Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Frazier To Take A Year Off

IDBillzFan

I still wonder if I was not too far off of the mark in that a sitdown recently happened involving Terry Pegula.  That the tone was we really like you (sincerely) but we have already burned through 1/3 of Josh's expected career with nothing to show for it.  

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Like 5

The "noise" over at finheaven concerning Frazier.  The Bills just got rid of a master mind.  Frazier soiled himself over a retooled Tua.  Bills fans like the news because they are meth heads.  The occassional "oh crap" that the Bills addressed a problem area.

• Facepalm 2

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The one thing I noticed is they didn't say "He plans to return to the BILLS in 2024".

I think his contract expired today - the BILLS most likely chose not to renew it and let him go with dignity.  I could be completely wrong but that's my take on it.

This is 100% correct. They were never going to outright fire him. 

Now it's on to Derrick Henry and Taylor Lewan signings and go for broke. And then a full reset in 2024.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The one thing I noticed is they didn't say "He plans to return to the BILLS in 2024".

I think his contract expired today - the BILLS most likely chose not to renew it and let him go with dignity.  I could be completely wrong but that's my take on it.

I didn't realize that. I think your take is spot on. This is the classic 'wants to spend more time with his family' announcement.  

This gives me renewed faith in McDermott.

• Like 3

Nouseforaname
5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I didn't realize that. I think your take is spot on. This is the classic 'wants to spend more time with his family' announcement.  

This gives me renewed faith in McDermott.

They always want to spend more time with their families until they have to spend more time with their families.

• Haha 7
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

They always want to spend more time with their families until they have to spend more time with their families.

Is that you Mr. Brady?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Turns out his kids weren’t so great when they weren’t on FaceTime. 😂😂😂

Or the Brady bunch started calling him Marcia around the house. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The "noise" over at finheaven concerning Frazier.  The Bills just got rid of a master mind.  Frazier soiled himself over a retooled Tua.  Bills fans like the news because they are meth heads.  The occassional "oh crap" that the Bills addressed a problem area.

It has gotten worse over there if you can believe that.  Rex, sex changes, and prison block leaders are now being discussed in that thread.  They are really broken over there.  I guess that is what happens when you peak early in life.  It's like being 5th grade spelling champion (Griese, Shula) and then getting a 100 on your 7th Grade American studies final but all down hill since.  A good day for them presently is getting an eye wink from the 53 year old fat woman at the bar wearing her Walmart jean jacket.

• Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Turns out his kids weren’t so great when they weren’t on FaceTime. 😂😂😂

"I don't wanna play kissy face with you anymore, dad."

- Brady's son (probably)

• Haha 3

Just now, RochesterRob said:

It has gotten worse over there if you can believe that.  Rex, sex changes, and prison block leaders are now being discussed in that thread.  They are really broken over there.  I guess that is what happens when you peak early in life.  It's like being 5th grade spelling champion (Griese, Shula) and then getting a 100 on your 7th Grade American studies final but all down hill since.  A good day for them presently is getting an eye wink from the 53 year old fat woman at the bar wearing her Walmart jean jacket.

Florida man gonna Florida man.

"We'll always have week 2 of 2022."

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

I love Dolphins fans.  It's like their fandom has a requirement for meth addiction.  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
24 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I love Dolphins fans.  It's like their fandom has a requirement for meth addiction.  :classic_laugh:

When you’re the cocaine capital, eventually you move on to harder stuff.

Like my mom always liked to say, « stay away from coke it’s a gateway drug ».

• Haha 3

SquirminThurman
17 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Like scoring 5 TDs in one game for Polk High?

Most folks are certain his contract ended/s some time this offseason. John Wawrow had a Tweet on 2/26 insisting that it has not expired, but offered no date when it does.

Sorry JW, clearly the contract came into play.

Who knows the exact reason but any of the following or a mix could have happened:

• The Bills may have offered him a contract he declined, missed the hiring cycle, so now taking a year off
  • The Bills may not have offered him an extension, missed the hiring cycle, so now taking the year off
  • He may be looking at retirement, but doesn't want to close the door
  • Has other issues going on

He played a type of defense I am not a big fan of, but did well managing a lot of significant injuries this past season. Despite the loss of Von Miller, Tre White, Micah Hyde each @2/3 of the season, and a lot of youth at DB, he still had a top 5 or so DVOA defense throughout the season. The playoffs were usually a different matter altogether.

Explains why they brought in Al Holcomb as senior defensive assistant on February 8 (2023). Someone behind the scenes knew there was the potential for Frazier to move on. I guess Beane knew Frazier's intentions last week. "Speaking at the NFL combine at Indianapolis, general manager Brandon Beane said Frazier informed the team of his decision last week." - John Wawrow

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/bills-dc-frazier-taking-a-year-off-plans-to-17810501.php

Frazier seemed like a good guy, pretty smart, had a heck of a career as a player. Wish him the best. Time to move forward. My guess is Holomb or Washington get the nod as DC.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, devnull said:

I wish he would have done this a few weeks ago when Jim Schwartz was available

Wrex didn’t get the job in Denver. :whistling:

They should bring Wade back. He’s wasting away in the minors. 

• Facepalm 1