Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Ed Oliver Extended

Ann

Alaska Darin
12 minutes ago, Ann said:

Will it?

It could if they moved the money to bonus.  They didn't do that with Josh Allen and I'm not sure it's actually allowed.

• Like 1

I know his horse must be relieved! That will buy some hay! BTW - Is the horse called Mr Ed? Because that would be cool. 

Edited by Augie
  • Facepalm 1
  • Haha 7

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Augie said:

I know his horse must be relieved! That will but some hay! BTW - Is the horse called Mr Ed? Because that would be cool. 

Be more cool if his horse was called Wilbur.

• Haha 4

Hopefully Damar's team has been to South Jersey. 

Joe might need resuscitation. 

Edited by Uncle Joe
ATOP is having a meltdown
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ann said:

a lot of heads to explode over this move

many had him traded for D'Hop or cut outright to free up cap $

sacks could pile up if he is allowed to penetrate and attack, instead of playing contain 

• Like 2

I like this. Look, we have no idea yet what kind of changes McD is going to implement on defense but I think we can expect it to be more aggressive (impossible not to be right?), and hopefully that line rotation will be more 80/20 and only when necessary instead of the 55/45 splits we saw before. Frazier played more of a contain defense as we've discussed before but a more aggressive attacking style is what the players, especially Big Eddie and the rest of the front 7 are built for. 

I know it's a small sample size, but do you remember a few years ago when McDermott took over defensive calling for a handful of games? We did indeed play a more attack style when he did so that memory bring me some hope

• Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Ann said:

"Let’s see if Oliver answers the responsibility of the windfall by providing more impact plays."

Let's see if a new scheme provides him more opportunities for more impact plays.

• Cheers 4

Just now, Jabba The Hutt said:

Am I the only one wondering where the value is?:chair:

It is value, because he is the only DT signed for next year.

No, he isn't consistent enough to be a top tier tackle, but they didn't overpay him

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

I actually like Ed. He does need to play next to a big guy. He also benefited when Von was on the field. He also started out last year with an ankle injury (high ankle sprain?). I don't think he'll go all Dareus because he works hard, high motor etc.

Time will tell. 

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1