  but I suspect you are correct. 

• Like 1

Sports media when they are blindsided: "Just another layer to all this confusion."

What are you confused about, Matthew? That no one gave you the tip in advance?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What the bleep is this. Fraizer should have been fired after the 13 second Epic Fail in KC and the absolute NO D (his zone defense) against CIN. Now they are letting him take off a year and maybe come back. In a team that is in the running for the Super Bowl, this choice absolutely makes no sense what so ever. Fire the guy and hire a permanent DC. Don't go to the NFL Coaches Temp Agency and pick some weak off the shelf guy who knows he is only going to have the position a season. This is like when Van Halen put in Guy Cherone as their lead singer knowing it is going to be only a temporary measure and he would be gone soon. Ok it is nothing like that but you get my point.

I do have a suspicion that this maybe a polite way of firing someone, but it doesn't make it easy on the guy coming in to be DC.

Edited by BillsFan101

Just now, BillsFan101 said:

What the bleep is this. Fraizer should have been fired after the 13 second Epic Fail in KC and the absolute NO D (his zone defense) against CIN. Now they are letting him take off a year and come back. In a team that is in the running for the Super Bowl, this choice absolutely makes no sense what so ever. Fire the guy and hire a permanent DC. Don't go to the NFL Coaches Temp Agency and pick some weak off the shelf guy who knows he is only going to have the position a season. This is like when Van Halen put in Guy Cherone as their lead singer knowing it is going to be only a temporary measure and he would be gone soon. Ok it is nothing like that but you get my point.

No one has said he is coming back to Buffalo.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1