Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Baseball

KD in CA

On 10/31/2020 at 3:06 AM, Nanker said:

I thought Steven Cohen bought them. 🤔

https://nypost.com/2019/12/04/the-mets-next-owner-inspired-damian-lewis-character-in-billions/

In other baseball news, when you have a losing team in Boston, you need to start cheating again ASAP!!!

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/red-sox-to-name-alex-cora-manager-just-over-a-week-after-sign-stealing-suspension-ended/

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Have not been into baseball for awhile. 

watched not 1 inning this year, watched about half of the Nats world series games year before .

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

watched not 1 inning this year, watched about half of the Nats world series games year before .

What about basketball. 
can’t tell you the last time I watched basketball.used to watch college now and then 

16 minutes ago, mead107 said:

What about basketball. 
can’t tell you the last time I watched basketball.used to watch college now and then 

i watch the NBA a smidge during the regular season, but tend to watch 100% of the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

Same here....used to be a big fan but slowly drifted away.  I watched more rugby than baseball this year.  

A lesson for the NFL that they could be knocked of their perch.

• Cheers 1

Grew up a fan of the big 3 sports next to the big apple. Was cut from freshman football for being too small so turned to baseball.
Used to follow the boys of summer a lot more but as I got older the intensity of the games in the playoffs drew my interest much more.
This year started with the cancellation of my Spring Training trip and the shortened season waned my interest this year.

That said I still enjoy the game and the memories.
“Base-a-bol been bera, bera good to me; T’ank you bera much.” 

21 hours ago, KD in CA said:

In other baseball news, when you have a losing team in Boston, you need to start cheating again ASAP!!!

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/red-sox-to-name-alex-cora-manager-just-over-a-week-after-sign-stealing-suspension-ended/

I still remember being a fan of his brother, The Rooster, when he played for Seattle.

Edited by Uncle Joe

3 hours ago, mead107 said:

Sadly, the game has deteriorated recent years with the 4+ hour games, endless pitching changes, shifts, etc.

If I was in charge they'd move every outfield fence back 50 feet and make teams learn how to hit and run again.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Sox fan since 1975.

I was finally happy when they won without Papi. I can’t stand that “me first and always me” guy and hated that he was on the team.  I loved what Cora did until I found out about the cheating.  A covid silver lining was that I didn’t spend any time on Baseball this season and I was happy that the Sox were in the toilet. I’m not sure what will get me to go back to that team like I was before.  The Mets are my local team, but I’ve never gone all in on them. Glad the are Wilpons are gone. 

On 10/30/2020 at 11:30 PM, KD in CA said:

Bobby Axelrod owns the Mets.

:b-nana:  

Cohen held a press conference today (his first??).

The sports radio guys were gushing about him. Said he handled himself great and answered all the questions in the right way.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 12:30 PM, B-Man said:

I love baseball.

Not so much MLB on tv anymore but any level of ballgame live

I've taken the kids a couple times to local Indy league games (probably A-ball level) in San Rafael and it's a blast.  Basically nothing to get in.  Sit right behind home plate. Good beer at bar prices.  Kids get to run around the infield between innings (once chasing a toilet mascot via some local plumber), etc.   I hope the league survives the lost season.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I've taken the kids a couple times to local Indy league games (probably A-ball level) in San Rafael and it's a blast.  Basically nothing to get in.  Sit right behind home plate. Good beer at bar prices.  Kids get to run around the infield between innings (once chasing a toilet mascot via some local plumber), etc.   I hope the league survives the lost season.

MLB was cutting back on the minor leagues before the pandemic. It will be interesting to see what franchises survive.
I enjoy Spring Training because other than the increase lodging prices you an still get a good seat and food to watch some MLB talent. And sun in March for an Oregonian is definitely a bonus.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 10:52 AM, KD in CA said:

Sadly, the game has deteriorated recent years with the 4+ hour games, endless pitching changes, shifts, etc.

If I was in charge they'd move every outfield fence back 50 feet and make teams learn how to hit and run again.

A little Polo Grounds nostalgia today, eh?

• Like 2