Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Frazier To Take A Year Off

IDBillzFan

DOOMED!

I do believe he has it backwards

we do not want to keep the scheme

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2023/03/without-leslie-frazier-its-over-for-buffalo-bills-says-former-wr.html

Despite the team’s outstanding defensive minds, one former wide receiver feels as if the team’s Super Bowl window has closed now that Frazier has stepped away for a season. On the I Am Athlete Podcast, Brandon Marshall said that it’s over for Buffalo as the team will miss Frazier’s leadership.

“It’s over for Buffalo. It’s over,” Marshall said. “I’m telling you, that defense (was) nice. It’s the coach (Leslie Frazier). You can keep the scheme, but you can’t keep his leadership. ‘Yo, let me go talk to this player like this. Let me go meet this one where they’re at. Let me go challenge this one. Let me cut this one.’ So you can keep the scheme, but he ain’t there.”

Alaska Darin
11 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

There are far too many people who look at the performances against the non-elite teams/QBs and think the BILLS have an awesome defense.  When you look at the playoff losses, you see the reality - if the offense isn't lighting the scoreboard on fire and putting significant pressure on the opposing offense to keep up, the defense gets exposed.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 3

Nouseforaname
12 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

There are far too many people who look at the performances against the non-elite teams/QBs and think the BILLS have an awesome defense.  When you look at the playoff losses, you see the reality - if the offense isn't lighting the scoreboard on fire and putting significant pressure on the opposing offense to keep up, the defense gets exposed.

I agree, I guess it’s a « devil we know » reaction.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 3/2/2023 at 5:38 AM, Alaska Darin said:

Yup. 

The defense played at a championship level once out of seven playoff games over the last three years.

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 3/2/2023 at 8:38 AM, Alaska Darin said:

Even non-elite QBs, the defense seemed to make them look elite.  Tua had two of his five best games against the Bills. Zach Wilson had his best game, rating-wise, against the Bills.  Pickett and Brisset had their only 300-yard games; Kirk Cousins, third-highest passing yards, Justin Fields; third-highest passer rating; Mac Jones...well, he was still Mac Jones.  

Even against mid-lever QBs whose names don't rhyme with "Hack Bones," the defense wasn't performing well.  

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

To sum up the article:

Bills fans are ungrateful and stupid. 🤔

If Tim Graham thinks Bills fans sound ungrateful and stupid now, just wait until he retires.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Ann said:

To sum up the article:

It wouldn't be the offseason if we didn't have Timmah! Timmah! explaining how Bills fans are pathetic and predictable in yet another Timmah! article that is both pathetic and predictable.

Why anyone continues to pay that dude is beyond me. Paying a dollar to have access to a website that features him feels kind of gross.

3 hours ago, Ann said:

To sum up the article:

Timmah cites Frazier's roots having played on the 1985 Bears D.

strange

but I don't recall that Bears D being a passive, lackluster outfit who didn't hit or tackle

must have lost something in translation

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ann said:

To sum up the article:

Ungrateful and stupid? Would that make you and I brain dead? He needed to go. That said, I hope he retires healthy and this isnt a health issue he is keeping secret. 

20 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

If Tim Graham thinks Bills fans sound ungrateful and stupid now, just wait until he retires.

Timmah with another high-horse article spitting on the unwashed peasants?  Knock me down with a feather.

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
25 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Timmah with another high-horse article spitting on the unwashed peasants?  Knock me down with a feather.

He doesn't report on sports as much as he reports on people in sports.

And he has to build them up as special and unique, so he can portray himself as such based on his association with them.

He's pretty much a hack.

19 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

He doesn't report on sports as much as he reports on people in sports.

And he has to build them up as special and unique, so he can portray himself as such based on his association with them.

He's pretty much a hack.

pretty much?

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 9:26 PM, Ann said:

Shaq Lawson

Numbers are real nice. Piss poor game plan and adjustments is another. Watching the collapse over and over as fans hurts. Watching that collapse at the wrong time is devastating. I believe, but could be wrong, those numbers are more on the players we have had.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
You Dirty Rat

I am guessing he is a little unhappy, he knew the Bills would not Pay Edmunds the big bucks.

That was his boy...

Just now, House said:

I am guessing he is a little unhappy, he knew the Bills would not Pay Edmunds the big bucks.

That was his boy...

I can see the Bills told him they couldn't pay Edmunds.

The bigger take away for Frazier is that meant they couldn't run the same scheme with MLB pretending he was a free safety - because they had no one of similar speed and length.

Frazier likely did not want to change

• Like 1

You Dirty Rat
14 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I can see the Bills told him they couldn't pay Edmunds.

The bigger take away for Frazier is that meant they couldn't run the same scheme with MLB pretending he was a free safety - because they had no one of similar speed and length.

Frazier likely did not want to change

You are probably right. Taking the year off is a bad idea but he has to do what is best for him...