Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Jim Boeheim Retired

Foxx

On 3/8/2023 at 2:57 PM, Foxx said:

Fquz-PMWIAAlemy?format=jpg&name=large

But amazingly, didn't lose all that much more hair over the past 40 years.

btw, if you've never seen the 30 for 30 "Requiem For The Big East" that is mandatory viewing.  Best walk down college basketball memory lane ever.

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
Alaska Darin
On 3/16/2023 at 10:24 AM, KD in CA said:

But amazingly, didn't lose all that much more hair over the past 40 years.

btw, if you've never seen the 30 for 30 "Requiem For The Big East" that is mandatory viewing.  Best walk down college basketball memory lane ever.

College basketball lost me when the Big East broke up.  Greed killed my love of the sport.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

College basketball lost me when the Big East broke up.  Greed killed my love of the sport.

That’s one of the things that makes that 30 for 30 enjoyable - it’s not shy about pointing the finger at what killed the Big East: schools chasing football $$.

In a somewhat happy ending, they have reformed the conference as a basketball league, and did let UConn back in (despite them still not giving up their hopeless dream of big time football).

Oddly, after all those years of bristling under the endless UConn hype, now far removed from it I find myself pulling for them in the tournament.

19 hours ago, KD in CA said:

That’s one of the things that makes that 30 for 30 enjoyable - it’s not shy about pointing the finger at what killed the Big East: schools chasing football $$.

In a somewhat happy ending, they have reformed the conference as a basketball league, and did let UConn back in (despite them still not giving up their hopeless dream of big time football).

Oddly, after all those years of bristling under the endless UConn hype, now far removed from it I find myself pulling for them in the tournament.

Will say 1 thing for UConn.   Calling themselves the Huskies is brilliant.

• Haha 1