Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Baseball

KD in CA

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, KD in CA said:

^ That's a fantastic graphic.  I'd love to see the NFL version; expect it would look a whole lot different.

Agreed.  And you have to give Yanks, Mets, W Sox and Cubs a grain of salt.  It’s not as if they are in the burbs.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, B-Man said:

326249997_1570686036688165_8235188683636

Interesting.  When Houston's teams left the Astrodome had thought the new stadiums were put more or less on that site way south of downtown right off the I610 Loop.  Didn't realize the stadiums got built downtown.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 10:07 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Agreed.  And you have to give Yanks, Mets, W Sox and Cubs a grain of salt.  It’s not as if they are in the burbs.

I looked at that and kinda laughed.  Yankee Stadium is in the Bronx - what exactly is considered NYC "downtown"?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I looked at that and kinda laughed.  Yankee Stadium is in the Bronx - what exactly is considered NYC "downtown"?

Guessing Manhattan???

21 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The eight-time Gold Glove third baseman was the only player to clear the 75 percent threshold for election to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.

327192205_901584037663027_25146641122348

Wow.

The continued march of the Hall of Fame into the Hall of very Good

If you think WAR means anything, Rolen is in.  He ranks above notables such as Gwynn, Smoltz, Raines, Pudge, Jim Palmer, Sandberg, Miggy and more.

He was kind of boring, but his numbers are real and his defense was outstanding.

• O Rly 1

On 1/25/2023 at 3:29 PM, 4merper4mer said:

If you think WAR means anything, Rolen is in.  He ranks above notables such as Gwynn, Smoltz, Raines, Pudge, Jim Palmer, Sandberg, Miggy and more.

He was kind of boring, but his numbers are real and his defense was outstanding.

I'm with you.  He started getting banged up when he hit 30, which affected his batting numbers but he's arguably the best defensive 3B of all time and that's something. 

He had over 300HRs, 500 doubles, and nearly 1300 RBIs.  It's hard to argue that he's not one of the 10 best 3Bs of all time.

• Like 1

I've never understood the continued vendetta against Rose.  He didn't cheat, his numbers are legit (and incredible). In the end, his private demons did not damage baseball. No one ever showed that he bet against his team. 

So yeah, I get the original punishment, but to still hold the grudge 30 years later when it comes to the HOF is ridiculous.  Some day we'll look back on this like we do now with Joe Jackson.

• Applause 2