Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Frazier To Take A Year Off

IDBillzFan

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

Wrex didn’t get the job in Denver. :whistling:

They should bring Wade back. He’s wasting away in the minors. 

I'd bring in Wade if he has not lost a step.  I doubt he would want a long term contract which would be good for us as well.  I know he had issues with Ralph but Ralph has been long gone.

Nouseforaname
5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I'd bring in Wade if he has not lost a step.  I doubt he would want a long term contract which would be good for us as well.  I know he had issues with Ralph but Ralph has been long gone.

Would he work with mcd? The vibe I got from the press conference is that mcd will be calling plays.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Gosh he's old now.  

I expect the Bills to be playing a lot more with 3 true LB's next year.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Well, what did people expect him to say?

No, no, we wanted him gone all along, that's why we didn't bother to try to contact Fangio, Schwartz, or an up and comer.

Schwartz I really miss.  

4 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Gosh he's old now.  

I expect the Bills to be playing a lot more with 3 true LB's next year.  

He is 75.  Up there but could have plenty of gas left in the tank mentally.  

Blessed Believer
6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I can't help but feel this was a firing with the softest landing possible.

This is great news…..losing Frazier is an addition by subtraction. I’m pretty confident our smart people will replace him with someone much sexier. 

Blessed Believer
3 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I still wonder if I was not too far off of the mark in that a sitdown recently happened involving Terry Pegula.  That the tone was we really like you (sincerely) but we have already burned through 1/3 of Josh's expected career with nothing to show for it.  

We won’t be seeing Frazier back here ever again….case closed. Thank you very much.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Blessed Believer

I lost confidence thinking the defense could come up with a big stop when they needed to. That translates to losing confidence in the man calling the plays. I know the players are responsible too, but look at the Giants defense this year under Wink Martindale compared with last years Patrick “I play it safe” Graham. The Giants defense was practically the same and yet this past year their D was so much better. Smart creative people can figure out ways to maximize strengths and minimize weaknesses…..people like Frazier and Graham are just biding their time. Nice men…just in over their heads today. Time to apply for HS gym instructor jobs. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, BillsFan101 said:

What the bleep is this. Fraizer should have been fired after the 13 second Epic Fail in KC and the absolute NO D (his zone defense) against CIN. Now they are letting him take off a year and maybe come back. In a team that is in the running for the Super Bowl, this choice absolutely makes no sense what so ever. Fire the guy and hire a permanent DC. Don't go to the NFL Coaches Temp Agency and pick some weak off the shelf guy who knows he is only going to have the position a season. This is like when Van Halen put in Guy Cherone as their lead singer knowing it is going to be only a temporary measure and he would be gone soon. Ok it is nothing like that but you get my point.

I do have a suspicion that this maybe a polite way of firing someone, but it doesn't make it easy on the guy coming in to be DC.

The point I got from this is that you're still salty about Guy [sic] Cherone.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Reminder: the team signed two assistant coaches and two defensive quality control coaches to help Fraizer.

The DC job may have "been his if he wanted it," but the front office didn't exactly show they had much faith in him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Taro T said:

So, maybe Beane and McDermott can actually see what seemed so obvious to everybody not in the room.

Hope Frazier doesn't have any hidden health issues he needs to deal with and that this is as @Alaska Darin suggests and it is simply the Bills giving him the gentlest jetison possible.

That was actually my thought. 

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Reminder: the team signed two assistant coaches and two defensive quality control coaches to help Fraizer.

The DC job may have "been his if he wanted it," but the front office didn't exactly show they had much faith in him.

The only people with faith in a Frazier defense were opposing OCs.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Augie said:

The message boards are FULL of smart people who want the job! 

🤔 I wonder if OCinBuffalo is available?

Edited by LB3
  • Like 2

Frazier not the only successful regular season DC getting flack for team's playoff failure. 

https://www.outkick.com/cj-gardner-johnson-critical-tweet-jonathan-gannon-deleted/

Eagles star C.J. Gardner-Johnson thinks Jonathan Gannon is to blame for Philly losing the Super Bowl.

The Eagles lost an absolute 38-35 dog fight to the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, and it was definitely a gut-wrenching loss for Philadelphia. Well, Gardner-Johnson thinks you can lay the blame right at Gannon’s feet.

In a now-deleted tweet, the talented DB called out the team’s former DC and current Cardinals head coach for not putting the defense “in position to make plays.”

• Applause 2