Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Baseball

KD in CA

Baseball was never my sport, but I guess Twitter thinks that my love for the NFL means I have a love for all sports.

So I have no issue asking those of you who follow the game precisely when MLB turned into WWE. Because this dude is running around like Captain Lou Albano after finding out he had to fight Andre the Giant.

• Like 2

I went to MLB Twitter to find a replay of this, but (of course) it is not even mentioned. 

The biggest thing that baseball fans are talking about this morning and it is NOT mentioned, because it shows another bad call by the worst umpire in the league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I went to MLB Twitter to find a replay of this, but (of course) it is not even mentioned. 

The biggest thing that baseball fans are talking about this morning and it is NOT mentioned, because it shows another bad call by the worst umpire in the league.

I watched this once -- no replay.  Although the Pitcher's expression shows that even he thought is marginal, that pitch didn't look too awful -- unless the Ump was calling that location balls and not strikes all night. Schwarber looked like an idiot. Bad calls happen.

Robot Umpires, here we come?

14 minutes ago, snafu said:

I watched this once -- no replay.  Although the Pitcher's expression shows that even he thought is marginal, that pitch didn't look too awful -- unless the Ump was calling that location balls and not strikes all night. Schwarber looked like an idiot. Bad calls happen.

Sounds like it was a matter of a bad strike zone all game long for both  teams.
In a 1 run game Schwarber didn't take kindly to having the bat taken out of his hands (I agree that last strike wasn't that bad).
From ESPN:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33801843/kyle-schwarber-ejected-philadelphia-phillies-1-0-loss-large-strike-zone-just-got-me
"Everybody saw the game and everybody saw that he was at least consistent for both teams. I'm not gonna say he was good because he wasn't, but at least he was consistent for both teams," Brewers catcher Omar Narvaez said. "Sometimes you just got to adjust and not leave the decision to the umpire."

"It was a consistently big zone. It was just a little big in a lot of areas," Brewers manager Craig Counsell said after the win. "I think Schwarber said it was big on both sides. And there was bound to be somebody upset when it's like that."

• Like 1

4merper4mer
9 hours ago, snafu said:

Jomboy Media on YouTube did a nice….and funny….breakdown.  Schwarber was right.  It was evidently awful all night.  Angel Hernandez has a reputation as being less than competent.

10 hours ago, snafu said:

Yes, but they've been happening with Hernandez on a regular basis his entire career.  He's the worst ump in baseball.  If this was a good ump, I doubt Schwarber goes nuts.

Baseball isn't football or hockey;  there's no contact between players so no judgements to be made on infractions.  Thus, no excuse for incompetent umps.  Bring on the robots.

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 4/25/2022 at 12:42 PM, snafu said:

I don't like using that as an argument for robot umps.

I'd rather just use it as an argument for getting rid of Angel Hernandez.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snafu said:

I did tip my cap. Everything was going great. Then I got to the mound. 

I bounced it!

I didn’t take a deep breath. 
I was relaxed until I got to the mound. Then everything sped up and I chucked it. 

My kid got a good laugh!

And I knocked something off a bucket list that I never thought would be ON the list. 

I’m now three beers in. Should have had a couple shots right before I crossed the foul line!

3 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Talk about a memory of a lifetime.
"Remember when dad bounced one to the plate and then 5 Mets pitchers proceeded to throw a no-hitter" 🍻
You must have loosened up the Mets pitching staff. They might want an encore.

Five Mets pitchers combine for no-hitter in win over Phillies
https://nypost.com/2022/04/29/the-rotation-spot-due-up-for-the-mets-on-friday-night-was-the-one-that-would-have-belonged-to-jacob-degrom-had-the-ace-been-healthy-to-start-the-year-instead-it-went-again-to-tylor-megill-the-unassumi/

I'm not usually a cross poster but this is too good not to share

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

16 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

For what?  Did he say something transphobic?

Based on what I’ve read, essentially for being a fairly extreme deviant.

If he’s suspended, he can’t claim teams are colluding against him, and no one will ever sign him again.

Alaska Darin

Just in case anyone's wondering what a buncha whiny bitches professional athletes/coaches are:

• Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...