Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Week 8: BILLS @ Patriots : The Aftermath

Ann

I honestly thought NE was going to score a touchdown and we were going to lose a game we had no business losing. Thanks Zimmer for the play of the game. Defense better get it together.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 7:55 PM, NCBillsFan said:

Is Zimmer the kid from the commercial warming up his arm telling Cam he’ll take his job and become his mom’s favorite player?

• Haha 1

^^^^^^^^^..(for those that cant see the article...Edmunds is rated lowest player on team so far this season)

49 has and will continue to be a problem. For those that know Paul from Hammer's and the TBD tailgates(He is not a TBDer) , we continue to argue via text about Edmunds. It started in Hammers post game of  home opener against San Diego 3 years ago when the Chargers steamrolled the Bills, Josh's first start. Told as we were frying wings....I focused on Edmunds almost the whole game when the D was on the field, and he was just getting abused.

Everyone was yapping about 17..i said listen, 17 showed some signs today, he gunna need some time at that position...but 49 is a real problem and that pick may come back to haunt the Bills...he thought i was nuts then, and still does LOL. Dude just takes to long to read a play  and hit the proper gap in run D, and is consistently beaten , especially with Play Action, in pass D. I told him that very first game that was what I saw, and  what he is still doing to this day!

He insists he is playing with one wing, no 1T to eat up blockers as well....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

^^^^^^^^^..(for those that cant see the article...Edmunds is rated lowest player on team so far this season)

49 has and will continue to be a problem. For those that know Paul from Hammer's and the TBD tailgates(He is not a TBDer) , we continue to argue via text about Edmunds. It started in Hammers post game of  home opener against San Diego 3 years ago when the Chargers steamrolled the Bills, Josh's first start. Told as we were frying wings....I focused on Edmunds almost the whole game when the D was on the field, and he was just getting abused.

Everyone was yapping about 17..i said listen, 17 showed some signs today, he gunna need some time at that position...but 49 is a real problem and that pick may come back to haunt the Bills...he thought i was nuts then, and still does LOL. Dude just takes to long to read a play  and hit the proper gap in run D, and is consistently beaten , especially with Play Action, in pass D. I told him that very first game that was what I saw, and  what he is still doing to this day!

I'm definitely in your camp regarding #49.  I know he has staunch defenders ATOP, but to me at a certain point he needs to make plays that are expected of his position.  I don't care that Bills don't have a stout DL to keep the LBs clean.  There have been many plays where he's not blocked at all and is still slow in following the play.    There was one maddening play vs Jets, where the RB is running to the right, but for some reason, Edmunds is still tracking to the left.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

<snip> Told as we were frying wings....I focused on Edmunds almost the whole game when the D was on the field, and he was just getting abused.

<snip>

Simple solution. Fry him up another wing!

More seriously, I was in the he's only 20 camp originally.
Now I just don't see the instincts at MLB. Ability to read the play or the killer kind.

• Like 2

I want to put this in here too, for anyone that was disappointed in the QB play or Daboll's game calling.

My husband told me about this article the other day, but "election stuff" has grabbed my attention and I only now got to read it. This is some article. Josh's growth has been massive.

Jim Kubiak: How Bills QB Josh Allen figured out Patriots' amoeba defense

Daboll knew that exposing his young quarterback too often to confusion could potentially result in game-losing plays. After all, Allen threw three interceptions in last season’s Week 4 loss to New England.

This strategy limited passing mistakes and provided Allen with a platform to achieve his highest overall performance grade of the season, 96.15%.

Allen played with patience, command and the intelligence of a veteran quarterback who knows how to win. He completed 11 of 18 attempts (61.1%) for 154 yards with one interception and one rushing touchdown. The beauty of his performance, though, was not necessarily seen in what he “did,” but rather in the mistakes he did not make and the blunders he cagily avoided.

Allen played as close to a perfect game as he could have, achieving a 100% performance grade in the first, third and fourth quarters.

Don’t be fooled by the lower totals among Allen’s passing statistics. His effort and near-flawless execution was a testament to how much he has developed his operational skills from previous Patriots performances.

</snip>

• Like 4
  • FANtastic 1

20 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Simple solution. Fry him up another wing!

More seriously, I was in the he's only 20 camp originally.
Now I just don't see the instincts at MLB. Ability to read the play or the killer kind.

The first play vs Chiefs sealed it for me.  #49 picks the right gap and watches CEH take the handoff.  If he's aggressive into the hole, it would cause CEH to slow down a bit and pursuit would come.  Instead, 49 hesitates and directly engages the blocker as opposed to using his speed to put the G on his heels.  He's easily ridden of the play, and CEH easily picks up 9 yards.  These plays are far more common than what Cover1 likes to focus on, which is usually in coverage.

• Like 1