Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Baseball

KD in CA

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Terrific game with Yankees and Rays.

1 - 0 NY

Judge knocks in the only run in the bottom of the 9th.

1st base was open, but I think that the Rays were trying to make a point.

They didn't.

It was possible for a 4 way tie today for 2 wild card spots. That would have been wild.

18 minutes ago, snafu said:

Gonna have a good game tonite!

Gotta give your fans credit the way that guy in the stands chugged that bud lite after the Bogaerts home run.
He definitely bogarted that beer!

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Gotta give your fans credit the way that guy in the stands chugged that bud lite after the Bogaerts home run.
He definitely bogarted that beer!

Up early, but I still don’t trust my team at all.

And I feel like the winner gets the consolation prize of being humiliated by the Rays.

The plate ump in the Yanks-Sox game is horrible.   Sometimes he calls the high strike, sometimes not.  Sometimes he calls the low strike, sometimes not.  That strike he called against Schwarber was about a foot outside AND low.   Good grief...just go with the computer strike zone.

50 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The plate ump in the Yanks-Sox game is horrible.   Sometimes he calls the high strike, sometimes not.  Sometimes he calls the low strike, sometimes not.  That strike he called against Schwarber was about a foot outside AND low.   Good grief...just go with the computer strike zone.

HAL, was that a ball or strike?

I get your point KD.

Edited by Uncle Joe

20 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

image.thumb.png.fa7f4db03abd9698584a45d4c156605d.png

Damn Eovaldi and his stupid grunting!  😁

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Was the pitcher counting ceiling tiles or something?   He was completely oblivious.

I was going to say that about the catcher -- especially with a lefty at the plate.

Arozarena must have gotten a crazy fast jump.

I was going to say that the third baseman should have been on it, too -- but by that clip above it looks like there was a shift on and nobody was anywhere near him.

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Was the pitcher counting ceiling tiles or something?   He was completely oblivious.

1 hour ago, snafu said:

I was going to say that about the catcher -- especially with a lefty at the plate.

Arozarena must have gotten a crazy fast jump.

I was going to say that the third baseman should have been on it, too -- but by that clip above it looks like there was a shift on and nobody was anywhere near him.

Some of these pitchers now take longer to get set in the stretch position than it takes Vlad DuCasse to run the 40.

Edited by Uncle Joe

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

Or not.

“That’s baseball, Suzyn.”  

I can’t believe it!

The way they win doesn’t seem sustainable.

But it was nice to see that ninth inning. A seeing-eye single. A bunt. An infield “hit”/error to move the runner over. Pinch runner. Sac fly.  Nice old school way to manufacture a run when they needed it.

What a great sports weekend this one has been!

Edited by snafu
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, snafu said:

“That’s baseball, Suzyn.”  

I can’t believe it!

The way they win doesn’t seem sustainable.

But it was nice to see that ninth inning. A seeing-eye single. A bunt. An infield “hit”/error to move the runner over. Pinch runner. Sac fly.  Nice old school way to manufacture a run when they needed it.

What a great sports weekend this one has been!

I believe contact hitters and small ball will win a lot of ballgames in October when the pitching and defense is usually tougher.

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

I believe contact hitters and small ball will win a lot of ballgames in October when the pitching and defense is usually tougher.

i agree. And it should win a lot of games during the regular season when pitching is worse. Teams just want to smash extra base hits.