Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Baseball

KD in CA

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 hours ago, mead107 said:

Wondering if she can find a female pitcher? 

She has an androgynous name and a moustache.

But to be serious, these sorts of hires need to demonstrate that there are large talent pools not being drawn on.  

It’s an absolute disaster for the advancement of women in men’s sports if she doesn’t do better than at least 30% of the league’s GMs.

She needs to be Jackie Robinson.  Jackie demonstrated, unequivocally, that black ball players were simply ball players.  His greatness on par with the greatness of the MLBs best white superstars.

If she’s a half-ass shit show, it cuts the other way.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

11 hours ago, Ann said:

I know nothing about the MLB but I thought this was a cool thing to see - assuming she was hired on merit and capacity. I guess time will tell that. 

• Like 1

Theo Epstein needs to be GM of the Mets.  But he probably really does need a year off to recharge.

Not sure how we sort that out, but please make it happen.

More good news for the Mets - just got back $20MM from Cano.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mets-robinson-cano-suspended-for-2021-mlb-season-after-second-positive-ped-test/

Edited by KD in CA
  • Angry 1

9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Theo Epstein needs to be GM of the Mets.  But he probably really does need a year off to recharge.

Not sure how we sort that out, but please make it happen.

More good news for the Mets - just got back $20MM from Cano.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mets-robinson-cano-suspended-for-2021-mlb-season-after-second-positive-ped-test/

BVW = worst GM in MBL history.

I've always called him "Robinson Cannot." You know, as in "Robinson cannot play this year." Idiot.

Oh, and "F YOU BVW!!!"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

BVW = worst GM in MBL history.

I've always called him "Robinson Cannot." You know, as in "Robinson cannot play this year." Idiot.

Oh, and "F YOU BVW!!!"

If they ranked the worst offseason in history, BVW's first one is an all timer.  Cano, Diaz and WS goat Jersus (or whatever the &#%$ his stupid name is) &#%$ing Familia.  😡

Yes, I'm still pissed about 2015.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

If they ranked the worst offseason in history, BVW's first one is an all timer.  Cano, Diaz and WS goat Jersus (or whatever the &#%$ his stupid name is) &#%$ing Familia.  😡

Yes, I'm still pissed about 2015.

What bothers me more than what we got was what we gave up. On another board, the night before the 2018 draft, I was talking up Jarred Kelenic, who was a high school stud (5-tool player) and would have lots of time to develop before being needed. We drafted him. I was so psyched! Finally, a farm system!

BVW traded him a few months later, along with Justin Dunn, another of our top minor leaguers. Since then, both have torn through the minors and our farm system died. But that's not all! The part that really, REALLY pissed me off about that trade is that the third player -- er -- part -- was the Mets receiving $20 million. &#%$ing Wilpons again.

So now you know why I make sure to end every Mets post with, "Oh, BTW -- FU BVW."

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
9 minutes ago, snafu said:

Holy crap!

Easily one of my favorite players. 

He’s one of those guys who just played the game differently.

They come around every 10-20 years or so, and they make you watch.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 11/19/2020 at 5:26 AM, Sum Ting Wong said:

What bothers me more than what we got was what we gave up. On another board, the night before the 2018 draft, I was talking up Jarred Kelenic, who was a high school stud (5-tool player) and would have lots of time to develop before being needed. We drafted him. I was so psyched! Finally, a farm system!

BVW traded him a few months later, along with Justin Dunn, another of our top minor leaguers. Since then, both have torn through the minors and our farm system died. But that's not all! The part that really, REALLY pissed me off about that trade is that the third player -- er -- part -- was the Mets receiving $20 million. &#%$ing Wilpons again.

So now you know why I make sure to end every Mets post with, "Oh, BTW -- FU BVW."

Im a mets fan and hated the BVW acquisition. I dont know any real Mets fan that thought it was great. Thsy said, new ownership. We shall see.....well if I paid any attention I would. Its Football Season!!!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, snafu said:

Holy crap!

Easily one of my favorite players. 

Ichiro just played the game the right way.  Every tool in the book and still a humble guy who played to win.  He should have been exponentially more popular but playing in that city, in that time zone he was almost a secret to the average fan.

I used to love watching guys test his arm.  That dude could flat out sling it.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Im a mets fan and hated the BVW acquisition. I dont know any real Mets fan that thought it was great. Thsy said, new ownership. We shall see.....well if I paid any attention I would. Its Football Season!!!!

I grew up in a Yankees' family, so the only time I ever rooted for the Mets was in the 1986 WS (you're welcome).  I am heartened by the fact that the new owner is at least publicly a good guy.

I can't imagine being a BILLS, Sabres, AND Mets fan.  Some of you have had it rough.

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I grew up in a Yankees' family, so the only time I ever rooted for the Mets was in the 1986 WS (you're welcome).  I am heartened by the fact that the new owner is at least publicly a good guy.

I can't imagine being a BILLS, Sabres, AND Mets fan.  Some of you have had it rough.

Bills, Mets, Islanders here.

Edited by Fansince88

6 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Ouch... even if you are old enough to remember the Islanders dynasty,  that's a lot of sucking.

6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Bills, Sabres, Red Sox.

Married a Mets fan. 

6 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

Iv'e been a Royals fan since I was a kid.

Are you old enough to remember the good teams with Brett, Otis, Patek, Quiz, etc?

6 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Isles new arena is going up just outside Belmont. Looks good from the outside..

Lamoriello put that team straight for sure.

• Like 1